UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Decent street fight with a lot of striking

1/13/13 1:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
glassman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After school English kids fight looked a lot better than any of the fights I saw in school growing up. Really impressed with the honour-no one jumping in etc. White wrestler kid would have destroyed me in high school.

"I worry about the mass popularity of MMA and what it might mean ultimately for our kids."

"Amazing, a man of reason on these forums. I worry as well what the overall affects on the young generation will be."

I have been thinking about this too. I am 45 had about 8 or 9 "fights" as a kid-I don't think any of us knew what we were doing. My 8 yr old has been in judo for 2 years and has been hitting the pads with me for about a year. When we are "sparring" he sometimes catches me full on and it hurts. He punches at least twice as hard as I did at that age and understands the idea of a throw and then ground and pound. He would probably have really hurt the kids I was fighting as a kid.30 years ago hardly anyone knew how to fight. Today their are probably some real mismatches on the playground between kids that "trane" and your average kid.
1/13/13 5:23 AM
Winston Wolf

Another Foob - 
dhughes - It's interesting seeing people critique the technique in the first video. These are high school kids and clearly this is happening at some prep school. They are children of affluent families and they are fighting under some set of spoken or unspoken rules. No one leaves this fight with any permanent damage. For all we know, they can be friends again afterwards.

I'm 36 and went to public school in a pretty normal suburban area in the US. I never once saw a fist fight between two kids with any manner of technique. No hands up, no straight punches, and certainly no jabs.

The most violent fights I saw were fights where one guy was on the wrestling team. In one case, I saw a guy repeatedly pick up a much smaller dude and slam him on his head while the rest of the team made sure no one broke it up (and they also contributed a few head kicks while the smaller dude was down). The guy getting beat up ended up with serious brain damage, total loss of vision in his right eye, speech problems, and dropped out of school 6 months later (he was hospitalized for 4 months). The wrestler did not miss a day of school or get in any trouble. The kid he messed up was a low-income Hispanic kid, and a nice kid at that - no charges were pressed. I called the cops when it started...when they showed up it was over and they could not have cared less.

Training kids to fight is risky business. As acknowledged above, the kids in the wrestling program at my school were not being taught to use their skills with discretion. I would imagine that most wrestling programs would have no tolerance for the kind of behavior I described and would teach the kids responsibility (and I would hope their parents would as well). I grew up a karate kid and managed to talk my way out of most fights and when I couldn't I found a way to end things without truly hurting my opponent.

I worry about the mass popularity of MMA and what it might mean ultimately for our kids.

Sorry to be a bummer. Just was reminded of high school fights and obviously I carry a lot of guilt about not being able to stop what happened to that kid.

Damn. You are my doppelganger or something. Other than the details of the tragic story, I could have honestly written every bit of that post.

Except, I think teaching kids to handle their abilities responsibly is not part of any wrestling program anywhere.

bullshit its a big part of any good program
1/13/13 5:32 AM
Zacky Chan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub Phone Post
1/13/13 5:37 AM
vegasdolphin
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Wasnt there an ongoing streetfighting thread? These belong there. Yet all the vids above are cool stuff

1/13/13 5:43 AM
TheHaunted2

HULC - ^ Umm, no. With that many immigrants, and with them having those accents, they certainly aren't at a prep school or from affluent families. They look like kids from the local school having a fight in the local park. Somewhere in England, maybe the midlands.
It says theyre from birmingham, shithole that place Phone Post
1/13/13 8:05 AM
tiger07
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rosario00 - 
KickYoNuts -

Beast mode

One of the best street fights I've seen, thanks Phone Post

Agreed. The tatted up guy's stand up was outstanding. Really good fighter.
1/13/13 8:20 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Sub

1/13/13 8:44 AM
Logan1000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/13/13 1:33 PM
UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 - 
HULC - ^ Umm, no. With that many immigrants, and with them having those accents, they certainly aren't at a prep school or from affluent families. They look like kids from the local school having a fight in the local park. Somewhere in England, maybe the midlands.

Get fucked, fairy.
1/13/13 1:41 PM
Neil Funk

for later
1/13/13 2:08 PM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
1/13/13 2:15 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/13/13 2:33 PM
bad1121

Hell yeah great fight. Better than most UFC lay n pray fights. The guy with the hand wraps should have stopped after he got knocked out the first time. Phone Post
1/13/13 3:04 PM
Swayze Express

nice
1/13/13 3:25 PM
uniquetechnique
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Islanders can Scrap
1/13/13 3:31 PM
uniquetechnique
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scrap
1/13/13 4:54 PM
FJJ828

kwnel2178 - 
Rabid Bunyip - 
KickYoNuts - 

UFC stuff

Guys jumping in and by sounds of it throwing cheap shots were bitches

What I find the strangest about the video is that the black guy is the one trying to take him down, and then when he gets taken down and is getting the shit kicked out of him on the ground all the black guys are screaming let him up.

Evidently, the fight was "over" once their buddy appeared to helpless. If it had been reversed, they would have been happy to let the white kid get turned into hamburger.

1/13/13 6:07 PM
TheHaunted2

UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man -
TheHaunted2 - 

Get fucked, fairy.
Haha im from bradford just as bad. Both shitholes Phone Post
1/13/13 6:37 PM
TheHaunted2

uniquetechnique - Scrap
Lost a fight with a jab lol Phone Post
1/13/13 7:58 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ all the boxing experts on this thread. Would love to see somes footage of you fighting.

That fight wasnt bad at all for two untrained kids. Better stand up than some pro mma fighters and better punches landed by both kids than all of number 25's flailing arm punches.
1/13/13 8:11 PM
gorgesjorj
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - It's interesting seeing people critique the technique in the first video. These are high school kids and clearly this is happening at some prep school. They are children of affluent families and they are fighting under some set of spoken or unspoken rules. No one leaves this fight with any permanent damage. For all we know, they can be friends again afterwards.

I'm 36 and went to public school in a pretty normal suburban area in the US. I never once saw a fist fight between two kids with any manner of technique. No hands up, no straight punches, and certainly no jabs.

The most violent fights I saw were fights where one guy was on the wrestling team. In one case, I saw a guy repeatedly pick up a much smaller dude and slam him on his head while the rest of the team made sure no one broke it up (and they also contributed a few head kicks while the smaller dude was down). The guy getting beat up ended up with serious brain damage, total loss of vision in his right eye, speech problems, and dropped out of school 6 months later (he was hospitalized for 4 months). The wrestler did not miss a day of school or get in any trouble. The kid he messed up was a low-income Hispanic kid, and a nice kid at that - no charges were pressed. I called the cops when it started...when they showed up it was over and they could not have cared less.

Training kids to fight is risky business. As acknowledged above, the kids in the wrestling program at my school were not being taught to use their skills with discretion. I would imagine that most wrestling programs would have no tolerance for the kind of behavior I described and would teach the kids responsibility (and I would hope their parents would as well). I grew up a karate kid and managed to talk my way out of most fights and when I couldn't I found a way to end things without truly hurting my opponent.

I worry about the mass popularity of MMA and what it might mean ultimately for our kids.

Sorry to be a bummer. Just was reminded of high school fights and obviously I carry a lot of guilt about not being able to stop what happened to that kid.

Tell me about it. I thought it was a decent street fight too. Some big-time armchair QBs in this thread. V/U sir.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge
@mmajunkieradio
1/13/13 8:15 PM
helpme

KickYoNuts - 

Beast mode

Bald dude can bang.

That was a good fight for sure.

1/13/13 8:55 PM
daba

HayemakeredByHaye - Lol @ all the boxing experts on this thread. Would love to see somes footage of you fighting.

That fight wasnt bad at all for two untrained kids. Better stand up than some pro mma fighters and better punches landed by both kids than all of number 25's flailing arm punches.

I have to agree that the kids in the first video had pretty good technique and I found it funny that so many keyboard warriors dismissed them.
1/13/13 8:58 PM
dhughes
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gorgesjorj - 

Tell me about it. I thought it was a decent street fight too. Some big-time armchair QBs in this thread. V/U sir.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge
@mmajunkieradio

Thanks for VU! And yeah, lot's of keyboard boxers.
1/13/13 11:50 PM
glassman

Love the scraps from Hawaii. Nobody jumping in. Nobody screaming crowding the fighters. Seems like a culture of honor-the way things were probably in the rest of the world 50 years ago. Hawaiian kids always seem to know what they are doing-does everyone there do Muay Thai from birth?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.