UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Big John McCarthy make

1/13/13 1:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mean machine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does BJM make up his own rules ? I have never heard of a rule that says that a fighters fingers have to be closed . It seems like BJM likes to talk a lot just to draw attention to himself .I've heard him say a lot of weird stuff over the years that didn't make sense .
1/13/13 1:18 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't remember if it was him or Dan mirgiliota but when jones fought belfort, they yelled at jones about his fingers Phone Post
1/13/13 1:21 AM
thegreatone287
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

isn't it usually only directed to the fighter if there pawing at the opponent. Phone Post
1/13/13 1:25 AM
ausgepicht

Well, I think he was concerned about eye pokes. 

1/13/13 1:26 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Totally changed the outcome of the fight imro Phone Post
1/13/13 1:28 AM
sincitydc
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_FawkingxD - Can't remember if it was him or Dan mirgiliota but when jones fought belfort, they yelled at jones about his fingers Phone Post
It was Big John. I remember in that fight when Belfort threw the kick while jones was crawling towards him he goes "you're playing the game" or something like that. Phone Post
1/13/13 2:11 AM
Vinnie G
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sincitydc - 
KZTT_FawkingxD - Can't remember if it was him or Dan mirgiliota but when jones fought belfort, they yelled at jones about his fingers Phone Post
It was Big John. I remember in that fight when Belfort threw the kick while jones was crawling towards him he goes "you're playing the game" or something like that. Phone Post

Herb Dean said it to Paul Buentello, but close!
1/13/13 2:12 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 

Well, I think he was concerned about eye pokes. 

This, he's just trying to prevent eye pokes.

1/13/13 2:15 AM
12SixElbow
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is the ref, he is in charge of the fight.

If you're doing something that is in a gray area and could lead to fouls, they're going to call you on it.

1/13/13 2:21 AM
32Hunter

didn't he help write the actual rules?
1/13/13 2:24 AM
mean machine

So it is a rule now ? They can use closed gloves now, because BJM says its a rule while hes in charge ? Its just weird how a ref tells fighters how to fight. It wasnt like he was poking him in the eyes . His arm was extended as was his fingers .
1/13/13 2:24 AM
Andersons_Chin
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinnie G -
sincitydc - 

Herb Dean said it to Paul Buentello, but close!
Both actually. Phone Post
1/13/13 2:27 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't fucking stand him, he tries to make himself part of the fight. Way overrated in terms of a good referee Phone Post
1/13/13 2:28 AM
SonofJockstrap
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

He is the ref, he is in charge of the fight.

If you're doing something that is in a gray area and could lead to fouls, they're going to call you on it.

This.

1/13/13 3:30 AM
Dirk Bevlin
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My question is why does anyone guage distance with their fingers out anyway?

What good does it do except hopefully "accidentally" poke your opponent in the eye?

If it's not illegal, it should be. Phone Post
1/13/13 7:56 AM
Non N00B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to open palm strike somebody, you should be able to. You shouldnt have to actually have your hands closed at all times, that's retarded, and this is the first fight I have ever seen it mentioned. There is an obvious difference between trying to eye poke, and having your hands open for other reasons.
1/13/13 7:56 AM
Kirik
1400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

BJM was well within the rules in his direction. The giy literally wrote the book on the rules in MMA.

1/13/13 8:02 AM
Stea1th

there is 0 reason to "check distance" with using open fingers. It's dangerous and we've seen a LOT of people be poked in the eye because of it.

1/13/13 8:06 AM
Kimbos Bread
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Can't fucking stand him, he tries to make himself part of the fight. Way overrated in terms of a good referee Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/13/13 8:25 AM
Lurkdaddy316
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th - there is 0 reason to "check distance" with using open fingers. It's dangerous and we've seen a LOT of people be poked in the eye because of it.

1/13/13 8:57 AM
Dogman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/13/13 8:57 AM
"Can't fucking stand him, he tries to make himself part of the fight. Way overrated in terms of a good referee"

This is what I think about BJM
1/13/13 9:08 AM
illini89i
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightToLive - He is a dickhead also!
Are you kidding me? One of the nicest most approachable guys you'll ever meet. This thread is full of idiots. Phone Post
1/13/13 9:09 AM
illini89i
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

BJM was well within the rules in his direction. The giy literally wrote the book on the rules in MMA.

Exactly, BJM, along with New Jersey director Larry Hazzard wrote the "unified rules" as we know them. Phone Post
1/13/13 9:11 AM
Pride Wanderlei

I think it kind of makes sense? Do you really want a fight to end on an eye poke Phone Post
1/13/13 9:19 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would he do this in a Machida fight? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.