UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> keenan's family urging him to leave lloyd

1/15/13 6:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Birds of the same feather...
1/15/13 6:59 AM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
1/15/13 7:01 AM
TSMontana
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TtoMyJ14 - facebook and twitter keeps making everyone look stupid.

this
1/15/13 7:18 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ,

These guys should really stop with the fucking ''allegedly''. Are they are suddenly going to backtrack on these two despicable human beings if they get off on a technicality.

There was a fucking security tape of the whole rape. This is a know fact. Because of the security tape the police was able to make statements about the especially heinous nature of the rape.

Irvin should have made a public statement about this days ago. All the member of his school should do so as well. They should made it know to the public that they will suspend people who are even accused of these things. He should have adressed his own involvement in a rape years ago and should have made clear that he repented for his mistake and would never condone this behaviour in the slightest.

Instead there attacking family members of students now because they have doubts. Its obvious that people have doubts. You should have done more to alleviate these doubts.

Now i do not believe people should leave Irvin,nor do i believe that he is responsible for the behavior of his students,in there capacity as private citizens.

But i do think that his (lack of ) reaction to the whole incident is at best a major fuck up and at worse rather fucking lacking in humanity.

1/15/13 7:23 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody still affiliated with Lloyd Irvin with his past attempted rape coming to light and the new incident with his students is either a brain washed fool or a scumbag.
1/15/13 7:40 AM
tres_equis_666
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder -

Jesus christ,

These guys should really stop with the fucking ''allegedly''. Are they are suddenly going to backtrack on these two despicable human beings if they get off on a technicality.

There was a fucking security tape of the whole rape. This is a know fact. Because of the security tape the police was able to make statements about the especially heinous nature of the rape.

Irvin should have made a public statement about this days ago. All the member of his school should do so as well. They should made it know to the public that they will suspend people who are even accused of these things. He should have adressed his own involvement in a rape years ago and should have made clear that he repented for his mistake and would never condone this behaviour in the slightest.

Instead there attacking family members of students now because they have doubts. Its obvious that people have doubts. You should have done more to alleviate these doubts.

Now i do not believe people should leave Irvin,nor do i believe that he is responsible for the behavior of his students,in there capacity as private citizens.

But i do think that his (lack of ) reaction to the whole incident is at best a major fuck up and at worse rather fucking lacking in humanity.

It's pretty obvious that TLI and all its affiliates have taken this stance. After all, it's their money and future earnings at stake here. Any dirt that goes on the name of LI or his brand = revenues skydive.

It's not the most moral thing to do, but morality has never been a part of a high-earning brand. Take a look at Nike.

However, anyone taking this stance should provoke some kind of thought among consumers; we all should let our voices known though our wallets. I personally have urged my family not to support anything that involves LI. Phone Post
1/15/13 7:59 AM
dueri7
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very classless actions from M Avellan.
I said it before, in my opinion he only cares about money and stuff like that. At least that is my opinion after trying his school a couple of years ago. (awful experience)
1/15/13 7:59 AM
supercan
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be a minister. I know and understand this type of cult-like behavior. Over time, you are taught to believe and are convinced that this is now your "true" family. You must marginalize and attack any that might pose a threat or question your "church", or "martial arts" family.

I could go on and on. Suffice it to say, I get it. Very well. My team and I (we own a gym) were discussing just a couple weeks ago using Lloyd's strategy and buying into the whole thing. There was something about the way Lloyd carries himself that didn't sit right with me. It reminded me too much of the world I had once been a part of. Against the wishes of my team, I made the executive decision to stay away from Lloyd. I'm glad I did.
1/15/13 8:01 AM
supercan
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Young - I have been a martial artist for 38 years and have seen some messed up things both in and out of the training environment but this whole situation has topped anything I have seen or heard of. The tragic rape of a girl by 2 teammates, the history of their instructor, the cynical use of the internet to not only cover up the situation but to try and make money from, of all things, a rape prevention programe. Then we have the people who are not only defending the actions of those responsible but are now making jokes about it and attacking a fellow teammate’s family. It is beyond belief and is both disgusting and disturbing.
This whole case has nothing to do with martial arts but everything to do with personal codes of conduct, ethics and morality. I am certainly no angel and have made my fair share of mistakes in life, but anyone with a modicum of sensibility and intelligence should see where the blame lies in this situation. Anyone defending those responsible should be ashamed of themselves

VU
1/15/13 8:14 AM
mikerobmma
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano -

they are ripping his sister on facebook

Wow Marcos is such a dick for saying that. Blind loyalty if I've ever seen it. Phone Post
1/15/13 8:16 AM
6ULDV8
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano - 

Witness Becomes Suspect
Woman Says He Was One Of Rapists
March 22, 1991|By RONNIE CROCKER Staff Writer
http://articles.dailypress.com/1991-...arrant-charged

Once they returned to Gatling's 20th-floor apartment after 9 p.m., she said, one of the men asked her into the bedroom to talk. Inside, she said, he and another man pinned her to the bed. One raped her while the other forced his penis into her mouth, she testified.

``As this was going on, all these other people started coming in,'' she said. ``Instead of trying to help me, they all started joining in.''

She said Evans - a 19-year-old Bowie State student who had introduced himself as Sam - tried to rape her as she was held down. She said that because he was smaller than the others, she was able to twist her body around and stop him.

She said she got free long enough to hit Evans in the chest, but he retaliated with a punch in her mouth and a string of curse words.

``He told me to stop fighting,'' the woman testified. ``He said I needed to be a soldier, and just endure.''

She said she pleaded with him and the others to stop.

``I said, `For God's sake why, I'm only 17.' ''

What is the Soldiers of Submissions?

First rule about the Soldiers of Submissions is that we don't talk about the S.O.S. Once you're on the Combat Gold Club and you have what it takes someone will talk to you about the Soldiers of Submission. Those that gain entrance into this elite group must have the will and desire of a True Champion. This group isn't for everyone and for this reason we don't speak about it.

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/BlackBeltClub.htm

That Soldiers of Submissions thing is just creepy.

1/15/13 8:28 AM
Forrest Gimp

dueri7 - very classless actions from M Avellan.
I said it before, in my opinion he only cares about money and stuff like that. At least that is my opinion after trying his school a couple of years ago. (awful experience)

Marcus Avellan paints himself like a total asshole with his responses. As did the "whore-train" coach, whatever his name was. So has LI from 20 years ago with his limpdick-defense and rape-SEO after the incident. The majority of "customers" will not train to be champions, so I guess Avellan better have paid off $150K pool and the "whore-train"-coach don't have mortgages.
1/15/13 9:20 AM
Zizzu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiveFromThe7x7 - 
2JupitersTooMany - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - Keenan's sister is using this as an excuse to get on a soap box and cause drama.

That's disgusting.

If she were my sister, I would disown her.
Women have a funny way of not tolerating it when rape victims are silenced and characterized as whores Phone Post

She's putting her brother on blast.

Attention whore is attention whoring.

No. She is putting her brother's team on blast. Which she should. You ignorant fuck.
1/15/13 9:27 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. siding with Chloe on this one.

while "MLI" was found NOT GUILTY of a certain crime he sure as hell is morally guilty of a few others pertaining.
1/15/13 9:28 AM
Zizzu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiveFromThe7x7 - 
kying418 - 

I dont think Keenan's sister (and mom and dad) did anything wrong by posting on his FB page.

In the BJJ community, Keenan is a public figure. It was a good platform for them to talk about something they strongly believe in- defending and speaking against rape.

Why is it such a big deal to tell someone to leave their bjj team? It's a frickin sports team - get over it.

If Kobe Bryants sister wrote on his FB that he should leave the Lakers, would Lloyd Irvin's supporters be pissed that she wrote about it in public?

This blind cult like following is disturbing. Thank god not all bjj teams act and behave this way, or I would have quit a long time ago.

Marcello is just a "coach" to you?

You could just stop training with and associating with him, no problem?

You are being extremely disingenuous.

If you want to say Keenan shoudl stop training with TLI, that's fine.

BUt to say, "It's no big deal/it's just a silly team is intellectual dishonesty and shows you aren't being above board and honest.

There isn't a person on this fucking planet I wouldn't walk away from if I found out they were a wannabe rapist. That includes family and damn sure includes training partners/coaches.

But then, I am not a rapist sympathizing piece of shit like yourself.
1/15/13 9:31 AM
ABE FROMAN

I would walk away on general principle if someone just came out and attacked my family, no matter what the reason was.

That's the type of situation where you say 'dude, can you handle your sister' instead of trying to put her in check yourself, it's bullshit.

If I weren't inclined to leave before I would've been right after that.....

1/15/13 9:33 AM
groundfighter2000
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

I would walk away on general principle if someone just came out and attacked my family, no matter what the reason was.

That's the type of situation where you say 'dude, can you handle your sister' instead of trying to put her in check yourself, it's bullshit.

If I weren't inclined to leave before I would've been right after that.....

This. You attack my family, I don't care who you are, I'm done with you.
1/15/13 9:53 AM
ABE FROMAN

They must have ZERO respect for this Keenan guy. Instead of letting him defend 'Master Lloyd' to his people they decided to lecture his family on morality, and tell them all the things that they didn't do.

I'm telling you, bags packed next day.

1/15/13 9:55 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Guy in the Back - Do you really think that Keenan can just 'walk away'? I'm willing to bet that there is a contract in place for all of the benefits he has. Probably not very easy to just leave - EVEN IF - he wants to. Phone Post
At this point he has probably become such a distraction LI will ask him to leave. Phone Post
1/15/13 10:00 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

burner22 - 
Acexnz - Some of Avellan's videos were quite interesting but it is clear after reading his posts that he is an asshole and a moron.
Correct. More proof, if proof were needed, that lloyds whole team are worthless scum Phone Post

rapers gonna rape
1/15/13 10:18 AM
In Limbo
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow what losers some of these BJJ teams are

you'd never see this from a muay thai camp

just sayin

1/15/13 10:49 AM
PittWrestler
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yoshimi

1/15/13 11:03 AM
The Sauce
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm totally neutral, but I must admit if that was my REAL Son/Brother I would ask him to politely leave also, especially with all the high tension and drama. No star pupil should be wrapped up in that. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:19 AM
Stainypoo

PittWrestler - 

Yoshimi

Holy shiz, she totally butchered that song.
1/15/13 11:22 AM
Brian J DSouza

The issue here should not really be about Keenan, his father or sister. The issue should be Lloyd Irvin stepping forward and telling everyone A) Was it him in the 1989 case and B) What were the circumstances of the 1989 case.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.