UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt vs. Saffiedine

1/13/13 4:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_nightkap
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - Tarec looked great, Nate looked like he didn't take his opponent very seriously in my opinion.
This
I wanna see Tarrec fight a guy like Nick Diaz, jake shields, or maybe even Dan Hardy. I know those are some big names.....I just wanna see it dammit!!
lol Phone Post
1/13/13 4:28 AM
Tommy DeVito
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right Hand JO Power - 
Malachy Friedman - still have nate ahead

he'll have to tko with the leg kick

LMAO!

1/13/13 4:36 AM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This result *really* surprised me. Was shocked at Nate's complete inability to check those leg kicks. He managed to what, check like 2 kicks out of how many dozens??

How can a vet like Nate, who was thought by almost all to have very high level striking, be so terrible at checking kicks?

Props to Tarec - a lot of those kicks were perfectly timed, and set up well. But Nate should have been able to give a better performance than THAT. He looked awful.

He also looked weaker than before - maybe not being on TRT anymore has really hurt his power. He was getting handled or reversed in the clinch/held against the cage a lot by Tarec.

I would have figured Nate would easily be able to take Tarec down, because Nate had like a 75% success rate on takedowns when he was in the UFC, which was among the highest ever. But his takedown attempts against Tarec looked extremely ineffective.

And alas for Nate, winning here was probably his only shot at getting back to the UFC, after they were so pissed with him before. I don't think they'll sign him after a fight in which he got beaten up so bad.

Post-TRT Nate really does look to be shrinking...the announcers claimed he only cut 7 pounds, if I remember right...? That's crazy since Nate was once one of the hugest 185 pounders.
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Lol people actually had Nate winning hear?

Yeah, I only had Nate winning 1 round. You could maybe give him the first two rounds because they were close. But I have no idea how anyone could score this fight for Nate. 48-47 Tarec at worst.
1/13/13 4:39 AM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 - Was this a great performance by Tarec or a shit performance by Marquardt? I guess what I'm asking is if Tarec has any chance of being a top 5-7 guy in UFC?

I am wondering the exact same thing. I figured Nate would be top 5 at 170 easily. But he got handled in this fight. And it wasn't like some flash KO or something, he just got straight outclassed.

I have no idea whether that means Tarec is actually an elite WW though, or if non-TRT Nate is simply not that great, or maybe he just totally overlooked Tarec and barely trained. Really don't know what to make of this fight.
1/13/13 6:13 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Nate off TRT?

That might explain his performance and lack of explosiveness.
1/13/13 6:59 AM
BertR
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

impressed with saffiedine. Wished he would have ended it by making nate submit to leg kicks though.
1/13/13 7:40 AM
BruceLeroysLowKick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DFW will sign Nate to the UFC regardless of this fight Phone Post
1/13/13 8:41 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Tarec impressed me. Overall a very solid performance by him.
1/13/13 8:49 AM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate chokes again... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.