UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember that time Anderson faced a great striker

1/12/13 8:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_CloudStrife
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - 
Animal Chin - complete and utter failure without night court, dear john, evening shade, or wings.

WELL?

Thanks for wings, btw. I loved it too. Still watch reruns on reelz.

Speaking of reelz.....

WHERE'S COACH, YOU FUCKING COMMUNIST?!?!

1/12/13 8:51 PM
Animal Chin
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, coach was an awesome show. I loved Luther.
1/12/13 8:52 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - Man, coach was an awesome show. I loved Luther.

yea, All on netfliix streaming I believe

1/12/13 10:34 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deaf Forever - 
NoNameBias - Greatness is about beating all styles. Once upon a time thee was a little fat fella. He beat world champions in JJ, judo, 2 x k-1 champs, wrestlers, 400 pounders, you name it.

That my friend is a champion :-)

How will Anderson be remembered?

Better than Fedor. He beat every top middleweight of his era. Whether it's a fair accusation or not, Fedor will be remembered for not fighting the best available whether in the UFC or not (ducked Overeem, never fought Barnett, turned down several lucrative offers to fight the best in the UFC). He also lost to a MW/LHW that Anderon destroyed.

What "great wrestlers" has Fedor beaten? Old man Coleman? After him and a middle of the road Randleman who has he really beaten with wrestling ability? LMFAO at those worthless misleading credentials you listed. 2X K-1 champion doesn't mean a thing if you're a mediocre MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST. 400 pounders like Zuluzinho are cans among cans and not even 1/100 of a Chael Sonnen.

Greatness is about beating the best not beating "all styles" (which Fedor didn't even do). I didn't want to put down Fedor (#2 of all time after Silva) but people who have to tear down Silva to gas up Fedor really invite this sort of thing.

I have no idea what is going on in this thread. But, imho, Silva has not yet achieved what Fedor achieved in his era. AS is the greatest active competitor and one of the two GOATs. But, mark my words, in the next few years newbs will question his accomplishments. And when he eventually stumbles, many will doubt he was ever great at all.
1/12/13 10:48 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's basically asking 'When was the last time Anderson faced a legit mixed martial artist'.
Well, Mr OP, Anderson fights in the UFC. Please do us all the service of thinking before you post. Phone Post
1/12/13 11:04 PM
MMAjustice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva makes great strikers look bad.

Who are the "great strikers" in the middleweight division that he's not facing?
1/12/13 11:04 PM
MMAjustice

Silva makes great strikers look bad.

Who are the "great strikers" in the middleweight division that he's not facing?
1/13/13 12:57 AM
GracieFighter250

So its andersons fault that hes leaps and bounds ahead of everyone and makes great fighters look amateur? He is doing his job, and doing it well. Hes an amazing striker, but i believe he wins all his fights(minus chael) before the fight is even fought. You can see the guys have already tapped out mentally during their walk outs. Thats what makes him such an amazing fighter. Just like Ali :)
1/13/13 1:12 AM
Size

Edited: 01/13/13 1:13 AM
What great strikers didn't he fight? Ones that actually could have made it up the ranks.

...I bet Pride would have put Manhoef in there with him just for the hell of it though, haha, but probably short notice for Manhoef.
1/13/13 5:26 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife

1/13/13 5:52 AM
RTARDO

Op has a point, fellas. Silvas a gahdamn superhero to me but he shouldnt be above a little critisizm. . He has never fought a great striker, vitor hits hard but isnt technical. . Id like to see him against a larkin or bisping. The most technical boxer hes fought was sonnen. serious. 19-2 inboxing
1/13/13 6:01 AM
RTARDO

We really dont know how great a striker he really is until he fights another great striker, ya know? Im sure hes phenominal, but he almost alway fights grappler based oponnents. Leites, sonnen, maia, okami,nate, lutter,....all grapplers. Even vitor was a bjjer 1st right?
1/13/13 6:10 AM
RTARDO

Edited: 01/13/13 6:16 AM
Heres his boxing record. 1-1. 1WIN via KO 1LOSS via KO. Not the record i thought hed have. It shocked me. Not the rec of the goat striker...but thats boxing not mma. http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php%3Fhuman_id%3D152826%26cat%3Dboxer&ei=0JTyULHyJKThkAKF_4HwDw&wsc=pb
1/13/13 1:29 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - 

well played. vtfu.
1/13/13 10:43 PM
RTARDO

nix1331 - 
Dwight K Schrute - Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort

ya both have great power but that doesnt make you a great striker. unfortunately the overall striking in mma is not amazing. what makes silva amazing is that he really is on the striking level of top professional boxing, TKD and muay thai guys, but almost all the people he is facing are not on that level. i would love to see him fight a a very technical striker with power, not because i think he would loose, but so that he can really showcase his striking ability. sure we get crazy KO's but he hasnt been in a very competitive striking fight in years even hendo was only the first round than like usual silva steps it up after the first. my dream fight would be silva vs nathan corbett tho corbett's probably a bit to big for him

Dan, pre trt-infused on a downswing. Also a grappler. Hits hard but not a good striker. . I disagree that silva is a good boxer. His rec shows hes kod by a journeyman. Mt & tkd, maybe. . We all saw chael, the better boxer, outstrike him. Until AS fights a good striker, i dont consider him great.
1/13/13 10:49 PM
RTARDO

Someone like manhoef would storm him imo. Lombard maybe would do well. Larkin would be beat. Theres plenty strikers out there as good as or better strikers. None are judo bb like silva...hed take then down. Hes the goat mw for a reason.
1/13/13 10:59 PM
RTARDO

Looking thru his fights ....the ufc really doctored his record. Hes got like 9 pro noncom loses in brazil in the 90s. Every wrestler he fought beat him until big nog got him straightened out (he was gonna retire cuz he kept losing)..did ufc fudge the #s cuzthey couldnt have a goat w/ 10 or so loses?
1/13/13 11:07 PM
RTARDO

His mt rec is great tho! But they were local brazillian fighters. . Bisbings kickbox rec is impeccable, too. & he fought interntnal comp. He was top 15 best kbers in the world in 03, #1 english kber. Damn..with his wrestling and technically superior kbing, i SOO want to see them fight! Biz can win!
1/13/13 11:25 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RTARDO - His mt rec is great tho! But they were local brazillian fighters. . Bisbings kickbox rec is impeccable, too. & he fought interntnal comp. He was top 15 best kbers in the world in 03, #1 english kber. Damn..with his wrestling and technically superior kbing, i SOO want to see them fight! Biz can win!
How can you say Hendo is no good, then pump up Bisping?

Hendo knocked him out standing???? Phone Post
1/14/13 1:45 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

NoNameBias - Greatness is about beating all styles. Once upon a time thee was a little fat fella. He beat world champions in JJ, judo, 2 x k-1 champs, wrestlers, 400 pounders, you name it.

That my friend is a champion :-)

How will Anderson be remembered?

I almost fell for it, but once you referenced HMC it became clear you were trolling.

I'm not even gonna say the F word because I know nuthuggers will start popping out of nowhere trying to convince me about how formidable Matt Lindland was at the time lol.

But seriously, just stop.
1/14/13 2:01 AM
orcus

RTARDO - Looking thru his fights ....the ufc really doctored his record. Hes got like 9 pro noncom loses in brazil in the 90s. Every wrestler he fought beat him until big nog got him straightened out (he was gonna retire cuz he kept losing)..did ufc fudge the #s cuzthey couldnt have a goat w/ 10 or so loses?

Are you thinking of someone else?

1/14/13 3:03 AM
BackAndLeft
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/14/13 3:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjRRmP4NYDQ
1/14/13 3:10 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Bomber - 
RTARDO - His mt rec is great tho! But they were local brazillian fighters. . Bisbings kickbox rec is impeccable, too. & he fought interntnal comp. He was top 15 best kbers in the world in 03, #1 english kber. Damn..with his wrestling and technically superior kbing, i SOO want to see them fight! Biz can win!
How can you say Hendo is no good, then pump up Bisping?

Hendo knocked him out standing???? Phone Post

13'ers gonna 13

1/14/13 6:25 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife

BackAndLeft - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjRRmP4NYDQ

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.