UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Carmouche 'one clever chick'

1/13/13 10:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1056 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On not training with the Diaz brothers for her UFC debut:
We're kind of doing our own thing and renting out a gym and a house up in Big Bear and doing that, we're bringing people in. You know, they got own huge fight coming up. I think one of the reasons why so many MMA fighters get injured is that a lot of people do their fight camps together. Whereas, like boxers, they take their fight camp and center it all around one person. So I'm kind of spoiled like that. I like my own, it's all about me, I want my fight camp to be about me." Ronda joked.

On her upcoming HBO special:
They're following me around and doing a feature, hopefully it'll turn out really, really well. I know that they've been very hesitant to cover MMA in the past, and I hope that this is like them genuinely being interested in wanting to cover it and not them trying to poke fun at us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, them seem to be very, very nice."

On Liz Carmouche being so nice:
She's smart, she's one clever chick, yea, for sure. We had to do staredowns for the promos and stuff and sometimes get in face or something, that hypes me up, and she was very, very much the opposite. I'm still gonna take her and see if her and her girlfriend want to go surfing after the fight, regardless of the outcome."

read entire article...

1/13/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
uniquetechnique
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks
1/13/13 10:23 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honda looking rather TRTall!
1/13/13 11:30 PM
Kings21
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there anyone else that has trained in Big Bear and has had success having their camps there? All I can think of is Tito and I'm uncertain but I think once he started training there he began his decline. Tito is also her manager right? I wonder how long she's going to last as champ.
1/14/13 12:06 AM
Shroom
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL cameraman zoomed in on Honda's tits at 3:08
1/14/13 12:14 AM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/14/13 12:14 AM

Ronda looks like she could play Supergirl in a movie.

Holy apple pie!

1/14/13 12:24 AM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - Is there anyone else that has trained in Big Bear and has had success having their camps there? All I can think of is Tito and I'm uncertain but I think once he started training there he began his decline. Tito is also her manager right? I wonder how long she's going to last as champ.

Tito is Cyborg's manager

1/14/13 12:26 AM
Rabid Bunyip
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is "surfing" code for something? Phone Post
1/14/13 12:34 AM
Kings21
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
Kings21 - Is there anyone else that has trained in Big Bear and has had success having their camps there? All I can think of is Tito and I'm uncertain but I think once he started training there he began his decline. Tito is also her manager right? I wonder how long she's going to last as champ.

Tito is Cyborg's manager

Oh my mistake. TY.
1/14/13 12:47 AM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huh... Funny how Honda echo's dfwjr's exact same opinion on training camps catering to teams as opposed to just on person.

Probably just a cowinkeedink.

1/14/13 2:24 AM
MahatmaPetey
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DojoJay - 

Huh... Funny how Honda echo's dfwjr's exact same opinion on training camps catering to teams as opposed to just on person.

It's a valid point. If you can afford to bring in a great group of trainers/sparring partners to focus 100% on you, why not go for it?
1/14/13 5:56 AM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MahatmaPetey -
DojoJay - 

It's a valid point. If you can afford to bring in a great group of trainers/sparring partners to focus 100% on you, why not go for it?
I think more and more fighters would do this if they could. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.