UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 159 (Sonnen/Jones) in Jersey, Who's going?

2/11/13 12:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 - There are some decent hotels right around Penn Station in Newark, very close to Prudential Center. I wouldn't walk. Just take a cab and you're good. Iberia is a good Brazilian steakhouse in Newark, also a short cab ride, also would not walk.

Place is a steaming shithole. Phone Post
Haha thanks for the advice Phone Post
2/11/13 9:14 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_MdotBRICKS - 
officedrone23 - There are some decent hotels right around Penn Station in Newark, very close to Prudential Center. I wouldn't walk. Just take a cab and you're good. Iberia is a good Brazilian steakhouse in Newark, also a short cab ride, also would not walk.

There's also Don Pepe on McCarter highway, Spanish Pavilion just over the water, and a few other places within a 5 minute cab ride.
2/12/13 12:08 AM
Matt Phillips
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright, if you are going to this show or live in the area and havent subbed to this thread yet, please do so now. Have a kick ass annoucement coming soon that UG'ers and MMA fans in general will enjoy.  

Been working on something I think all of you would enjoy going to. Details very soon....

2/12/13 9:25 AM
ximboredofyoux

Might have an extra ticket as one of my friends is pulling some douche shit. If anybodys interested in buying lemme know. Were section 2 row 19. There will be four of us drinking and having a good time. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:02 AM
Willin
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

Alright, if you are going to this show or live in the area and havent subbed to this thread yet, please do so now. Have a kick ass annoucement coming soon that UG'ers and MMA fans in general will enjoy.  

Been working on something I think all of you would enjoy going to. Details very soon....

In for the reveal! Phone Post
2/12/13 1:26 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_MdotBRICKS - 

For real, DO NOT walk.  I walked back from UFC 128 and took a wrong turn. Needless to say, not a good time...

2/12/13 1:31 PM
Stea1th

Iberia isn't brazillian, it's portuguse and it's pretty good food. There are other places however that are much better though. 

2/12/13 7:44 PM
Sir Slugshot331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -
Matt Phillips -

In for the reveal! Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/12/13 8:22 PM
RocketSkates
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

Sweet Phone Post
2/12/13 10:02 PM
Matt Phillips
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha sorry, working on the post now. (Had to work long hours today)

2/12/13 10:06 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

Dude you got me on the edge of my seat lol Phone Post
2/12/13 10:10 PM
Matt Phillips

nyhcloyalty - 
Matt Phillips -

I know I know Im amped up too. This is something I think the UG will really appreciate and look forward to. (In addition to other things being planned!) 

2/12/13 10:51 PM
Sir Slugshot331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -
nyhcloyalty - 
Matt Phillips -

I know I know Im amped up too. This is something I think the UG will really appreciate and look forward to. (In addition to other things being planned!) 

SPILL THE BEANS THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME Phone Post
2/12/13 11:06 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir Slugshot331 -
Matt Phillips -
nyhcloyalty - 
Matt Phillips -

SPILL THE BEANS THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME Phone Post
FOR GODS SAKE MAN SPILL IT Phone Post
2/12/13 11:10 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

COME ON! Phone Post
2/12/13 11:15 PM
Matt Phillips

Edited: 02/12/13 11:15 PM

lol ok, spell checking then posting it here 

*Edit*

It will be much more exciting closer to the show, I promise we will not disappoint. :)

2/12/13 11:20 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please :) 

2/12/13 11:20 PM
Matt Phillips

Edited: 03/13/13 2:45 PM

Myself, Ottavia Bourdain and Igor Gracie will be putting on a BJJ seminar at Renzo Gracie's Academy in NYC. All proceeds from this seminar will go to FranksFight to help with the expenses associated with his second bout against cancer. 

Details on who will be attending the seminar to either help or sign autographs/take pics will be released as we get closer to the event. All of us will be working on getting MMA fighters and personalities to show up and hang out with everyone. Once the seminar is over, I plan on taking the train to Newark for the fights with everyone; Penn Station is very close to Renzo's academy.

Here are the details you need to know:

Where: 

Renzo Gracie Academy
224 W 30th St Suite A, New York, NY 10001

When:

Saturday April 27th 
2PM to 4PM (UFC 159 starts at roughly 6:30PM)

Cost:

$40 admission (feel free to donate more)
A Paypal page will be set up for the seminar so you can donate/pay in advance.

Contact Information:

PM me on The UG if you have any questions or would like to contribute in any way.

2/12/13 11:27 PM
Matt Phillips

I know I hyped it up, but I promise we will do everything we can to make it a memorable get together/seminar and it will be for a good cause too.

2/12/13 11:30 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool Matt! Can I PM you about something? 

2/12/13 11:31 PM
the geek
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait bro, fingers crossed that I'll make it out (I'm feeling confidant). Great work organizing another wicked event for the UG, Matt Phillips FTW!
2/12/13 11:36 PM
Matt Phillips

Krs10KO.com - 

Very cool Matt! Can I PM you about something? 

absolutely!

2/12/13 11:40 PM
Matt Phillips

the geek - Can't wait bro, fingers crossed that I'll make it out (I'm feeling confidant). Great work organizing another wicked event for the UG, Matt Phillips FTW!

I am 100% sure there will be more awesomeness happening that weekend as well. Wendy and Frank will be at 159, I know it has been a struggle for them lately and wanted to do something for them and for the UG at the same time. 

2/12/13 11:41 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome! Gonna try to make it out for sure. Phone Post
2/12/13 11:50 PM
soxfan82
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in for my first ever UFC event!!! Just got the tickets for my birthday, hope to see all you guys there!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.