UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Mousasi ready for the UFC?

1/13/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sincitydc
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you guys think? His record looks nice with some pretty good wins but I'm not too sure how he will fair with guys in the UFC. Phone Post
1/13/13 12:18 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll probably struggle with wrestlers but he won't get any more ready. He doesn't have to win a belt to fit in in the UFC, I think he will do fine. Phone Post
1/13/13 12:21 AM
sincitydc
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems a little on the small side for 205. I don't know what it is, but I'm not quite sold on the guy yet. I am interested to see who's next for him. Phone Post
1/13/13 12:22 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was getting tagged standing, once it went to the ground he took over but Kyle was tagging him on the feet.

I'm glad he will finally be in the UFC but I dont see him ever getting close to the title.

But he will be a good addition to the LHW div along with Feijao.

Cant wait to see some new blood in the UFC.

DC and hopefully Barnett
Feijao and Mousasi
Jacare, Luke, Tim, larkin
Tarec, Tyron and Nate
Gilbert, Punk, Healy, Masvidal, Couture and possibly KJ

1/13/13 12:25 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think so, but as said above, he was getting tagged on the feet. Nothing too major, but let Machida or Shogun land shots like that and it might be a bad thing.

That said, Mousasi is a beast and definately deserves to be there with the UFC LHW div. contenders. Phone Post
1/13/13 12:27 AM
Ghengiseanie

And you guys missed roger Gracie. I'd like to see John bones jones shake off a Gracie arm bar. Phone Post
1/13/13 12:27 AM
roperninja
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post
1/13/13 12:45 AM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger's fought MMA at 205lb.
1/13/13 12:46 AM
Shinsplint
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prior to the last couple fights he fought at 205. If you think he couldn't get Jones to the ground you don't know Hoger.

1/13/13 12:48 AM
Chris27

Couture just won and his last name gets him a UFC shot and KJ was robbed and comes to fight so he probably will get a shot in the UFC on a Fuel show or a prelim vs a mid level LW.

Couture is guaranteed a spot in the UFC because he won, his last name and the fact Randy works doing the FOx shows so he is still involved with the UFC.

So what makes you think they wouldnt give his son a fight in the UFC?

KJ because he lost might be left out but since most thought he won he probably will get a shot.

1/13/13 1:35 AM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't think so Phone Post
1/13/13 2:35 AM
darkness66
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi could probably cut down to 175 but he fights at his natural weight which is why he looks small. His demeanor makes him seem timid but he always brings it. He's definitely ready but after seeing him get blanketed by king no I'd have to say he won't go far in the ufc Phone Post
1/13/13 3:05 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I don't recall Kyle even landing a punch. I do however recall Kyle looking massive compared to Mousasi. If Mike can make 205, then Gegard can make fucking 170. Phone Post
1/13/13 3:11 AM
MVSTERCHIEF

GableGrip -
Ghengiseanie -  And you guys missed roger Gracie. I'd like to see John bones jones shake off a Gracie arm bar. Phone Post

He has about as much of a chance getting bones on the ground as you getting weight classes correct.

He fights 185 not 205 genius
Yeah, Ima huge jiu jitsu fan butttt I think Jones would handle Hoger standing. Phone Post
1/13/13 3:13 AM
MVSTERCHIEF

Sal Penis - That first leg kick Mousasi threw at Kyles leg was fucking brutal. My COD!!! Phone Post
It was a pretty solid, sharp, painfull filled kick. Phone Post
1/13/13 3:14 AM
Masturbasian

yep.

solid
Sharp
painfull
1/13/13 4:40 AM
markiz

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  I don't recall Kyle even landing a punch. I do however recall Kyle looking massive compared to Mousasi. If Mike can make 205, then Gegard can make fucking 170. Phone Post

Mousasi said he walks around 210 or so. So yea, he's very small LHW. He's somewhat Machida-size.

As for the "tagging" - lol. Mousasi won a fight against K-1 Champ, got hit by some serious shots in that fight and he walked straight through it. So much for Kyle "tagging him".

He's got some serious chin on him.
1/13/13 12:04 PM
Lobo8

Edited: 01/13/13 12:04 PM
Mousasi ran right through kyle. Dont know what some of you guys where watching. He will be a top 5 fighter in either lhw and mw but he is much better at mw. I think The reason he lost both of those recent fights is he didnt give enough respect the takedown, he himself said that the problem was never the tdd it was that he was too willing to fight off his back.I think it might have something to do with he love of using upkicks from the floor, he has some of the best in the bussiness. Obviously this was recipe for disaster since the judges give take downs a lot of weight in judging. Either way he beat up king mo and jardine up. He definetly should have won the jardine fight, the mo fight he lost but in my opinion it came down to more of a strategy issue. If he continues to train serious like he did this fight, and shows some more respect in stuffing the takedown he should do very well.
1/13/13 12:12 PM
Gullivers Travels
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he'll go 2-2 in his first 4 fights, assuming he gets that many and isn't fed scrubs.
1/13/13 12:15 PM
Delorian
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gegard will mop the floor with a number of UFC 205'ers.  That man is going to wear UFC gold and become undeniably one of the GOAT light-heavyweights of MMA.  

Fan since 2006, never letting go!

@mousasi_mma < -- account currently suspended because of fucktard Twitter admins, but it's his LEGIT Twitter.  Stay tuned and make sure to follow him! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.