UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember that time Anderson faced a great striker

1/12/13 5:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
8437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Bomber - 
Hocky Balboa - If this song sounds familiar, you were as big of a loser as I was growing up.

Most likely worse.

Quantum Leap please!! Phone Post

It's damn near impossible!

This is as real as it gets:

1/12/13 5:10 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -
Jobe Watson the Bomber - 
Hocky Balboa - If this song sounds familiar, you were as big of a loser as I was growing up.

Most likely worse.

Quantum Leap please!! Phone Post

It's damn near impossible!

This is as real as it gets:

Awesome. You did good. Loved this show. Married with children? Phone Post
1/12/13 5:28 AM
in_different
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoNameBias - 
in_different - 
NoNameBias - Greatness is about beating all styles. Once upon a time thee was a little fat fella. He beat world champions in JJ, judo, 2 x k-1 champs, wrestlers, 400 pounders, you name it.

That my friend is a champion :-)

How will Anderson be remembered?

Anderson will be remembered as the greatest martial artists of his time and possibly ever ( at least for a long time). How will you be remembered?

No need for insults.

He is the greatest standup fighter I have ever seen...

I'm stating the obvious I question his resume.
I'm sorry that nuthuggery has blinded your logic.

Sorry bro.

You believe Fedor's record to be better than Anderson? Please make a thread with a poll to see if others agree with your assessment. My "nuthuggery" has hardly blinded my logic. You implied Anderson will be remembered poorly or not remembered, I disagree. I posted my reason.

You did not contribute anything to this thread. Why did u even bring up Fedor? I'm not questioning him. I have nothing bad to say about him. Sack up and admit you did not make that first post with benevolent intentions.

Anderson is a champion, the greatest of all time, and will be remembered fondly.
1/12/13 5:43 AM
Hocky Balboa
8437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe

1/12/13 6:55 AM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoNameBias - Or a great wrestler with a 2nd string to his bow?

Yeah me neither...

1/12/13 6:58 AM
Neph
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember that time you made a really shitty thread and everyone called you out on it?
1/12/13 7:35 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

Anderson P Sonnen -  Doesn't matter if he faced "great strikers" or not. He defeated every opponent who was p4p the best in their division at the time of fighting Silva. Give or take a few.

Nonetheless, not only has he shown out of this world striking, he's done it with ease. His striking is light years ahead of most fighters in the ufc and known combat sports, so your logic is invalid until a fighter with stellar striking is faced against Andy. Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c
1/12/13 1:22 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/13 1:22 PM

^^^

lol

1/12/13 1:26 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/12/13 1:29 PM
Anderson P Sonnen

1/12/13 1:36 PM
orcus

"Greatness is about beating all styles."

Demian Maia: ADCC champion.

Dan Henderson: Olympic level wrestler.

Nate Marquardt: Excellent standup, KO power, blackbelt jiujitsu, strong wrestler.

Yushin Okami: Strong wrestler with top notch sub defense.

Vitor Belfort: Fast striker with big KO power, blackbelt jiujitsu, strong wrestler.

You know what "style" your "fat little fella" never beat? Someone in his weightclass who was actually well-rounded and had the ability to decide where the fight takes place, and the ability to be dangerous in multiple areas. I made a thread once upon a time saying he had never even beaten anyone "like" Dan Henderson, a strong wrestler with a great chin, KO power, and good at escaping subs, or like Nate Marquardt, a strong wrestler with blackbelt jiujitsu, heavy GnP, and excellent standup. Hilariously, the "fat little fella" actually ended up losing TO a 206lb Dan Henderson rather than a heavweight LIKE him. This, of course, was after losing to the first heavyweight he ever fought matching my "well-rounded" description in Bigfoot.

1/12/13 1:38 PM
slugshot331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoNameBias - Or a great wrestler with a 2nd string to his bow?

Yeah me neither...
1/12/13 1:43 PM
Anderson P Sonnen

orcus -

"Greatness is about beating all styles."

Demian Maia: ADCC champion.

Dan Henderson: Olympic level wrestler.

Nate Marquardt: Excellent standup, KO power, blackbelt jiujitsu, strong wrestler.

Yushin Okami: Strong wrestler with top notch sub defense.

Vitor Belfort: Fast striker with big KO power, blackbelt jiujitsu, strong wrestler.

You know what "style" your "fat little fella" never beat? Someone in his weightclass who was actually well-rounded and had the ability to decide where the fight takes place, and the ability to be dangerous in multiple areas. I made a thread once upon a time saying he had never even beaten anyone "like" Dan Henderson, a strong wrestler with a great chin, KO power, and good at escaping subs, or like Nate Marquardt, a strong wrestler with blackbelt jiujitsu, heavy GnP, and excellent standup. Hilariously, the "fat little fella" actually ended up losing TO a 206lb Dan Henderson rather than a heavweight LIKE him. This, of course, was after losing to the first heavyweight he ever fought matching my "well-rounded" description in Bigfoot.

Agree with everything here to a T, except for finding hilarity in Fedor getting knocked out by Dan. That was quite sad tbh.... Phone Post
1/12/13 1:45 PM
orcus

Hilarious in the context of my years' earlier post saying that Fedor had not proven he could beat someone "like" Dan -- a post that of course most here violently disagreed with even though we were talking about a HEAVYWEIGHT analogue to Henderson.

I agree the actual fight was sad.

1/12/13 2:50 PM
Anderson P Sonnen

orcus -

Hilarious in the context of my years' earlier post saying that Fedor had not proven he could beat someone "like" Dan -- a post that of course most here violently disagreed with even though we were talking about a HEAVYWEIGHT analogue to Henderson.

I agree the actual fight was sad.

Gotchya. Yeah a lot of folks were and still are bias about Fedors' defeats. Saying anything that wasn't praise to his career was frowned upon, even if it was truthful and of taste. I just think it was training errors mixed in with age and of course, the evolution of mma that Fedor had refused to adapt to. Phone Post
1/12/13 3:15 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a huge fan of the way Anderson conducts himself, so I am naturally pretty critical of him.

However whenever I start to think that he's overrated, I think of the Griffin fight.  

Griffin had just fought and outstruck Rashad for 2 rounds before being taken down and TKO'd.  He'd won the belt off Rampage before that.

Anderson went in there, against the bigger guy, and absolutely dominated him.  Forrest couldn't touch him.  The same guy who more than held his own against prime Rampage and Rashad.

I think Weidman could beat Anderson, but he is absolutely the best striker in MMA.

1/12/13 3:28 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fucking love this place! :)

Everyone who posted a TV Show intro is getting a vote up. Thank you for making me cry with laughter... Phone Post
1/12/13 5:06 PM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok then tell us what amaziing striker he should have faced in the past and which amazing striker on the horizon should be getting his shot?

1/12/13 5:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is still about television show intros. Stop going off topic.

1/12/13 5:43 PM
Hocky Balboa

^ ...and that's a fact...of life.

1/12/13 7:10 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my favs

1/12/13 7:11 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This too

1/12/13 7:21 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife

1/12/13 7:22 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife

1/12/13 7:24 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.