UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 20th anniversary in Nov - how to honor Royce?

1/12/13 2:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blunderhooks
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

November 12 will mark the 20th anniversary of UFC 1.

I wonder if Royce will start campaign to get another fight like he did a couple of years ago. I don't want to see that, but I'd like to see some sort of tribute from the UFC. At least some sort of video tribute. Perhaps a grappling exhibition?

It would also be nice if they could bury the hatchet with Ken Shamrock and at least invite him to be there.

Obviously Art Jimmerson also needs to be in attendance!

No doubt Zuffa has big plans for the card itself - perhaps one of the superfights - either Anderson-Jones or Anderson-GSP?

Or how about Cain vs JDS 3?

What do you guys want to see?

Maybe the show should be in Denver. (Just kidding about that one...!) Phone Post
1/12/13 3:53 AM
Fedoral Crime
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Royce fight again. Royce vs Saku III. Dana make it happen!

Holy fug, I can't believe it'll be 20 years on Nov. I like the way you think OP. Anderson vs Jones would be the only fitting fight to mark that occasion (well one of a few anyway).

Maybe the UFC will be sanctioned in NY by then, but wherever it is, it's gonna be a stacked card. Phone Post
1/12/13 3:56 AM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce Gracie vs Dan Severn 2 Phone Post
1/12/13 4:02 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a 20 man royal rumble is in order. It's the only logical choice.

And to be fair the current fighters start and then the older ones come out later. Phone Post
1/12/13 4:47 AM
OFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'd be tough to give Royce a fight, and it not look like a freak show. I'm a huge huge Royce fan and would pay to watch him fight anybody.

What would be awesome to celebrate the 20th anniversary is have a one night 8 man tourney. Maybe even do a Grand Prix over a couple events with that semi's an finals taking place in November. Phone Post
1/12/13 1:07 PM
cortXbomb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce vs Saku 15 minute no judges grappling match
1/12/13 3:47 PM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would always watch Royce fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.