UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Bendo' inks new deal with the UFC

1/11/13 11:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Maybe all that talk of Eddie Alvarez entering the UFC and signing a large contract helped Benson Henderson after all. The current UFC lightweight champion posted on Twitter late Friday night that he has signed a new deal with the UFC.

"New deal done w/Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta and UFC, I'm a HAPPY man," Henderson wrote.

Henderson thanks his management team, including Malki Kawa, for "staying late on this (business)."

read entire article...

1/11/13 11:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
10137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He signed the contract with an ink pad and a toothpick.

1/12/13 12:02 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo got his money, good for him.

Now Aldo and Cruz need new contracts.
1/12/13 12:28 AM
stonepony

Good for him. He deserves his wealth.
1/12/13 12:39 AM
yellow wrkahlc

lol saw this coming. All that money talk about Eddie must have got him talking to Malki about getting more monies for him.

Good for him.

1/12/13 12:49 AM
stonepony

superCalo -  Rumour is Bendo will be getting six figure paydays, well deserved. Phone Post

Which is nothing compared to what he's making from sponsors. Everybody likes the guy, he doesn't really have any "haters". Some petty people cry a little when he says Jesus or God after a fight, but that's about it. Beating Nate down like that, with a toothpick in his mouth the whole time, is just cool. I don't think sponsors are worried about putting money behind him. They know he'll perform on fight night, and they know he's not going to get busted for rape or for crack (or for steroids). He made Rogan cry like a little girl when he won the title and kissed his mom in the audience.

Benson is just a good bet for everybody. Whatever the UFC is paying him, it's probably worth it to them at triple the price. And I bet sponsors are lining up to throw money at him (that's one reason the UFC contract is worth so much more for Eddie Alvarez).
1/12/13 12:50 AM
stonepony

CREamed_by_DongJ - It's obvious by his conditioning alone that he's one of the most professional athletes in the UFC, grats.

At the word "conditioning", I thought you were going to comment on his hair. His hair is fabulous.
1/12/13 12:50 AM
Brian J DSouza

Benson better thank the man responsible for his pay raise-- Bjorn Rebney!

1/12/13 12:56 AM
sk8actr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves every bit of 6 figures now!
1/12/13 12:58 AM
luctaro
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

I thought you where going to say his head training coach or someone else. Becoming UFC champion and attracting great numbers on FOX has more to do with big money sent his way than anything else.
1/12/13 1:23 AM
kingjames100
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can finally change out that old ass toothpick.
1/12/13 1:47 AM
PAPA ROACH1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha i called it yesterday in the eddie alvarez thread. yesterday i wrote that dana was probably cringing in his skin when eddies terms came out to the public. i wrote the best part about getting it out in public was that when fedors terms came out , randy and tito ended up getting paid when the ufc dicktucked for underpaying them haha this is great. bendo wont be the last one im sure to get paid.
1/12/13 1:48 AM
MMALOGIC

Brian J DSouza - 

Doubt it... he's had 6 fights in the UFC already and just pulled 5.5 million viewers on fox.  He was due a new contract.  THe eddie news broke a few days ago... if that was the catalyst it would have taken a few weeks before he announced a new contract.

1/12/13 1:53 AM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he must be making a shit ton of money in korea also...my korean friend said they worship him over there
1/12/13 1:59 AM
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/12/13 2:02 AM
Sherdoggystyle

FlyingKnee_bar - he must be making a shit ton of money in korea also...my korean friend said they worship him over there

Depends if he's tapping into their market though with any specific endorsements. Just because they put you in the newspaper doesn't mean anything unless you can parlay that into some sort of nice cash in that country.
1/12/13 2:11 AM
Tap In
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's the bentley
1/12/13 2:18 AM
Uncle Muay Thai
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well deserved paydays for him hopefully Phone Post
1/12/13 3:40 AM
FingerorMoon
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - It's obvious by his conditioning alone that he's one of the most professional athletes in the UFC, grats.

At the word "conditioning", I thought you were going to comment on his hair. His hair is fabulous.

Legit lulz
1/12/13 6:25 AM
Sharkbait
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon -
stonepony - 

Legit lulz
Ha ha nice! And soft....yet wild. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.