UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Masters In Accounting worth it?

1/13/13 11:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
darkmerlin
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I'm 27 years old. My bachelors was in Criminal Justice but i'm working in an unrelated field (and poorly paid at that).

Was thinking of going back to school and getting a masters in something that fits my personality, is a clean job with good pay and in demand....accounting fits all of those requirements.

And going for a CPA eventually

Was thinking is it a big deal to employers if I had no prior experience and my bachelors was in something unrelated (although I did financial crime classes in undergrad)?

I'm willing to work my way up and get experience but hoping for more than 10/hour once I have a MSA know what i'm sayin

I was also looking at MBA programs but not sure, i'm not really interested in administration and dont really want to start my own business

thanks for any feedback
1/13/13 11:51 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MBAs are for chumps. Go for a WFA. Phone Post
1/13/13 11:51 AM
SupesUp
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CPA is a good job, not as good as a WFA though. Phone Post
1/13/13 11:52 AM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have my wfa and I gotta agree that's the way to go Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.