UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Missed the fight.. Tarec good or Nate bad?

1/13/13 1:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NaciVela
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't get a chance to catch the fight, but waking up and hearing Nate was beaten soundly was pretty surprising. Was Tarec (can't spell his last name) that impressive, or did Nate just not show up? No knock on Tarec of course, just trying to gauge how the fight went.

TY
1/13/13 1:38 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Little of both if you ask me. 

It must have been a tough cut for Nate, he didn't look consistently explosive and definitely tired towards the 3rd round and on.

Having said that, Saffiedine came in with a good gameplan (low kicks) and executed it well.

1/13/13 1:42 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

MachidasStraightLeft - 

Little of both if you ask me. 

It must have been a tough cut for Nate, he didn't look consistently explosive and definitely tired towards the 3rd round and on.

Having said that, Saffiedine came in with a good gameplan (low kicks) and executed it well.

This. Nate is awesome and i've always been a fan, but it seems to be hit or miss with him; either his head is in the fight and he looks AMAZING or it isn't and he's hesitant and unsure of himself. He seemed very hesitant last night.

Tarec however went out there like a man with nothing to lose and he impremented a good gameplan.

Like MSL said; a lil bit of both.

1/13/13 1:46 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tarec was very good on his feet. Very good in the clinch. thats saying something considering Nate looked like he had at least 10 pounds on him.

You could see though why Tarec only had three TKO even though his technique is so good....he was quite the cautious fighter.
1/13/13 1:48 PM
12SixElbow
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tarec's TDD was on par, I don't think Nate expected that.

Nate didn't check a fucking kick all night, unsure why, but it effected his movement.

1/13/13 1:48 PM
greenseed
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shamrock said Nate only had to cut 7 pounds
1/13/13 1:49 PM
Winston Wolf
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

greenseed - Shamrock said Nate only had to cut 7 pounds

Shamrock is wrong
1/13/13 1:54 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Nate didn't check a fucking kick all night, unsure why, but it effected his movement.

This and Tarrc cleared the clinch, where Nate works from effectively. Phone Post
1/13/13 1:59 PM
Delorian
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tarec's defensive wrestling combined with his speedy, technical standup is just a bad matchup for a guy like Nate. Phone Post
1/13/13 2:01 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Nate looked strong powerful and explosive at the beginning and then Tarec leg kicked the shit out of him and slowed him down more and more each round. Phone Post
1/13/13 2:05 PM
greenseed
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
greenseed - Shamrock said Nate only had to cut 7 pounds

Shamrock is wrong

he said Nate told him that. Why do you think he was wrong?
1/13/13 2:16 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Combat Can Happen -  Nate looked strong powerful and explosive at the beginning and then Tarec leg kicked the shit out of him and slowed him down more and more each round. Phone Post

This. He went hard after some of those td, but Tarec was having none of it.
1/13/13 2:20 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

and he didnt switch stances. I couldnt figure out why considering his right leg was nearly crippled. maybe there was an injury going into the fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.