UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Way to f*** the night up.

1/13/13 4:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great card, from top to bottom, and then we have Marquardt and Saffiedine fuck it all up.

The one fight that I thought was going to have everyone on the edge of their seats was lackluster and mediocre, at best. First round had me going, but soon after, I found myself going through the guide to see what to watch after the fight was over. I love watching both those guys fight, but that could have been way better.

It was a great, final Strikeforce card, but it ended with a bleh fight.

1/13/13 5:06 AM
war wand
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah well it was supposed to be a show case fight for nate, but sometimes the party gets spoiled.
1/13/13 5:07 AM
Iwreastledabearonce
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate blew it big time Phone Post
1/13/13 5:14 AM
yellow wrkahlc

God damn it, Marquardt, you're like Paul Daley: you fuck up in the UFC, then blow your second chance in Strikeforce.

Make no mistake, he's coming back to the UFC, but his momentum is shot. I wouldn't be surprised if they match him up with Rick Story to make up for 2011's incident.

1/13/13 7:10 AM
TheMessiah

war wand - Yeah well it was supposed to be a show case fight for nate, but sometimes the party gets spoiled.
Yep.. Leg reminded me of Fabers Phone Post
1/13/13 7:12 AM
Gene Pitney

yellow wrkahlc - 

God damn it, Marquardt, you're like Paul Daley: you fuck up in the UFC, then blow your second chance in Strikeforce.

Make no mistake, he's coming back to the UFC, but his momentum is shot. I wouldn't be surprised if they match him up with Rick Story to make up for 2011's incident.

haha that would be great if they matched them up after all
1/13/13 7:54 AM
rbl
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit I agree with CRE. Saffedeine fought a very smart fight, great Muay Thai and a well executed strategy. Phone Post
1/13/13 8:20 AM
Jill Laz

CREamed_by_DongJ - Marquardt is a guy who has FINISHED Jeremy Horn, Martin Kampmann, Kazuo Misaki, Demian Maia, Rousimar Palhares, Wilson Gouveia and Tyron Woodley.

Saffedeine picked him apart technically in every aspect of the game, do you know how impressive it is to do that to a guy like Marquardt?

Nate is a guy that many believed would give Anderson Silva an asswooping, he's an OG veteran with every tool in the box, a win for Saffedeine was truly life changing.

The Main Event sucked if you didn't really understand who Nate Marquardt is, it takes years of really watching MMA to actually appreciate how great of a talent a Marquardt is and just how big a win over him is.
Well put..I felt the same way when people boo'd the fly weight fight. It has gotten so that if a fighter doesn't bloody his opponent or just ground and pound people think it sucked those folks need WWE Phone Post
1/13/13 8:31 AM
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE is spot on. You call Saffedeine's performance "bleh"? Completely outclassing and nearly destroying the leg of a perennial top level fighter like Marquardt is nothing but impressive. He certainly didn't fuck my night up. When was the last time you saw Nate get battered like that?

Terec defied big odds and dismantled a veteran who was supposed to immediately jump into the top echelon of the UFC WW division and possibly vie for a title. If you couldn't appreciate Saffedeine's performance then I don't know what to tell you. Phone Post
1/13/13 8:32 AM
Michael Kn1ght

CREamed_by_DongJ -

Did you expect a finish OP?

Because Anderson Silva is the only guy to finish Nate Marquardt since Almeida choked him in 2003......

The only other guy to finish Marquardt other than those two is Genki Sudo in 1999.  2 submission losses and 1 TKO loss in how many fights and years of fighting? 40+ fights and 14 years of a career.

Saffeideine destroyed him, it was really impressive.

Calm down. Phone Post
1/13/13 8:48 AM
UGCTT_ATLien
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like yellow, but I couldn't disagree more.

And I think I just read Cre's all time best series of posts.

Did I just wake up in bizarro world?
1/13/13 8:52 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

Great card, from top to bottom, and then we have Marquardt and Saffiedine fuck it all up.

The one fight that I thought was going to have everyone on the edge of their seats was lackluster and mediocre, at best. First round had me going, but soon after, I found myself going through the guide to see what to watch after the fight was over. I love watching both those guys fight, but that could have been way better.

It was a great, final Strikeforce card, but it ended with a bleh fight.

I thought it was a great fight... But that's cause I had $$$ on Saffiedine!! Weee Phone Post
1/13/13 9:22 AM
GarlicSauce

Pic of extremely cute girl in OP makes thread better than originally is. thx
1/13/13 9:41 AM
yellow's Overseer
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ -

I like the OP too btw :( I just really enjoyed the main event, his post says that the main event fucked the night up.

I genuinely felt that the main event saved the event for me, it was what I got the most satisfaction watching. I just get the feeling if the OP had been kicked before he would understand how brutal and dominating of a win that for Taric. At a certain point in round 4 the beating that Marquardt was taking became very savage.

The amount of sustained punishment that Saffedeine dealt out was ridiculous, because those kicks take a lot of energy too.

Exactly. Getting kicked in the leg ONCE is enough to make most people crumble.
Nate endured 5 freaking rounds of it.

The whole fight blew my mind, to be perfectly honest. Phone Post
1/13/13 10:06 AM
Son of Neckbone
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a good fight, but didn't exactly have me on the edge of my couch.
1/13/13 10:06 AM
ortman166

CREamed_by_DongJ -

Did you expect a finish OP?

Because Anderson Silva is the only guy to finish Nate Marquardt since Almeida choked him in 2003......

The only other guy to finish Marquardt other than those two is Genki Sudo in 1999.  2 submission losses and 1 TKO loss in how many fights and years of fighting? 40+ fights and 14 years of a career.

Saffeideine destroyed him, it was really impressive.

This, cre put down the trolling and laid down the truth to op. Phone Post
1/13/13 10:31 AM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE is correct. 

1/13/13 11:11 AM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to watch the fight now Phone Post
1/13/13 11:15 AM
Im gonna Barboza you
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - Marquardt is a guy who has FINISHED Jeremy Horn, Martin Kampmann, Kazuo Misaki, Demian Maia, Rousimar Palhares, Wilson Gouveia and Tyron Woodley.

Saffedeine picked him apart technically in every aspect of the game, do you know how impressive it is to do that to a guy like Marquardt?

Nate is a guy that many believed would give Anderson Silva an asswooping, he's an OG veteran with every tool in the box, a win for Saffedeine was truly life changing.

The Main Event sucked if you didn't really understand who Nate Marquardt is, it takes years of really watching MMA to actually appreciate how great of a talent a Marquardt is and just how big a win over him is.
I agree. Saffedeine did great against nate. I wasn't too shocked by it tho cause saffedeine always showed good standup but he would always get wrestled. I was more impressed with his tdd. Cant wait to see both in the ufc Phone Post
1/13/13 11:26 AM
panic686
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best CRE posts I have ever read
1/13/13 11:35 AM
SoccerkickrevivaL
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy Gus said "HOLY SHIT!" When he saw Nate's leg. Brutal. Phone Post
1/13/13 1:06 PM
40oztofreedom
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Yellow. I'd say it's more of a case when fighters are built up by the media to sell a fight, people lose touch with reality. All this UFC talk about Nate coming into the top of the division and being a new threat to GSP. Plus Nate's last showcasing finish. It's not hard to assume he'd roll through Tarec and finish him. I think thats where the disappointment set in, when all these false expectations were exposed to reality. Not necessarily that Nate was boring, but that he didn't showcase what the built up media was expecting him to. Phone Post
1/13/13 1:20 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was the most impressive and the most important win of the night. It wasn't "mediocre" or "lackluster" at all, it wasn't FOTY but it was an excellent performance by an up and comer. Every MMA fan should be excited to see if/how this impacts the UFC WW division.
1/13/13 1:21 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - Marquardt is a guy who has FINISHED Jeremy Horn, Martin Kampmann, Kazuo Misaki, Demian Maia, Rousimar Palhares, Wilson Gouveia and Tyron Woodley.

Damn, CRE...VTFU.
1/13/13 1:23 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge win for Tarec. The guy deserves the chance to fight in the UFC.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.