UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Big John McCarthy make

1/27/13 8:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -
Dirk Bevlin - 
Big John got on to Lamas for open finger range gauging.

Sounds like Rogan agrees, said something like "that's something we really need to do something about."

It looked like Koch took a little bit of a poke, he rubbed at his right eye for a second but shook it off.

And Big John did it PRIOR to having a finger-poke and an early stoppage due to flagrant foul and subsequent injury. He properly warned the fighter that was perilously close to committing a foul.
No shit, Shawn. If you'd read the thread before spouting off you'd know that we've moved on from Big John to the idea that gauging range with outstretched fingers SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

**This thread is full of morons. You faggots make me ashamed to be a part of this forum. BJM literally wrote the rules for MMA. Get a fucking clue**
- Tom O'Bj

You too, Tom. Calm down and READ THE THREAD. I'm on your side! Phone Post
1/27/13 8:22 PM
illini89i
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 -
Tom O'BJPenn=Legend - This thread is full of morons. You faggots make me ashamed to be a part of this forum. BJM literally wrote the rules for MMA. Get a fucking clue. Phone Post
He literally wrote them. So he sat down with a pen and paper and decided himself what should be allowed to go on. The athletic commission and the ufc had no say in the subject. Not even the other refs helped it was just him deciding.

I think your mom fell down a flight of stairs while pregnant man Phone Post
Yes, he did. Did you not read this thread? BJM and Larry Hazaard. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:30 PM
jasonhightower
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O'BJPenn=Legend -  This thread is full of morons. You faggots make me ashamed to be a part of this forum. BJM literally wrote the rules for MMA. Get a fucking clue. Phone Post

I am assuming you are talking to everyone who's posted legitimate questions on here... so with that said, you're a fucking prick.  To come in here and criticize those with a lack of knowledge on who actually wrote the rules means nothing because they aren't universally enforced.  

I can count on two fingers how many times I've seen a fighter openly warned about open hands in the past year.  I agree that BJM is the best, but you sir can suck a dick.

Have a nice evening.

1/27/13 9:15 PM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -
Dirk Bevlin - 

Sounds like Rogan agrees, said something like "that's something we really need to do something about."

It looked like Koch took a little bit of a poke, he rubbed at his right eye for a second but shook it off.

And Big John did it PRIOR to having a finger-poke and an early stoppage due to flagrant foul and subsequent injury. He properly warned the fighter that was perilously close to committing a foul.
I may owe you an apology. I just reread this and I think you may have been in agreement with the thrust of my post and were expanding upon it.

It can be really hard to interpret tone in these threads sometimes, especially when controversial topics arise.

Sorry, ShawnTheBadger. Phone Post
1/28/13 5:49 PM
ShawnTheBadger
424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk Bevlin - 
ShawnTheBadger -
Dirk Bevlin - 

I may owe you an apology. I just reread this and I think you may have been in agreement with the thrust of my post and were expanding upon it.

It can be really hard to interpret tone in these threads sometimes, especially when controversial topics arise.

Sorry, ShawnTheBadger. Phone Post

Apology unnecessary but accepted. No harm, no...ahem...foul. ;)

Yes, I was agreeing with you kind sir.

I was arguing earlier about whether Big John should keep quiet until after an actual foul occurs. It is crazy for Big John (any ref) to keep quiet when he sees something that is getting perilously close to a foul. Especially considering the possible repercussions from an eye poke. I *think* most fighters would rather take an illegal shot to the nuts or the back of the head than an eye poke.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.