UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Designing a functional strength gym

1/19/13 11:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rorymcd
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, thanks for the input ash1! That is awesome, really great jumping off point.

I was able to find a used airdyne for $70 on craigslist, put it through a tough workout last night and it worked great.

I'll post more as the space starts to come together
1/20/13 3:37 AM
HernanCortes
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purrel. Most important thing. Phone Post
2/9/13 5:36 PM
jbourke
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/24/13 9:43 PM
cfraze
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/27/13 10:16 PM
Hywel Teague
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
You said you were looking for large metal multi-use structures - have you seen these?

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-rigs-racks/infinity-series/infinity-rigs.php
2/27/13 10:39 PM
rorymcd
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes! Great post, that is exactly what I have in mind.
2/28/13 10:10 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

WOW...Turducken...My first two posts visited this evening and you are 2 for 2.

Rory,

sounds like you already have a good start. If you like Ross stuff, build a iso-metric handle. Also, sandbags are cool. Some woody bands. Keeping the space open and covering in with Techno turf would be cool so you could do short shuttles runs or various conditioning stuff.

TAKU

lmao turdcuken DEFINITELY has his moments!
3/2/13 4:14 PM
SidRon
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bosu balls sound kind of dangerous. I would suggest an olympic lifting platform that is suspended a couple of inches off the ground using chains attached to the ceiling. This should introduce the instability needed to do functional training while avoiding the unsafe height if the platform were placed on bosu balls.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.