UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Super Channel to show SF in Canada

1/11/13 7:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier this week, Super Channel --the longtime broadcaster of Strikeforce events in Canada-- stated they made the "difficult decision" not air the final Strikeforce event this Saturday night (Jan. 12, 2013), which left many bloodthirsty Canadian fans unpleased and wondering where to watch the event.

However, on Friday, the situation took a turn for the better as the premium cable channel announced that deal had been reached with Showtime to broadcast the event to fans north of the border.

"Due to a last minute deal with Showtime, Super Channel is very pleased to announce that we will be broadcasting the final Strikeforce event, live from Chesapeake Energy Center, Oklahoma City." Super Channel stated in a release. "We would like to thank Showtime for their efforts to bring this event to our loyal Canadian fights fans."

Read entire article...

1/11/13 8:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/11/13 8:06 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people have lost so much interest in ug blog that they do not even bother to rag on them for typos anymore.

;)

1/11/13 8:12 PM
Kirik
2024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

I caught Chris's error very quickly this time.

1/11/13 8:14 PM
El Rafa
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy sh!t super channel still exists? I haven't heard that name in 20 years

1/11/13 8:18 PM
the geek
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 8:20 PM

1/11/13 8:56 PM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 

The last guy in Canada that still has Super Channel is stoked!!
1/11/13 9:01 PM
the geek
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - 
the geek - 

The last guy in Canada that still has Super Channel is stoked!!

Dude, it's pretty big up here. It plays Homeland, SOA, Portlandia, etc.
1/11/13 9:03 PM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeez, I didn't know man. I dropped it like thirty years ago when the vcr seemed to make it redundant.
1/11/13 9:06 PM
the geek

Megatherium - Jeez, I didn't know man. I dropped it like thirty years ago when the vcr seemed to make it redundant.

Hahaha.

I remember it was I was a kid and TV remotes were wired.

I think that it was gone for a long time then resurfaced a few years ago.
1/11/13 9:11 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know anyone with Superchannel.

The movies on there are shit, which is too bad cause I kinda wish it was worth getting. Would be dope to have Showtime boxing, but the Khan Showtime Card was on TSN anyway
1/11/13 10:46 PM
langfordman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know if Shaw Cable is going to be showing it? Nothing is showing up in the guide for it on any channel including SC. Phone Post
1/11/13 10:50 PM
the geek

langfordman -  Anyone know if Shaw Cable is going to be showing it? Nothing is showing up in the guide for it on any channel including SC. Phone Post

They should. The cable companies don't control whats shown on the channel, they only control what channel they carry. If SC says thy are showing it then it should be on.

Looks like SC decided to carry it at the last minute so I'm sure the guide just hasn't updated yet (it might not as of how late they added the program).
1/11/13 10:56 PM
langfordman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, thank you very much for the info. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.