UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anyone else want to see Waylon Lowe vs Kawajiri?

1/14/13 5:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With Kawajiri fighting at 145 now, I was trying to figure out who would be a good next opponent for him. Waylon is also competing at featherweight now.

This would be an awesome fight in Dream or One FC, however Waylon is signed to World Series of Fighting and been on the shelf for about a year. Should this fight go down in Vegas under WSoF or should they "lend" him to Dream for a night to fight Kawa in Japan?
1/14/13 5:08 PM
Card
2031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Waylon Lowe

1/14/13 5:12 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have to stay neutral for this one. Kawa is one of my all time favs. Waylon is my boy and will be a surprise guest coach for a night at my lil' bro's high school wrestling practice sometime in the coming weeks.
1/14/13 5:27 PM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Waylon. He's really making a name for himself after the beating he gave me! To this day, I still think of him as a mini pony that was dropping hooves on my head for five minutes.

Seems like he's kind of hit his stride and we can probably expect to see him do pretty well in the future. 145 should fit him much better, too, as he isn't very tall and I think the height/reach was a detriment at 55.

Good luck to him.
1/14/13 5:58 PM
Titanium Rhino

Santino DeFranco - Good for Waylon. He's really making a name for himself after the beating he gave me! To this day, I still think of him as a mini pony that was dropping hooves on my head for five minutes.

Seems like he's kind of hit his stride and we can probably expect to see him do pretty well in the future. 145 should fit him much better, too, as he isn't very tall and I think the height/reach was a detriment at 55.

Good luck to him.

Awesome, he will be happy to hear you said this.
1/14/13 9:17 PM
Titanium Rhino

TTT
1/14/13 10:17 PM
Titanium Rhino

Please help keep this thread running so we can get some attention to this very possible fight. Two featherweight juggernaut wrestlers that like to stand and throw.
1/14/13 10:26 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think that's a very close fight at all.

Kawajiri has top 10 skills at 145, Waylon does not. Kawajiri takes that fight.
1/14/13 10:42 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylon just fought in May and beat the absolute piss out of his opponent. Seemed like a natural at the weight class. When I spoke with him before the event, he told me for the first time in his career; he felt like he'd have a weight advantage over his opponents.

Waylon's good people. Sign me up for this... I wanna see him get this fight.
1/14/13 11:00 PM
Titanium Rhino

Waylon's wrestling skills are absolutely insane, better than Kawa's even. On the feet, I would give it to Kawa but we all know it will hit the mat at some point and that's when it will get interesting because Kawa is no chump when it comes to wrestling.
1/15/13 1:31 PM
Titanium Rhino

Gator Choke - Waylon just fought in May and beat the absolute piss out of his opponent. Seemed like a natural at the weight class. When I spoke with him before the event, he told me for the first time in his career; he felt like he'd have a weight advantage over his opponents.

Waylon's good people. Sign me up for this... I wanna see him get this fight.

He is a juggernaut at 145!
1/15/13 5:04 PM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Waylon have management?
1/15/13 5:09 PM
Titanium Rhino

Santino DeFranco - Does Waylon have management?

Yes, I was trying to get him to come join my stable so I could try more efficiently to get him the Kawajiri fight but he is already with a reputable manager and I don't like to step on any toes.
1/15/13 5:13 PM
Titanium Rhino

...so now I'm trying to get some attention to this matchup with plain ole journalism. lol
1/15/13 5:15 PM
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there are very few people who will beat kawajiri at fw
1/15/13 5:23 PM
Titanium Rhino

Neil McCauley - there are very few people who will beat kawajiri at fw

Outside the UFC, yes. I believe Waylon could beat him but it is actually a pretty evenly matched fight so I wouldn't even try to predict the outcome. Their strengths and weaknesses are so similar.
1/15/13 8:09 PM
Neil McCauley

Titanium Rhino - 

Outside the UFC, yes. I believe Waylon could beat him but it is actually a pretty evenly matched fight so I wouldn't even try to predict the outcome. Their strengths and weaknesses are so similar.

I think kawajiri would put waylon on his back despite waylon beating a good wrestler and kawajiri would probably hit an arm triangle. That or they would spend the fight striking and scrambling like the first melendez fight. I see kawajiri getting thte better of him there too. I also think kawajiri could beat any of the ufc fw's too. One of the best 155ers for years and finally fighting guys his size now. I think you might be a little biased thinking waylon would hang.
1/15/13 8:57 PM
Titanium Rhino

Neil McCauley - 
Titanium Rhino - 

I think kawajiri would put waylon on his back despite waylon beating a good wrestler and kawajiri would probably hit an arm triangle. That or they would spend the fight striking and scrambling like the first melendez fight. I see kawajiri getting thte better of him there too. I also think kawajiri could beat any of the ufc fw's too. One of the best 155ers for years and finally fighting guys his size now. I think you might be a little biased thinking waylon would hang.

No, Kawajiri is one of my all time favs, and I've even interviewed him a few times. I think he would wreck shop at 145 in the UFC! Kawajiri vs Aldo, Edgar, Swanson, Korean Zombie, Lamas, Koch are all insane matchups.

Waylon is from my hometown and we have become somewhat friends. As a journalist, I'm supposed to remain neutral anyways, so a fight like this just makes my job easier as I can just sit back and enjoy the fight just hoping the best man will win.

I'm giving my total unbiased opinion. Remember, Waylon fought successfully at 155 in the UFC and like Kawa is at his more natural weight now and still solid, just like Kawa.
1/15/13 11:17 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think there is anybody outside of the UFC that beats Kawajiri at 145.
1/16/13 3:25 PM
Neil McCauley

Titanium Rhino - 
Neil McCauley - 
Titanium Rhino - 

No, Kawajiri is one of my all time favs, and I've even interviewed him a few times. I think he would wreck shop at 145 in the UFC! Kawajiri vs Aldo, Edgar, Swanson, Korean Zombie, Lamas, Koch are all insane matchups.

Waylon is from my hometown and we have become somewhat friends. As a journalist, I'm supposed to remain neutral anyways, so a fight like this just makes my job easier as I can just sit back and enjoy the fight just hoping the best man will win.

I'm giving my total unbiased opinion. Remember, Waylon fought successfully at 155 in the UFC and like Kawa is at his more natural weight now and still solid, just like Kawa.

you know what, i had a peep at waylons record and forgot about his fight with lentz. I recall him beating lentz up for 2 rounds before gettting caught in the gulotine in the 3rd. lentz is a good fight and solid wrestler. Waylon would put up a better fight than I had previous said.
1/16/13 3:53 PM
Santino DeFranco

Waylon is also a 3x or 4x national champ wrestler (I think d2).
1/16/13 4:12 PM
vengence
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it would b a fun fight to see waylon in.
1/16/13 4:57 PM
Titanium Rhino

Santino DeFranco - Waylon is also a 3x or 4x national champ wrestler (I think d2).

Yessir! He's going to pop in on my lil bro's high school wrestling team practice and work out with them and show them some cool tricks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.