UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Good Gyms near Burlington?

1/14/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dean of Lean
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, Anyone familiar with some good schools in Burlington?

I used to train for a few years in Montreal with BTT then got injured and never got back into it. I just moved here and I'd like to get back to training looking for a good legit gym, seems there are a lot of sketchy-trying-to-cash-in-on-MMA type gyms around here as well.

Anyone know somewhere legit they'd recommend?
1/14/13 4:09 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breaking Point MMA is a Cobrinha bjj affiliate and has a great group of guys there. They're on harvester rd between guelph ln and walkers ln. They also have a crossfit gym if you swing that way.

Another legit place would be Burlington Academy of Martial Arts. If I remember correctly they are located on mainway between guelph ln &walkers ln. I think they are a Marcus Soares affiliate with two black belt instructors.

Cant go wrong with either, I suppose. Hope it helps, enjoy your training. Phone Post
1/14/13 10:24 PM
wiley

Joslin's in Hamilton. Alliance BJJ, 4 Blackbelts including Jeff, MMA, Boxing, no-gi, kick boxing and classes 7 days a week.
1/15/13 9:45 AM
k1levelstriking
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiley - Joslin's in Hamilton. Alliance BJJ, 4 Blackbelts including Jeff, MMA, Boxing, no-gi, kick boxing and classes 7 days a week.
To add to wileys post, also two Judo classes a week with a black belt, definitely worth the drive Phone Post
1/15/13 4:09 PM
rorymcd
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're welcome to come in and train at my gym as well. Para Bellum MMA. We're located on the border between Oakville and Burlington: http://parabellummma.com/

You can't go wrong with any of the gyms mentioned. I'd recommend trying a few classes at a few different gyms and seeing what fits best for you in terms of schedule and coaching
1/15/13 4:16 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rorymcd - You're welcome to come in and train at my gym as well. Para Bellum MMA. We're located on the border between Oakville and Burlington: http://parabellummma.com/

You can't go wrong with any of the gyms mentioned. I'd recommend trying a few classes at a few different gyms and seeing what fits best for you in terms of schedule and coaching
This Phone Post
1/15/13 7:33 PM
Dougie
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory and Wiley have kimura'ed the correct.

1/20/13 7:09 PM
DirtyDirtBiker

All the gyms above are great. For Breaking Point, you can have a look at the schedule online by visiting - http://bpmartialarts.com/

Like rorymcd, try them out and see which one works best for you

All the best :)
1/20/13 8:08 PM
BALEIA
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Www.purabjj.com
1/21/13 11:29 AM
TapouT Burlington

Come check us out anytime as well. We offer a full schedule of classes daily and have a full fitness facility as well.

Tapout Burlington
5041 Fairview St.
Burlington, ON
905-637-0531
tapoutburlington.com

Email us at info@tapoutburlington.com for more info if you would like.
1/21/13 5:08 PM
Brian J DSouza

Also try http://burlingtonbjj.ca/

Free trial class, and one of the best instructors around.

1/24/13 6:56 PM
Dean of Lean

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Burlington Academy of Martial Arts is pretty close to work their website didn't look super legit.

I am commuting to North York every evening so that place and the one near Oakille seem to work

Really appreciate the suggestions guys!!
1/26/13 8:45 AM
Mit
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

k1levelstriking -
wiley - Joslin's in Hamilton. Alliance BJJ, 4 Blackbelts including Jeff, MMA, Boxing, no-gi, kick boxing and classes 7 days a week.
To add to wileys post, also two Judo classes a week with a black belt, definitely worth the drive Phone Post
Out of curiosity who is teaching the judo at joslins? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.