UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> OneFC Mission Statement 2013: "We'll Be Expanding"

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/14/13 4:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fletch
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 2:31 PM

http://samurailife.net/the-one-fc-mission-statement-2013-victor-cuiwe-will-be-expanding/

Reads in miniature like Victor's speech I filmed at the One Asia-MMA Summit in its near-entirety; for those who missed that piece or who weren't aware of the summit, here:

http://samurailife.net/samurai-life-the-one-fc-asia-mma-summit/

videos of key speeches, a recap, and interview with Chatri Sityodtong

Big year ahead for One FC!

1/14/13 4:50 AM
BrunoMcGyver
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any idea on where the event after One FC 7 Kuala Lumpur is gonna be held?
1/14/13 7:11 AM
tres_equis_666
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - Any idea on where the event after One FC 7 Kuala Lumpur is gonna be held?
Heard some rumors that it's either Manila or Singapore Phone Post
1/14/13 7:19 AM
john joe
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats completely at odds with what i heard, which is that there has been little international interest so OneFC wont be trying to compete as an international player/international level org, in the immediate future. So no big name signings or poaching UFC targets like Bibiano, etc
1/15/13 2:29 PM
Fletch
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

considering this year is already planned out, 2014 almost is, there'll be 30+ events in these years, they just agreed a partnership with GLORY, DREAM has revived, and One FC keep signing TV deals and whatnot, I doubt that they're somehow downsizing anytime soon.

They're ambitious. Rightly so; they're top of the Asian market

1/15/13 5:22 PM
john joe
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 5:31 PM
they didnt agree any partnership with GLORY and Glory is not part of this 'ONE FC' network , the only place that has been said is in a One FC press release. Actually what happened was, there was an arrangement for some ONE FC contracted fighters to be allowed to fight on Dream 18, which was taken over by Glory for that one show. The One FC press release was pure hyperbole about "adding Glory to the One FC network"; read the Glory release that came out a day or two later

and if the 30+ events are aimed at more localised/domestic markets then, so what? it depends what you mean by expansion. Most of us think the money is in the western markets and that expansion would logically mean the US, maybe Western Europe, US tv deals etc. There's no sign of any of that. In fact the signs are that, with Malaysian grand prix and whatnot, they are actually looking more at trying to build and solidify in more domestic territories

the asian market isnt worth a carrot; thats the problem. JMMA is dead as a fucking dodo and is never, ever coming back to previous heights, ever, and who the fuck has got any money to spend on tickets in Indonesia and the Philippines etc? They are not go-to, get-rich-quick destinations in the luxury entertainment/live event sphere - why didnt Paquiao fight his fights there if theres so much money to be made?

also the ESPN Star tv deal - legit tv deal or time-buy...?
1/15/13 5:35 PM
john joe

from what i hear, ONE FC has good ticket sales but the online PPV has been almost nonexistent and so there has been a rethink and a policy change towards local regional markets rather than a worldwide audience - why spend tens of thousands of dollars bringing in Babulu, Arlovski etc when you can sell just as many tickets filling the card with local guys?

Out in Malaysia, guys like Peter Davis and Adam Kayoom are probably bigger names than Arlovksi or Baroni or Babalu and if the PPV numbers aren't good then why bother bringing in expensive overseas fighters when you can fill a stadium with locals?

So now you will notice that the expensive internationals like Arlovski, Silva, Manhoef etc are going to be absent from the cards and One FC will devolve into a regional show albeit maybe one that brings in rising overseas talent. Because fights like Arlovski vs Sylvia IV ended up being basically a free treat for US fans who were interested while the local fans werent really that bothered

theres some shit-hot talent in One FC still, like Zorobabel Moreira, but you've got to think that eventually they are gonna move stateside if their records get good enough
1/15/13 6:28 PM
cm81
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - from what i hear, ONE FC has good ticket sales but the online PPV has been almost nonexistent and so there has been a rethink and a policy change towards local regional markets rather than a worldwide audience - why spend tens of thousands of dollars bringing in Babulu, Arlovski etc when you can sell just as many tickets filling the card with local guys?

Out in Malaysia, guys like Peter Davis and Adam Kayoom are probably bigger names than Arlovksi or Baroni or Babalu and if the PPV numbers aren't good then why bother bringing in expensive overseas fighters when you can fill a stadium with locals?

So now you will notice that the expensive internationals like Arlovski, Silva, Manhoef etc are going to be absent from the cards and One FC will devolve into a regional show albeit maybe one that brings in rising overseas talent. Because fights like Arlovski vs Sylvia IV ended up being basically a free treat for US fans who were interested while the local fans werent really that bothered

theres some shit-hot talent in One FC still, like Zorobabel Moreira, but you've got to think that eventually they are gonna move stateside if their records get good enough
Zorobabel Moreira is a badass. Bad chin but a murderous offense standing and ground. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:20 AM
Fletch

john joe - from what i hear, ONE FC has good ticket sales but the online PPV has been almost nonexistent and so there has been a rethink and a policy change towards local regional markets rather than a worldwide audience - why spend tens of thousands of dollars bringing in Babulu, Arlovski etc when you can sell just as many tickets filling the card with local guys?

True regarding local fighters and whatnot, but as long as the events are still exciting and new talent comes through a la Zoro, One FC will keep growing in Asia and that's all that matters for now.

Beyond that, they're ambitious. Wouldn't rule them out. And while we're seeing fights like Ole/Folayang, I couldn't care less if the Arlovski's and Sylvia's and whoever else rock up in Singapre to throw down. We're still getting great fights from these "local boys"

Andrew Leone vs. Roy Docyogen NEEDS to happen though. Unshackle the Leone; the flyweight who beat the current bantamweight champ in 20 seconds and went 1-1 with Road FC champ / UFC bantamweight Kang

1/16/13 5:25 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa is focusing on Japan, Korea, China, India...  look at their GDP's and compare them to One FC's target markets of malaysia, philippines, indonesia.

not even close.  they are smart to be sticking to markets that arent worth much for zuffa to currently focus on. 

One FC is the "strikeforce" of asia.

1/16/13 5:31 AM
john joe

just to be clear, i hope no one thinks i am ragging on One FC, far from it, i really like their org, their ethos and their ruleset, being closer to vale tudo and the Pride FC rules that i came up on. I just dont think talk of them as an international challenger is realistic right now; lets see what 2013 brings

As you say fletch theres some top talent in One FC still; Zoro is quickly becoming one of my favorite guys and Ole is always good to watch as well.
1/16/13 5:40 AM
bjjbomb
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the Philippines the mma league is called the URCC or the Universal Reality Combat Championship we have been around for ten years already. We ocassionaly lend our fighters to ONE FC as our fighters are some of their biggest stars.
1/16/13 5:44 AM
Fletch

aye, unshackle the Ole as well. Ole and Leone NEED 1 EFF SEE FYTZ

I just wish there was a possibility Arnold Lepont could be made to face non-One FC welcome JJ Ambrose, or even Mr Elbe. That would be GOOD for the sport

Still, I'm impressed with the quality of One FC events in 2012, I don't see this year being any different.

1/16/13 6:07 AM
GenghisKwan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wanna see sum asians throwin fists Phone Post
1/16/13 10:25 AM
tres_equis_666
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjjbomb - In the Philippines the mma league is called the URCC or the Universal Reality Combat Championship we have been around for ten years already. We ocassionaly lend our fighters to ONE FC as our fighters are some of their biggest stars.
ttt for a true Filipino legend Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.