UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> keenan's family urging him to leave lloyd

1/15/13 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, I think Tom Callos and Chloe Cornelius are very brave for the stance they have taken. The legal system and courts will deal with justice, but in the case of Keenan, ask yourself, if he was your son/brother, what would you want of him?

Many people have remained silent, but let's start asking for the Lloyd Irvin members and affiliates who are actively defending Lloyd (who has taken no responsibility nor confirmed or denied his 1990 case) to remain silent until they know the facts about their instructor.

As for Chloe and Tom Callos, they have my support.

1/15/13 12:03 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - Keenan's sister is using this as an excuse to get on a soap box and cause drama.

That's disgusting.

If she were my sister, I would disown her.
Women have a funny way of not tolerating it when rape victims are silenced and characterized as whores Phone Post

She's putting her brother on blast.

Attention whore is attention whoring.
I'm sure it's a horribly uncomfortable thing for a young man to be thrown into a conflict w his team. But you are misplacing blame. Women get to speak out about rape and be furious about it. Your sympathies are in the wrong place. Other parties caused this mess. Phone Post

Her brother should come first.

This should be a PRIVATE family matter.

If my sister put me on blast for something someone else did, the relationship would be over. Period.
hey man, you don't have a sister, do you? Phone Post
1/15/13 12:07 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - Keenan's sister is using this as an excuse to get on a soap box and cause drama.

That's disgusting.

Women have a funny way of not tolerating it when rape victims are silenced and characterized as whores Phone Post

I'm sure it's a horribly uncomfortable thing for a young man to be thrown into a conflict w his team. But you are misplacing blame. Women get to speak out about rape and be furious about it. Your sympathies are in the wrong place. Other parties caused this mess. Phone Post

If my sister put me on blast for something someone else did, the relationship would be over. Period.
I do.

She would never pull such nonsense.

If she didn't like what I was doing, she'd address her concerns in private.

That's how respect works.

You never put your family on blast. Phone Post
1/15/13 12:11 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
LiveFromThe7x7 -
Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 

That's disgusting.

I do.

she's never put you on blast?
never on blast, ever, even once? Phone Post
1/15/13 12:14 AM
bartatua
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiveFromThe7x7 - 
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 

That's disgusting.

interestingly, one of the recurring characteristics of cults is their encouragement of members to disown their families

did you ever think about joining TLI? you might be a prime candidate
1/15/13 12:18 AM
subwrassler
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - Shitty of them to even speak to the sister like that

1/15/13 12:24 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 

That's disgusting.

I do.

In public, ie not just around family at like thanksgiving or something?

Never.

Nor have I put her or any other beloved family member on blast. Phone Post
1/15/13 12:26 AM
SpiderRicco

Wait, I'm confused..Which Avellan is that again?
1/15/13 12:32 AM
subwrassler
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David is the Kimura Trap guy...

Marcos is the one talking crazy
Badmonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM -  When does next weeks episode of TLI air? I'm really getting into this series. Phone Post

Will the rapists be in the next episode?
2JupitersTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys calling rape victims whores, I don't understand. Guys like Avellan becoming emotional in his loyalty, that's going to happen. It's hard to listen to a dear friend telling you he's innocent and just discount him. No hard feelings to the Avellans after some calm thinking here, it would just be nice if everyone stopped talking and the only guy with the real answers would. Phone Post
1/15/13 12:33 AM
youarewhatiswrong
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiveFromThe7x7 - 
Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
Cyril Jeff -
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 -
2JupitersTooMany - 

That's disgusting.

I do.

In public, ie not just around family at like thanksgiving or something?

Never.

Nor have I put her or any other beloved family member on blast. Phone Post

I just wanted to see if I could squeeze one more "put on blast" into this quote pyramid.
1/15/13 12:37 AM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

david avellan named his son lloyd and lloyd irvin is his son's godfather, he's in too deep now

1/15/13 12:38 AM
bartatua

disownr imo
1/15/13 12:38 AM
PrinceAlbert
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

Guys, I think Tom Callos and Chloe Cornelius are very brave for the stance they have taken. The legal system and courts will deal with justice, but in the case of Keenan, ask yourself, if he was your son/brother, what would you want of him?

Many people have remained silent, but let's start asking for the Lloyd Irvin members and affiliates who are actively defending Lloyd (who has taken no responsibility nor confirmed or denied his 1990 case) to remain silent until they know the facts about their instructor.

Same here! Keenan is in a tough spot though, he has a bond with these guys blood sweat and tears. He doesn't have the same objective stance some do. In time maybe he will; I have my opinion but this ordeal isn't about Keenan or Tom. I have a great deal of respect for Tom and the stance he has taken. I also have a great deal of respect for Keenan and his ability but this isn't about him once again.
1/15/13 12:40 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to expect a guy to turn on his pal, just have the sense to acknowledge that it might be reasonable for outsiders to be really upset and quietly support your friend. Phone Post
1/15/13 12:46 AM
SpiderRicco

I wonder what Easton has to say about this whole scenario? Inquiring minds want to know?
1/15/13 12:47 AM
yusul
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

their behavior is very cult-like. girl gets raped by teammates, one team member's sister comments, other teammates attack the sister. am i missing anything?
1/15/13 12:48 AM
SpiderRicco

^yes, you forgot the poison coolaid.
1/15/13 12:49 AM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Brian J DSouza -

I don't think people are saying that Keenan's family shouldn't get involved or advise him of how to proceed. People are saying that they should have advised him behind the scenes and not publicly on Facebook.

There should be no reason that either his sister or dad couldn't pick up the phone and tell then all their thoughts. No need to air it out on FB Phone Post
1/15/13 12:49 AM
Troll Hunter10
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LI seems to have quite the grip on the minds of his followers. I can certainly understand how it is natural to defend someone you spend a great deal of time and have tons of respect for... But how can you continue to make ridiculous statements about the situation when presented with the known facts?
Wanted to join in rape, couldn't get it up
Watched a gang of men rape girl
Found not guilty due to reasonable doubt
"Had his day in court, he is innocent"
Logic, how the fuck does it work? Phone Post
1/15/13 12:50 AM
Jaybrone
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a court transcript of LI's defense in the case?

1/15/13 12:52 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Troll Hunter10 -  LI seems to have quite the grip on the minds of his followers. I can certainly understand how it is natural to defend someone you spend a great deal of time and have tons of respect for... But how can you continue to make ridiculous statements about the situation when presented with the known facts?
Wanted to join in rape, couldn't get it up
Watched a gang of men rape girl
Found not guilty due to reasonable doubt
"Had his day in court, he is innocent"
Logic, how the fuck does it work? Phone Post

It's denial in it's purest forum. But Master was acquitted and that's that!

......not quite...
1/15/13 12:54 AM
kying418
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 12:55 AM

I dont think Keenan's sister (and mom and dad) did anything wrong by posting on his FB page.

In the BJJ community, Keenan is a public figure. It was a good platform for them to talk about something they strongly believe in- defending and speaking against rape.

Why is it such a big deal to tell someone to leave their bjj team? It's a frickin sports team - get over it.

If Kobe Bryants sister wrote on his FB that he should leave the Lakers, would Lloyd Irvin's supporters be pissed that she wrote about it in public?

This blind cult like following is disturbing. Thank god not all bjj teams act and behave this way, or I would have quit a long time ago.

1/15/13 12:56 AM
GIBB0
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLLYWOOD-MO -
Brian J DSouza -

I don't think people are saying that Keenan's family shouldn't get involved or advise him of how to proceed. People are saying that they should have advised him behind the scenes and not publicly on Facebook.

There should be no reason that either his sister or dad couldn't pick up the phone and tell then all their thoughts. No need to air it out on FB Phone Post
We don't know the details, though.

Maybe Keenan isn't answering his phone because he doesn't want to be told to leave.

Maybe they have been on his case to leave the team long before this.

Maybe not.

It's impossible to make a claim without knowing the relationship. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.