UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 159 (Sonnen/Jones) in Jersey, Who's going?

1/18/13 8:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sandmanscomin4u
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there Phone Post
1/18/13 11:03 AM
GregNoActionJackson
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J-Lau, you going to make it? You should Phone Post
1/18/13 1:18 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fsshariq -  IN. I live in jersey city.

There's a hotel in JC by journal square. Literally a 2 minute walk to the path station and 2 stops away from Newark. You get off right by the Prudential center. I can't recall what hotel it is but try looking it up. This may be most convenient and safe lol. Phone Post

Ramada Jersey City

nice to know there are other JC peeps on here

1/18/13 1:30 PM
southweststalker
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I plan on coming up from Maryland for it. 

1/18/13 1:40 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any presale codes available for tix? I'd really appreciate it :) Phone Post
1/18/13 1:46 PM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for specifying the hotel DS.

I'm trying to wee if I can get a hookup thru one of my friends who works for Ticketmaster. Hope it works out but I plan on making it regardless. Phone Post
1/18/13 2:49 PM
saucylv33
769 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pre-sale is Tuesday at 10 am. UFC Password is CHAMPIONSHIP.
1/18/13 4:22 PM
Billyz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to anyone going to the location. All jokes aside Newark is a pretty shitty city, but the venue is great. Saw GSP Vs Hardy there and was cool

Do yourself a favor and stay in NYC and you can take the train over to Newark Penn Station about a 15 minute train ride.
1/18/13 4:25 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saucylv33 - Pre-sale is Tuesday at 10 am. UFC Password is CHAMPIONSHIP.
Thank you saucy! Phone Post
1/18/13 4:32 PM
Billyz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 
fsshariq -  IN. I live in jersey city.

There's a hotel in JC by journal square. Literally a 2 minute walk to the path station and 2 stops away from Newark. You get off right by the Prudential center. I can't recall what hotel it is but try looking it up. This may be most convenient and safe lol. Phone Post

Ramada Jersey City

nice to know there are other JC peeps on here

Agreed a good option and will probably be cheaper than NYC, just hope that the out of town'rs don't get screwed and end up wandering around Newark. Happened to a few guys who flew up from Miami to watch an event at Prudential and didn't realize the rest of the city was so bad.

Pumped for the event
1/18/13 5:32 PM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Im gonna stay in the Penn Station area in NYC. That way I can do fun stuff in the city and take the train in for the weigh ins and fights.

PS

Saucy, you are the best!

1/18/13 5:45 PM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^good idea dude.

As for people walking over from Newark Penn Station, if you exit out the front where the Amtrek waiting area is, Prudential Center is no more than 2 blocks away down the main street which is relatively safe.

I didn't know some people got lost at the last event in Newark. That's not a city you wanna get stranded in, particularly after dark. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:52 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I would also suggest staying WEST of Newark. I see everyone always reccommend Jersey City, NYC, etc - but what's wrong with grabbing a solid hotel at a cheaper rate in nice neighborhoods like West Orange, Livingston, etc.

It's a whopping 15 minutes drive to Prudential Center from there. There are literally a dozen parking lots to choose from, even the VIP parking deck for $26. I can guarantee you could probably stay in one of those neighborhoods and rent a car, and it would still be cheaper than staying in JC and paying public transportation.

You get the added benefit of being able to drive around at your own leisure. 30 minute drive to the city, 30 minute drive to Hoboken, 15 minutes to the arena, and you're not dependant on transit.

Hell, you can even drive to a park and ride, pay $7 and grab a bus into the city from anywhere in the area if you don't feel like driving in.

I go to the Prudential Center at least once a week for college sports - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.
1/18/13 6:02 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

97.4 % I'm in and can't wait! Phone Post
1/19/13 12:29 AM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

1/19/13 2:22 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm prob going. Any other rumored fights besides jones-sonnen? Phone Post
1/19/13 2:48 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Edited: 01/19/13 2:47 AM
jps1012 -  I'm prob going. Any other rumored fights besides jones-sonnen? Phone Post

I read that if UFC signs Alvarez, he could fight in the co-main for this event. I'm really hoping for this!

Eddie Alvarez vs Jim Miller anyone??

1/21/13 5:20 PM
Matt Phillips

Tickets bought! This is gonna be a fun trip! Phone Post
1/21/13 5:29 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -  Tickets bought! This is gonna be a fun trip! Phone Post

So cool!!! I am so excited

1/21/13 5:45 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

I'm getting my tix tomorrow! Wooo!

1/21/13 6:07 PM
RocketSkates
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going, bought my tickets today Phone Post
1/21/13 6:35 PM
Nitecrawler
1873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
What's the rest of the card look like? Phone Post
1/21/13 6:51 PM
Matt Phillips

Nitecrawler - What's the rest of the card look like? Phone Post
Not sure, they've been stacking cards, so I'm sure it'll be fine Phone Post
1/21/13 7:12 PM
fsshariq

hope so man. guna try to get my tix first thing tomorow. 

1/21/13 7:14 PM
Matt Phillips

Gonna try to plan something cool for this show too, at the very least some kind of get together. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.