UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> keenan's family urging him to leave lloyd

1/15/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zizzu -
LiveFromThe7x7 - 
kying418 - 

I dont think Keenan's sister (and mom and dad) did anything wrong by posting on his FB page.

In the BJJ community, Keenan is a public figure. It was a good platform for them to talk about something they strongly believe in- defending and speaking against rape.

Why is it such a big deal to tell someone to leave their bjj team? It's a frickin sports team - get over it.

If Kobe Bryants sister wrote on his FB that he should leave the Lakers, would Lloyd Irvin's supporters be pissed that she wrote about it in public?

This blind cult like following is disturbing. Thank god not all bjj teams act and behave this way, or I would have quit a long time ago.

Marcello is just a "coach" to you?

You could just stop training with and associating with him, no problem?

You are being extremely disingenuous.

If you want to say Keenan shoudl stop training with TLI, that's fine.

BUt to say, "It's no big deal/it's just a silly team is intellectual dishonesty and shows you aren't being above board and honest.

There isn't a person on this fucking planet I wouldn't walk away from if I found out they were a wannabe rapist. That includes family and damn sure includes training partners/coaches.

But then, I am not a rapist sympathizing piece of shit like yourself.
VTFU Phone Post
1/15/13 1:15 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stainypoo -
PittWrestler - 

Yoshimi

Holy shiz, she totally butchered that song.
Yeah, after watching that I'm not sure what to think. Terrible. Phone Post
1/15/13 1:18 PM
PittWrestler
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just posted that one bc she was singing about the master lloyd, shame because there was good feelings at one time.

1/15/13 2:23 PM
cross3dout
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PittWrestler -

I just posted that one bc she was singing about the master lloyd, shame because there was good feelings at one time.

According the comments she sang it about her brother Phone Post
1/15/13 3:03 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

LOL@"marlen youre like 13, just stop."

I'm still laughing.

1/15/13 3:20 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

I'm still laughing.

Missed that gem.
1/15/13 4:44 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

I'm still laughing.

His retort "I'm 16" is almost as comical.
1/15/13 8:33 PM
Utah get me two
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck the "She was drunk and it was her fault for letting it happen" defense. In 2013? Where do these idiots breed?
1/15/13 8:49 PM
nrallen

the cult members are more concerned about an upcoming jiu-jitsu match than the victim of a brutal rape.

they need to get their priorities right and release an official statement.

what they certainly shouldn't be doing is sticking their heads in the ground and attacking those who question their morals.

it seems keeping the team together and not affecting their performance and related income, should be low down on the list right now.
1/15/13 8:54 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TLI makes me sick with their rationalizations. They can all eat a dick.

1/15/13 9:17 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

I'm still laughing.

His retort "I'm 16" is almost as comical.

LOL

1/15/13 9:40 PM
Jaybrone
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - Holy fuck the "She was drunk and it was her fault for letting it happen" defense. In 2013? Where do these idiots breed?

Drunk and they offer to take her home as a friend. Then turn around take her to a parking area and rape her repeatidly. That is so fucked up beyond anything I could even remotely comprehend. The one good part, if you can call it that, is they were caught on secuirty cameras and the crime is being described as extremely heinous. I hope those two fucking bastards rot in prison for an exceptionally long period of time. And the fact that LI and his crew haven't done all they can to distance themselves from these two like instantly is sad disgusting and just shows how fucked up they are. Money and their cult like behavior is absolutely dispicable.

1/15/13 9:50 PM
hybridfc
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does Kel think about this?? Phone Post
1/15/13 10:05 PM
Thacommish
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hybridfc -  What does Kel think about this?? Phone Post

something something orange soda?
1/15/13 10:08 PM
MVSTERCHIEF

all i know is, that if I had a daughter who trained there I would demand answers fast. Being in a room with ppl raping women would be enough for me to question his past intentions, which DO matter. Phone Post
1/15/13 10:14 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/15/13 10:52 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

Bat21 - 

TLI makes me sick with their rationalizations. They can all eat a dick.

in prison, dick is on every menu. hopefully these scumbags eat well there.
1/15/13 11:05 PM
dirt fan

Lost all respect for Avellan. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:22 PM
ChicagoTom
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The whole story about what was caught on video disgusts me. These guys should spend a long time in prison. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:07 AM
jlee14
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait, so some of the medal chasers saw the video and nobody called 911?

wtf is wrong with them.
1/16/13 12:19 AM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dirt fan -  Lost all respect for Avellan. Phone Post

1/16/13 12:39 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

jlee14 - wait, so some of the medal chasers saw the video and nobody called 911?

wtf is wrong with them.

rapers gonna rape
1/16/13 1:06 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jlee14 - wait, so some of the medal chasers saw the video and nobody called 911?

wtf is wrong with them.

I hope that's not true.
1/16/13 7:41 AM
6ULDV8

From the Marcos Avellan thread from Keenan's dad:

tomcallos - Hello MMA.com, I'm Tom Callos, Keenan and Chloe's dad, a 40 year MA practitioner, the last 18+ being in BJJ (mostly) but received my 6th dan from Master Teacher Ernie Reyes, Sr. of San Jose, CA, and a long time school owner/teacher/activist working within the international martial arts community.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been working behind the scenes for nearly 30 years now in the MA teacher's community. I've owned schools, all Ernie Reyes West Coast Schools, most of which are still in business and teaching people the Reyes brand of eclectic, character and performance based martial arts. I've retired from daily teaching, although I still take lessons in BJJ, and I've retired from engaging in school management, although I have, for the last 10+ years, been operating my school and think-tank for teachers of the martial arts --called The 100.

FYI, The 100. was founded based on a correspondence I once had with Ms. Rosa Parks. I had written her a letter and she responded with a 2 page hand-written letter --and, well, it (further) endeared me to her (of course!). One day a few years later I was thinking about her --and wondering if I might ever do something as important as her simple act of protest and I thought, no, I probably wouldn't or couldn't. But I imagined that 100 martial arts teachers, life-timers, might; 100 of us might, given the right subject and good timing, stand up for things that would make our collective efforts something akin to Ms. Rosa's. We haven't managed it yet, but that's the spirit my current work was started with.

We have, however, managed to bring some fine ideas and projects to the table, projects involving anger management, environmental self-defense, community activism, teen suicide prevention, dietary self-defense, bully prevention education, and other non-combative education-based subjects. We stand collectively, I believe, for truth in advertising, transparent pricing, and ethical, sane, and sustainable business practices in the martial arts community.

As for Mr. Avellon (sp?), well, I don't really know who he is (beyond his posts and advertising), what he's done of any significance, or what's wrong with him, but his letters to me have asked if I was retarded, asked me if I was going to continue to carry on like a little girl, and other such bullying tactics --and when I forwarded them to Lloyd to suggest he teach his young student some manners, I got a 30 minute ranting phone call from Lloyd that ended my faith in his coaching, my respect for his intellect, and any desire to cultivate a relationship --on any level --with the man. It was very strange, to say the least (but not half as strange as the sad and thuggish letters I received from MA).

And all of this occurred before all of this other sad nonsense revealed itself. After the rapes and hearing that Keenan's house was broken into by the SWAT team in full riot gear and that Keenan was pushed to the ground, handcuffed, that guns were pointed at him, and that he was taken to jail for questioning, I wanted my son out of there. Keenan told us those two boys who raped that poor girl bragged about it and had taken video on one or more of their cell phones. At that point, I went into full protection mode --and went public with our family's feelings about the disgusting, troubling, and crazy goings on there in MD.

These guys don't need my help in destroying their own reputations or revealing to us what sits behind their work. They're doing a fine job at telling us who they are and what they stand for. It's sad and it's very bad for the martial arts community. I regret, now, engaging with competitive BJJ and introducing my son to this sort of thinking and depravity. BJ Penn is my friend, a former student and training partner, and a teacher of mine, and despite his complete immersion in fight culture, he has managed to retain his integrity, to stand up as a role model of effort and community involvement, and even in defeat, he has carried himself like a champion. I can't say the same for these morally questionable young "instructor-thugs."

That they almost all represent themselves, thru products and hype, as things they are (obviously) anything but, that they have so poorly handled this entire tragedy, that they have engaged in so much stomach churning misogyny and even attacked my daughter's stand on rape and concern for her brother, well, its all becoming quite laughable, I think.

Keenan is a smart young man, raised well, and conscientious about his practice. I don't want to see this collective lack of character and intelligence stain him as he proceeds with his martial arts and life journey. I also recognize that, until things went so bad, they didn't seem "that" bad, but now, knowing what we all know, how can we sit idle and not expect the men and women bright enough to recognize what's going on and to see who is driving the bus, to look for greener pastures?

I still find it hard to believe this has all happened. The only benefit to anyone in all of this mess is what it's taught us, through the revealing behavior of their "team," what this organization is, apparently, constructed of. Shame.

I offer praise to my brave daughter, Chloe, for speaking up, publicly. I'd like to see 1000 more women/men step up and set the record straight about what rape is --and why we don't keep it quiet, tolerate it, or support those who commit it.

1/16/13 7:42 AM
6ULDV8

His second post:

tomcallos - Hey, fellow forum participants, I am compelled to make one more statement before going to dinner and pushing a little more of this nastiness out of my/our lives:

If this whole affair disgusts or in any way troubles you, tomorrow morning call your local rape-crises center and offer to volunteer --in whatever capacity they might need volunteers for. Let's stop trashing --and start helping. 

There are only a handful, I believe, of martial arts schools --or for that matter, sensei, in the nation who genuinely understand and TEACH rape prevention to any degree that makes sense or really might make a difference. But we could do it. All of us could. 

Step # 1 is do the research. Talk to people who understand rape and work on behalf of prevention in your community. Use this tragedy to launch our communities most massive, important, non-commercial, grass-roots movement to bring the martial arts world up to speed on the issues.

Seek out and post the contact info for men and women who have already done their homework --and activists working in the world on behalf of the rights of others. This time next year, let's have many of you sitting at the table in your community with the other committed, educated, proactive, passionate teachers working on rape prevention --so we don't have to deal with so much therapy after-the-fact. 

And please, rape prevention is, as I understand it, only 10% or less physical technique. Your rape prevention should not be made up, only, of what to do when confronted with a physical assault. There's more to it. 

Let's make the rape of these women stand for something, so that their shame and pain becomes the catalyst for a landmark educational effort on behalf of any community we happen to live in. That would turn all of this bullshit into something we can make sense of. 
Tom Callos

Keenan has a pretty awesome dad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.