UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping – “I Am Destined to Be World Champion”

1/14/13 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping has been declared the No. 1 contender in the middleweight division by UFC president Dana White. All he has to do to get that elusive title shot is to get past Vitor Belfort at UFC on FX 7 on Jan. 19.

"In the past I’ve said I believed it, and I certainly talked the talk, but I think if I searched deep inside my soul, maybe I knew that I wasn’t ready or maybe didn’t fully expect to win. Now I know I’m one of the best in the world. I’ve been around this sport long enough. I’m very successful. I’m full of confidence. My skill set is better than it’s ever been, my athletic ability is better than it’s ever been, and I’m certainly in my prime,” Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I’m destined to be world champion. I will be world champion one day. You can guarantee that. I’m ready to take this title 100-percent.”
1/14/13 11:46 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE MANY FACES OF BISPING

1/14/13 11:48 AM
Lazer MMA

Sorry

http://www.mmaweekly.com/michael-bisping-im-destined-to-be-world-champion

BTW, I think he's more delusional then even his fans. IMO if he wants to have any shot to be a champ at all, he should leave the UFC. He will never wear UFC gold and will never even win any top fight ever either (Vitor who has not won a huge fight in ages and never at 85 doesn't count IMO either as a huge win).
1/14/13 11:50 AM
disbeliever
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I think Bisping has a ton of skill and potential. I just don't see him being a world champion though, at least not any time soon. His performances are nothing astounding like Anderson's way of making great fighters look like kids, or GSP's way of shutting down anyone's game plan, or the way Jones went through former champions.

If he wins the belt, it would be by some decision imo
1/14/13 11:53 AM
The Mammoth
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Sorry

BTW, I think he's more delusional then even his fans. IMO if he wants to have any shot to be a champ at all, he should leave the UFC. He will never wear UFC gold and will never even win any top fight ever either (Vitor who has not won a huge fight in ages and never at 85 doesn't count IMO either as a huge win).
Brilliant so you're one of those saying suddenly that Vitor isn't a top ten or a tough opponent. Funny that... Anyone who fights Bisping is suddenly a bum.

I've not forgotten when Kang joined the UFC people were declaring him as THE GUY who will take on Silva. Bisping beats him up and suddenly it's 'Kang the Can'. Phone Post
1/14/13 11:56 AM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has as much chance as anyone at beating Anderson...read into that what you will. He beats Belfort though. If Belfort is a SEAL then its clubbing season. Phone Post
1/14/13 12:19 PM
Lazer MMA

The Mammoth - 
Lazer MMA -
Sorry

Brilliant so you're one of those saying suddenly that Vitor isn't a top ten or a tough opponent. Funny that... Anyone who fights Bisping is suddenly a bum.

I've not forgotten when Kang joined the UFC people were declaring him as THE GUY who will take on Silva. Bisping beats him up and suddenly it's 'Kang the Can'. Phone Post

Brillant, what's with this "suddenly" crap? WTF did Belfort beat that is a really top 85er? NO ONE EVER. I ALWAYS maintained he AND BISPING who him self never won any huge fight EVER had bogus ratings, and they do. Any number the true best MW's would murder them. Their bogus ratings is a holdovers from the many years that MW was weak as hell. That time is over IMO.
1/14/13 12:28 PM
Lazer MMA

RedDragonUK -  He has as much chance as anyone at beating Anderson...read into that what you will. He beats Belfort though. If Belfort is a SEAL then its clubbing season. Phone Post

Well being he's an underdog I'm assuming your laying a huge bet then right boss?
1/14/13 12:33 PM
GregBell
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like his Ego his confidence.. you can tell hes cocky enough to actually believe he can beat Anderson something most of the guys who fought anderson the last few years didnt believe.
1/14/13 12:34 PM
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO, Bisping beats Brian Stann and people are ready to declare him the best option to beat Silva. IF, and it is a BIG IF he gets by Vitor he is going to get embarassed by Anderson. Anderson would end Bisping within 2 rds
1/14/13 12:35 PM
Delorian
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's destined to get knocked out by a champion. Phone Post
1/14/13 12:35 PM
tdunning
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth - 
Lazer MMA -
Sorry

You are neglecting the fact that Belcher was the guy who introduced Kang to the UFC, and Belcher finished him. That and the other recent losses was why Kang wasn't considered to be a top MW when Bisping beat him, not because of any sort of hindsight bias. That is a myth perpetrated by Bisping nut huggers.
1/14/13 12:36 PM
GregBell
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes i think he has nothing for anderson but he Believes he does and doesnt seem afraid so i would like to see him have his shot if he can make it past belfort which i think is a tough match up for mike if belfort happens to be on...not going to name names but a number of those guys that fought anderson were shook going into the matches pretty much already defeated.
1/14/13 12:39 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see it.
1/14/13 12:49 PM
Yoghurt

Lazer MMA - 
The Mammoth - 
Lazer MMA -
Sorry

Brillant, what's with this "suddenly" crap? WTF did Belfort beat that is a really top 85er? NO ONE EVER. I ALWAYS maintained he AND BISPING who him self never won any huge fight EVER had bogus ratings, and they do. Any number the true best MW's would murder them. Their bogus ratings is a holdovers from the many years that MW was weak as hell. That time is over IMO.

Who are your top10 mw-s?
1/14/13 12:50 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is destined to be very disappointed if he really thinks he is going to be champ over Anderson. He won't beat Vitor but I almost hope he does so Anderson can tool him and set him straight. Lombard, Weidman, Philippou would all defeat him and so will Vitor.
1/14/13 1:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Sorry

This is stupid reasoning. If a fighter is the top ranked contender and isn't confident he can win the belt, there is something seriously wrong with him. You're really going to criticize him and call him delusional for being confident? Phone Post
1/14/13 1:12 PM
Lazer MMA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -
Sorry

This is stupid reasoning. If a fighter is the top ranked contender and isn't confident he can win the belt, there is something seriously wrong with him. You're really going to criticize him and call him delusional for being confident? Phone Post

"If a fighter is the top ranked contender"

Right there is the BS sir!

WTF did he ever beat that was a top raked MW or what huge fight did the man EVER win? ZERO

"WTF did Belfort beat that is a really top 85er (at 85)? NO ONE EVER. I ALWAYS maintained he AND BISPING who him self never won any huge fight EVER had bogus ratings, and they do. Any number the true best MW's would murder them. Their bogus ratings is a holdovers from the many years that MW was weak as hell."

His best win is Stann who himself never won a any huge fight at all ever and he was a very marginal 10 ten for certain too.
1/14/13 1:13 PM
Lazer MMA

BTW YES. If he thinks he's winning a UFC belt sure as shit he is delusional IMO, no question.
1/14/13 1:19 PM
Lazer MMA

Yoghurt can you figure it out? Try man try

While they lack the huge wins as does Bisping they have beaten who they were asked to (save one BS decision) and just have lacked the opportunity thus far (unlike Bisping) for the huge wins.

1/14/13 1:29 PM
Chimp Strength
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer, why do you always create threads on subjects to bait people? I know you have zero respect for Bisping or Anderson, yet all you do is create threads about them.
Anyway, on topic, I agree that Bisping would get more respect had he fought some more big names, but imo Vitor is just that. Every time Bisping fights I see threads that he is going to lose, but he comes through more often than not. If he loses to Vitor then fair enough he doesn't get a shot. As someone already asked, which you swerved quite conveniently, name your top ten. I'm pretty sure you would've had Boetsch and Belcher above Bisping until their recent hype train derailing. I expect that Chael won't be included now he's fighting at LHW, should make interesting reading. Phone Post
1/14/13 1:32 PM
MartialArtsMixed
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I beliebe in bisbing Phone Post
1/14/13 1:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -
Sorry

"If a fighter is the top ranked contender"

Right there is the BS sir!

WTF did he ever beat that was a top raked MW or what huge fight did the man EVER win? ZERO

"WTF did Belfort beat that is a really top 85er (at 85)? NO ONE EVER. I ALWAYS maintained he AND BISPING who him self never won any huge fight EVER had bogus ratings, and they do. Any number the true best MW's would murder them. Their bogus ratings is a holdovers from the many years that MW was weak as hell."

His best win is Stann who himself never won a any huge fight at all ever and he was a very marginal 10 ten for certain too.
I never said he was the top ranked middleweight, I said he was the top ranked contender. What the heck do you think it means when Dana White says he is the number one contender? You also never addressed my point at all.

You seem very immature, settle down and quit freaking out over everything. Phone Post
1/14/13 1:39 PM
Granpa
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/14/13 1:40 PM
BeatonHauff
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol who the fuck thought Kang was gonna be the one to beat Silva? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.