UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> TKMT instructor a complete fraud

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/22/13 2:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orbit
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 24-0 in BBW squirt fights
2/22/13 3:08 AM
orbit
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is a complete fraud if he is claiming to be something he is not, especially if it's advertised to get people to pay money to learn from him.
2/22/13 3:43 AM
Mark Bocek
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of frauds out there... Phone Post
2/22/13 3:11 PM
Mark Stables
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warren lee has no credentials either lol
The one true thing is the guy is from Thailand.
Other than that he is a complete fraud.
2/22/13 5:20 PM
ninjaofhate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya Warren is a kru under Suchart. Lots of decent instructors out there that dont have a collection of belts, high level fights, or pro champions. As for Amnat he likely doesn't have a fantastic record, however good luck finding records of any thai fights 15-20 years ago in Thailand. Lots of fighters over there have fought 90 fights even the tuk tuk drivers, it doesn't mean they are top of the food chain. I wouldn't call him a fraud, he's just not top level. That being said he had dedicated his life to Muay Thai and muay Boran. Phone Post
2/23/13 12:54 AM
Mark Stables
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warren is not a kru and has maybe had one amateur fight in his life. And if amnat "likely doesn't have a fantastic record " why does Tkmt lie about his credentials and boast a 90% win rate?
2/23/13 2:50 AM
orbit

Mark Stables - Warren is not a kru and has maybe had one amateur fight in his life. And if amnat "likely doesn't have a fantastic record " why does Tkmt lie about his credentials and boast a 90% win rate?

Exactly my point. I wouldn't give my money to someone who was claiming to be something they are not when there are tons of good schools and instructors out there.
I don't care how good his record is, it's the fact that he lied about his record. False advertising
2/23/13 2:48 PM
ninjaofhate

Yes his record is definitely exaggerated but he isn't claiming to be a trainer of world champions. He just teaches traditional muay Boran and Muay Thai to more recreational Muay Thai practitioners. There are definitely much worse Muay Thai trainers in the GTA. Nothing to make a big deal about. Phone Post
2/23/13 2:50 PM
ninjaofhate

And I was to understand Warren had trained under Suchart years and years ago and was a kru, but I could be mistaken. I myself am a kru under Suchart and see him often when I am at events. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:10 PM
ninjaofhate

I am not in here to run down other gyms in the GTA. That being said, there are alot of gyms with MMA focus that have questionable Muay Thai programs. With that in mind the level of MT in Ontario is pretty darn high relative to alot of places especially the US. Phone Post
2/24/13 7:09 PM
Mark Stables

ninjaofhate -  Yes his record is definitely exaggerated but he isn't claiming to be a trainer of world champions. He just teaches traditional muay Boran and Muay Thai to more recreational Muay Thai practitioners. There are definitely much worse Muay Thai trainers in the GTA. Nothing to make a big deal about. Phone Post

ummm Yes my point is exactly that his claims are grossly misleading making him ----a FRAUD. Warren trained under Suchart years ago but he is nowhere close to the level of KRU.
Warren Started TKMT in My gym when he was my Student so I know exactly what he is and isn't. As far as other gyms in the GTA , That is not what this thread is about. It is simply about a gym that is purposely misleading people.
2/26/13 7:08 PM
ninjaofhate

Fair enough Mark, like I said that was my understanding about Warren- you certainly have the inside track so I am not arguing. That being said, maybe it was not even Amnat who wrote that on his bio. Maybe this is something that should be addressed to Warren or whomever created the content on the website. Phone Post
2/27/13 8:42 AM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does warren claim to be a kru?
2/27/13 11:13 AM
JonKellett
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never heard him claim that, nor has he ever asked me to call him that. He has, however, shown himself to be an excellent coach and teacher to me personally. I know a lot of guys with lengthy fight records/credentials who are horrible teachers and even worse business men. In a community that is filled with skilled instructors not taking the business end seriously, I admire Warren's success in growing the TMKT brand. I can't speak to the other guy's embellished credentials but, yes, obviously that is an issue.
9/15/14 11:10 AM
rigel8

Im glad i had the pleasure of reading this. There are many people who mislead students with their supposed credentials. After seeing the video i would concur the Ajahn skills looks poor...especially against a junior practitioner..I know an Ajahn in Thailand who at 53 would have that student on his ass so fast...caught the kick and swept him over and over...I commend Mark on his courage to question this mans validity and no school should be allowed to prosper on exaggerated credentials. Muay thai is no like Kung fu where one can exaggerate...the techniques are simple but that being said deceptively simple... I dont know what warren Lee is like and i dont care...im happy with my Kru after studying with others ive found the most talented and skilled Kru but thats through experience...the hardcore practitioners with see this for what it is...or not...Muay Boran is a great art but i didnt see any advanced skill from this Ajahn...but i would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and would be good if he or someone from TKMT would say something..
9/15/14 11:22 AM
rigel8

the only other Ajahn I know of his Suchart who has produced many top tier fighters and may be the only Ajan who lives fulltime in Ontario..Anyone can be a Kru it seems or start a Muay Thai gym...the proof is in the pudding as they say...and not in demonstrating...however that being said I have no desire to fight amateur or professionally...Im simply too old..i have studied Kung Fu (Black Sash, Hung Gar), Capoeira, and Karate, and BJJ...i've tested my skill when I was mugged twice and once assaulted with a knife...Im confident but have lots to learn. I would never say I had 5 fights if I didnt...but I also dont have a business to run or overhead... Being kind and patient doesnt help someone on the street Im sorry to say..because the street is a very dangerous and scary place and unpredictable and very violent. fortunately we dont have to practice Martial Arts to survive and thanks to the Gracies for dispelling all the baloney of other martial Arts...20 years ago no one would dare question anything...the days of bamboozling are no more..what a relief..
9/15/14 11:24 AM
rigel8

P.S. I know this is an old thread
2/28/15 4:18 AM
insomnia

Had a chance to visit this gym few weeks back and remembered this post.

This amnat guy is still teaching there. Muay thai has pretty basic fundamentals so its easy to look like a decent instructor even if you do the bare minimum. But then he showed retarded kick which I have literally never seen. Raise your your leg in a blocking/check position. Then you throw the swing kick from there. That's right. Its suppose to be a body kick. How you generate any force, I do not know. Jesus christ, that was the biggest tell that this guy has perhaps never fought at all. 

I also watched him teach clinching. He doesn't seem to know clinch techniques very well, judging by his yanking technique which relies on brute force. Nope, he didn't mention anything about foot positioning, push/pull or any details.

The gym was chock full of mostly beginners obviously, throwing 200 kicks and doing ridiculous plyo workouts (run across the mat, throw 1-2 1-2, sprawl, 2 kicks, lunge, 2 kicks). This goes on for 2 hours. Cause thats what real muay thai is.

If I had to quantify his skill level into something like a belt rank, he'd be white belt. At least he had a decent kick.

Lastly, there's something to be said about exploiting students to teach classes to save money (they get free membership for teaching I guess). Every class was taught by students who have never fought before. Beginners teaching beginners. This should not be. The ethics behind the TKMT franchise leave a lot to be questioned.

2/28/15 7:39 PM
hjr2
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's another guy in the East End who calls himself Ajahn. "Sam Lumpini". Phone Post 3.0
2/28/15 10:32 PM
insomnia

Edited: 02/28/15 10:32 PM

hjr2 - There's another guy in the East End who calls himself Ajahn. "Sam Lumpini". Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit wtf.

http://www.samlumpini.com/index.html

Actually his other grappling videos aren't too bad. His muay thai is okay. But calling yourself "Sam Lumpini"....

3/4/15 1:28 PM
hjr2
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also a master of Savate, Krav Maga. His technique in the videos is questionable. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/15 2:14 PM
BubblesNS

Yeah a record like 35/17 looks more legit. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/15 12:33 PM
orbit

I'm pretty sure this girl cut my hair once.

https://youtu.be/p05E4mBMk-g

Well made video and no Warren sightings, maybe they cleaned house?
4/10/15 11:26 PM
Ericdaluka

ninjaofhate -  Ya Warren is a kru under Suchart. Lots of decent instructors out there that dont have a collection of belts, high level fights, or pro champions. As for Amnat he likely doesn't have a fantastic record, however good luck finding records of any thai fights 15-20 years ago in Thailand. Lots of fighters over there have fought 90 fights even the tuk tuk drivers, it doesn't mean they are top of the food chain. I wouldn't call him a fraud, he's just not top level. That being said he had dedicated his life to Muay Thai and muay Boran. Phone Post

Kru is a western thing, no trainers are referred to as Kru in Thailand ever at any point. This is a system adopted by westerners similar to that of Karate. OFcourse you should show respect to your trainer but this is just not reality. This is not my opinion go to Thailand and anyone can see this.

TKMT is not a gym to be taken seriously, everyone knows it. Its a fitness factory. and a place to go and meet hot girls.

Amnat is there for 1 reason and 1 reason only, he is the "token thai guy" he is there to make the "muay thai" gym look legitimate, that is the only reason. ITs marketing "our gym has a real thai trainer". It just to get new members in the door. He is from thailand, does he have fights, very doubtful. He knows almost no techniques and can't really teach you anything. Go train under him and then go to thailand and see what the trainers tell you about what he has taught. He essentially has no connection to thailand other then being thai, no gyms no fighters no coaches.

Its not hard to judge after training at the gym. Ajhan Suchart is 100% legitimate, go and train under him he can break down every situation in muay thai, why you do this why you do that and HOW you do. If you were to go and check a kick from then to kick off the check thai trainers would just laugh at you.

Regardless, the goal os this gym is definitely not to teach real muay thai or build any sort of skills. Its just a quick turnaround for the owners to get paid. A student will train for a month and become an instructor as mentioned already by someone else in this thread.

It is what it is and you can't really be angry at management for trying to get paid, it is a business first absolutely. But you can be little upset with the misrepresentation of their teaching staff.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.