UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda Rousey criticizes fellow UFC Champ GSP

1/13/13 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XxLiveBaitxX
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_15578.shtml

Ronda Rousey criticizes fellow UFC Champ Georges St-Pierre for frustrating to watch fighting style.

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

New UFC Women's Champion Ronda Rousey has never been one to keep opinions to herself, and in a new interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal, Rousey set her sights on UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre.

"I respect Georges St. Pierre as a businessman and an athlete," Rousey said. "I don't have anything against him personally. But he's not the kind of fighter I like watching. He fights to win matches. He doesn't fight to defeat his opponents."

"I lost a lot of judo matches because of points fighters. It was extremely frustrating for me. And when I see that same style being played out in a different sport, it brings out the same reaction in me."

Rousey also uses St-Pierre to attack one criticism she herself has received, that her looks have gotten her to where she is more than anything.

"Everybody keeps coming up to me and saying, 'Oh, do you think if you didn't look such a way, people would like you so much?'" Rousey stated incredulously. "I'm like, 'Dude, if GSP was butt ugly, you wouldn't want to know who he is so much.'

"I think he lucked out a lot that he's Canadian. I love Canadians. They are the coolest, nicest, most patriotic people, and they will support their countrymen no matter what, and I think that's commendable. But if GSP wasn't really good-looking, and really Canadian, he would be really unknown."

Penick's Analysis: St-Pierre's style hasn't pleased everyone, and he's certainly gotten more risk averse over the years, but he's still the best fighter the welterweight division's ever seen. He's capable of doing more than he's done in the cage as of late, sure, but it's a little much to say he'd be "really unknown" without his looks. There's definitely something to be said for that aspect, as he's been able to be a poster boy and get more exposure than others because of it, but I don't think he'd be "really unknown" otherwise if everything else was identical. Still, it's fair for Rousey to feel the way she does in response to her own critics, and she clearly is one of those who doesn't care for St-Pierre's in-cage stylings.
1/13/13 10:55 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like GSP and dislike Rousey.  I am gonna have a hard time agreeing with her on this one.

1/13/13 10:56 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although I'm Canadian, so she won me over a little with that comment.

1/13/13 10:57 PM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she needs to keep her trap shut. the media attention has fed that ego.

1/13/13 10:58 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

And as a Canadian, I don't think anyone from Canada would call GSP "really Canadian".

1/13/13 10:59 PM
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ohh, she went to a no no place. When she beats half of the amount of guys GSP has, then she can open her yap about that, As much as I love Honda, until I see otherwise (in the cage) she is still a good looking one trick pony with a donated belt.
1/13/13 10:59 PM
Caught_clean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if GSP wasn't Canadian, good looking, possibly the most well rounded MMA fighter on the planet, athletic, unstoppable and nice guy he would have nothing going for him because hasn't had finishes lately. Gotcha Rhonda.
1/13/13 11:00 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look! Someone attempted to write an article about this. Cute. Phone Post
PR
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda is not very smart. Great fighter, and I like her personality, and yes, she's young and supposed to be ignorant... but she's obviously not a genius.
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft - 

And as a Canadian, I don't think anyone from Canada would call GSP "really Canadian".

I forgive her, she ignant about that.

1/13/13 11:02 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

I'd also like to see how much Ronda fights to defeat her opponents when someone stops her trips and forces her to stand and trade, even though that will likely never happen.

1/13/13 11:02 PM
Letibleu

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Letibleu - Ohh, she went to a no no place. When she beats half of the amount of guys GSP has, then she can open her yap about that, As much as I love Honda, until I see otherwise (in the cage) she is still a good looking one trick pony with a donated belt.
Ohnoyoudidnt.gif Phone Post

... and by guys i meant opponents.

1/13/13 11:03 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

talking about gsp = attention

1/13/13 11:05 PM
MARC BULGER

LilBrockonmychest - LOL at GSP being unknown if he weren't Canadian and good looking.
She discounts his work ethic and accomplishments. Phone Post
1/13/13 11:07 PM
Eggbert
476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She just lost me as a fan Phone Post
1/13/13 11:07 PM
Letibleu

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Letibleu -
MachidasStraightLeft - 

Lol, please tell me this isn't really true and that the English-speaking Canadians consider you guys (Letibleu and GSP) Canadians Phone Post

It's complicated.

1/13/13 11:08 PM
joonbuds
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She talks a lot. Phone Post
1/13/13 11:09 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Letibleu -
MachidasStraightLeft - 

Lol, please tell me this isn't really true and that the English-speaking Canadians consider you guys (Letibleu and GSP) Canadians Phone Post

I'm an English-speaking Canadian and I consider French-Canadians equally Canadian, although some don't.  

But it would be very difficult for any French-Canadian to be considered "really Canadian".  The French-Canadian culture is just different.

1/13/13 11:09 PM
2Fort
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She really likes to criticize GSP for some reason, lol.....
1/13/13 11:10 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol she really needs a publicist to let her know when its best to not speak.
1/13/13 11:14 PM
Letibleu

MachidasStraightLeft - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Letibleu -
MachidasStraightLeft - 

I'm an English-speaking Canadian and I consider French-Canadians equally Canadian, although some don't.  

But it would be very difficult for any French-Canadian to be considered "really Canadian".  The French-Canadian culture is just different.

I once got the shit kicked out of me because I spoke English in a bar  in hickville Quebec. I once got kicked out of a bar for speaking French in Prince George. Go figure.

1/13/13 11:15 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

GSP total wins by KO - 8

Rousey total fights - 6

That's all.

1/13/13 11:16 PM
crumbs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP's last fight was very exciting, from condit getting up after the end of a round a bloody mess, to GSP getting rocked, almost turning the fight upside down on a bitchs head, add Joe Rogans enthusiastic play by play and we have one of the best fights of the year.

She obviously has crush on GSP.
1/13/13 11:16 PM
ausgepicht

Love Ronda, but she's wrong on this one.

1/13/13 11:17 PM
in_different
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She sounds like she would hate-fuck gsp wildly. This woman seems to enjoy talking about him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.