UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Looking for Ammy Kickboxers in Northwest

1/14/13 3:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

LOOKING FOR KICKBOXERS! For Feb 2nd - 'Smoker style'! Headgear, shinpads, big gloves,have a bunch of new guys and have a bunch of experienced guys looking for matches at FAMMA 6 Feb 2nd in Vancouver WA

Anyone interested post here or PM me 

1/14/13 3:54 PM
RickStorm
1883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The event is being held at Fisticuffs gym in Vancouver

1/14/13 3:55 PM
The Sauce
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Calgary too far? Phone Post
1/14/13 4:06 PM
RickStorm

That would be up to you.. but thats a long drive for 3x3 rounds =)

Thats Vancouver Washington USA

1/15/13 10:39 AM
RickStorm

Edited: 01/15/13 10:46 AM

No one so far...

Looking for weights
170 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 kickboxer but 1-0 MMA
155 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-1 kickboxer but 2-2 MMA
135 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 New
170 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 New

155 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 Kickboxing 1-0 MMA 17 year old, prefer 16-18 Years old only please. 

HWT Pound KICKBOXING vs a bad ass kickboxer and MMA star Anthony McDonald

160 Pound MMA for a tough but out of the loop 2-3 MMA kid
135 Pound MMA for a 0-1 No formal training MMA kid (very green guys only 15-17 years old please)

1/15/13 11:02 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/21/13 2:17 PM
RickStorm

Edited: 01/21/13 2:18 PM

THERE IS STILL TIME to get in and get your kickboxing on at the FAMMA6 show in Vancouver WA on FEB 2nd! Still quite a few guys to match up with ALL experience levels! This will be a MIXED MMA and Kickboxing show in an all ages venue! Have FUN, get EXPERIENCE and throw some bolo's! Let me know if you want on! Looking for matches for:

180# 3-0 Kickboxing 
125# 1-0 Kickboxing 
160# 4-1 MMA 1-0 Kickboxing that wants to Kickbox 
155# 1-0 MMA 0-0 Kickboxing kid that wants to Kickbox. 
117-120 Pound 1-0 Kickboxing GIRL that wants to kickbox another GIRL

..and still a few MMA guys to match up.. let me know

1/21/13 2:37 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm heading back up to live in Tigard and will most likely start training again at The Source Academy. OMA is my original school but I've heard Shaun is staying away from working on MT for competitions and the price has one up. By the end of summer, I should be good to go for some smokers.

Are there on-going events throughout the year in Portland?
1/21/13 2:37 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are there a lot of HW opportunities?
1/21/13 2:38 PM
RickStorm

Edited: 01/21/13 2:39 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO - I'm heading back up to live in Tigard and will most likely start training again at The Source Academy. OMA is my original school but I've heard Shaun is staying away from working on MT for competitions and the price has one up. By the end of summer, I should be good to go for some smokers.

Are there on-going events throughout the year in Portland?

There sure is.. When you moving here?

and yes also to all weight division =)

1/21/13 2:43 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO

I'm looking for a place right now but will be up by the summer for sure.

I'm in. Trying to have 4 fight next year and 2 this year hopefully
1/21/13 2:47 PM
RickStorm

Edited: 01/21/13 2:47 PM

Awesome! Contact me when you get here and I'll set you up!

My email is rick@rickstorm.com but the best way to get ahold of me is right here on the UG =)

1/21/13 3:03 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to buy some advertising space on rickstorm.com.

1/21/13 3:30 PM
RickStorm

Bisping got KOd by Jesus - 

I would like to buy some advertising space on rickstorm.com.

When I get the website done I'll sell ya some space lol

1/21/13 5:12 PM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

No one so far...

Looking for weights
170 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 kickboxer but 1-0 MMA
155 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-1 kickboxer but 2-2 MMA
135 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 New
170 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 New

155 Pound KICKBOXING vs a 0-0 Kickboxing 1-0 MMA 17 year old, prefer 16-18 Years old only please. 

HWT Pound KICKBOXING vs a bad ass kickboxer and MMA star Anthony McDonald

160 Pound MMA for a tough but out of the loop 2-3 MMA kid
135 Pound MMA for a 0-1 No formal training MMA kid (very green guys only 15-17 years old please)

We've got a couple of 135lb kids but they have quite a few Muay Thai fights.

Muay Thai rules or kickboxing rules?

Also if you are looking for youth MMA fighters let me know I might be able to help.

1/21/13 5:43 PM
RickStorm

It is kickboxing smoker rules, so full headgear, shinpads and big gloves, 3 2min rounds or for advanced guys 3 3min rounds...

1/21/13 5:47 PM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

It is kickboxing smoker rules, so full headgear, shinpads and big gloves, 3 2min rounds or for advanced guys 3 3min rounds...

Same for MMA?

1/21/13 5:47 PM
RickStorm

Sent you a friends request so I remember your name in the future

Thank you

1/21/13 5:48 PM
RickStorm

I have a youth MMA kid, 14 years old 100 pounds 1-0 in MMA.. is very good at boxing but semi new to the jitz game but not TOO new to the jitz game.. had fight of the night in FAMMA 2 I think it was

1/21/13 5:50 PM
RickStorm

spartancs - 
RickStorm - 

Same for MMA?

MMA are 3x3min rounds not all the gear but this is in WA and Jan 1st the rules changed

1/21/13 5:54 PM
spartancs

RickStorm - 

I have a youth MMA kid, 14 years old 100 pounds 1-0 in MMA.. is very good at boxing but semi new to the jitz game but not TOO new to the jitz game.. had fight of the night in FAMMA 2 I think it was

We have a 100lb 14yr old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thgLN0qhxWM&feature=share

1/21/13 5:59 PM
RickStorm

Spartancs... Check your PM please =)

More information and an email for you

Thanks again!!

1/21/13 6:03 PM
TrentStanding
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIG Thanks to Rick for posting this!

I am looking for kickboxers and MMA guys to fill some spots on a Feb 2nd card in Vancouver WA, USA.

Travel is not being paid so looking for some semi-close guys!

We are doing BOTH a Kickboxing Smoker (shin pads, headgear, 14oz gloves) and MMA! Washington now requires we use 6oz gloves for MMA (I KNOW THIS SUCKS, IM SORRY!!) and we have loaner gloves for you to wear, AND Shinpads with an instep on them (the kick plate that goes over your foot).. Thats the down side, the upside is you dont really notice any of these shitty gear and it takes very little off the impact of the punch and the shinpads really do nothing but protect the shins..

It is a family friendly all ages atmosphere.. I try to keep it clean for the kids and upbeat and FUN- Ammys is about a learning experience not being a badass and beating the shit out of people and doing the 'grave digger' in the cage after the fight.. If you want to do that kinda thing I can direct you to the FCFF where the top tier guys go in the FCFF to fight.

Let me know at trentthesandman@hotmail.com and shoot me your stats, or go to my website at www.splitdecisionmma.com and on the final tab on the top right is FIGHTER APPLICATON and fill that out and I'll get back to you!

Thanks agian guys!
1/21/13 6:20 PM
spartancs

TrentStanding - BIG Thanks to Rick for posting this!

I am looking for kickboxers and MMA guys to fill some spots on a Feb 2nd card in Vancouver WA, USA.

Travel is not being paid so looking for some semi-close guys!

We are doing BOTH a Kickboxing Smoker (shin pads, headgear, 14oz gloves) and MMA! Washington now requires we use 6oz gloves for MMA (I KNOW THIS SUCKS, IM SORRY!!) and we have loaner gloves for you to wear, AND Shinpads with an instep on them (the kick plate that goes over your foot).. Thats the down side, the upside is you dont really notice any of these shitty gear and it takes very little off the impact of the punch and the shinpads really do nothing but protect the shins..

It is a family friendly all ages atmosphere.. I try to keep it clean for the kids and upbeat and FUN- Ammys is about a learning experience not being a badass and beating the shit out of people and doing the 'grave digger' in the cage after the fight.. If you want to do that kinda thing I can direct you to the FCFF where the top tier guys go in the FCFF to fight.

Let me know at trentthesandman@hotmail.com and shoot me your stats, or go to my website at www.splitdecisionmma.com and on the final tab on the top right is FIGHTER APPLICATON and fill that out and I'll get back to you!

Thanks agian guys!

If you have well rounded youth ( 12 -19 ) MMA competitors you might want to check out FILA Pankration and the USFL at fightleague.org.

In 2011 we took a team from the US to Tamasi Hungary for the FILA Cadet/Jr World Chamionships.  We took 3rd in ammy MMA behind Russia and Ukraine.  Awesome experience.

The next big open tourney near you is the California State Open Championships, which will draw internationally competitive talent.  It will be held in Sacramento Ca, on April 13th.  That event will be for age 5 to 15.

1/21/13 7:06 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/13 7:06 PM
I wanted to make a joke about Rick prefering 16-18 year olds....but instead will ask a couple friends if they are interested. Where in Vantucky is the venue?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.