UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why did Ryan Hall leave Lloyd Irvin?

1/15/13 11:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hmb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sound like Ryan got the short end of the stick...
1/15/13 11:28 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you're telling me they aren't tight at all?

Like throwing a hotdog down a Ryan Hall-way?

1/15/13 11:33 AM
Rear Naked Chode
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Rear naked poke?

*runs*

Cindy

Ummmmmm...........
1/15/13 11:43 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Ryan is a great guy. I trained with him in Arlington at Jeff Ruth's place.

1/15/13 11:48 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 11:48 AM

wrong thread

1/15/13 12:03 PM
quick
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty poor taste to make those types of jokes when we actually have two young ladies that were raped.
1/15/13 12:09 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel really terrible for laughing so hard at the humor in this thread.
I'd normally tell you guys to stop, but.... oh, never mind.
1/15/13 1:06 PM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan, Mike Fowler and Tracey Goodell have all left Lloyd for personal reasons. They are also three of the most genuine, down-to-earth and selfless people I've met in jiu jitsu.

Lloyd's constant marketing and hyperbole has to wear on people conscious of it.

Mike and Tracey run a non-profit jiu jitsu school in the North Shore. Ryan runs 5050 and is taking a run at MMA. They're all in better places than if they were still under Lloyd.
1/15/13 3:32 PM
hmb

I agree, RAPE IS NOT A JOKE. What is happneing in India sickens me everyday I see the headlines. I wish death for those men.

BUT

I cannot protect the world from atrocities. No one can. I can make light hearted jokes and laugh no matter how bad things are.

I hope this never happens to anyone again. I hope this girl finds a way to recover and find peace in life. I hope Lloyd loses a ton of business and these two thugs he trained are raped all day everyday in prison.
1/15/13 3:39 PM
VegasBlack

From someone in the know, let's just say the two parties involved didn't see eye to eye on certain business matters.
1/15/13 5:12 PM
Handsome Jack
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mike and Tracey run a non-profit jiu jitsu school in the North Shore. Ryan runs 5050 and is taking a run at MMA. They're all in better places than if they were still under Lloyd."

"Ryan runs 5050 and is taking a run at MMA. They're all in better places than if they were still under Lloyd."

"They're all in better places than if they were still under Lloyd."

"UNDER LLOYD."
1/15/13 9:52 PM
mdavid01
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why are mods removing all the irvin threads? I am surprised by this...
1/15/13 9:59 PM
Nasiello

mdavid01 - why are mods removing all the irvin threads? I am surprised by this...

The fact that half this thread has turned into rape jokes doesn't explain it?
1/15/13 10:02 PM
D241
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My God this Cindy O!!!! So on point the past 2 days. I hope she stays this way :)

1/15/13 10:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mdavid01 - why are mods removing all the irvin threads? I am surprised by this...
Supposedly it's one mod that's a big Lloyd Irvin supporter Phone Post
1/15/13 10:41 PM
TLM378
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MurdochIRL - Ryan, Mike Fowler and Tracey Goodell have all left Lloyd for personal reasons. They are also three of the most genuine, down-to-earth and selfless people I've met in jiu jitsu.

Lloyd's constant marketing and hyperbole has to wear on people conscious of it.

Mike and Tracey run a non-profit jiu jitsu school in the North Shore. Ryan runs 5050 and is taking a run at MMA. They're all in better places than if they were still under Lloyd.

The story I heard was that Tracey wanted to live on the west coast, if not Hawaii. Mike wanted to start competing again so he joined his current team. He talked to Lloyd prior to the jump.
1/16/13 4:10 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that we should leave the jokes alone for the moment. They all seem to be too obvious, to boot ;-)

Ryan's gym is awesome! And I love how analytical he is when it comes to BJJ, he even mentions physics and kinesiology when it comes to spine alignment and leverage. good stuff! 

1/16/13 4:59 PM
I miss long pants souwer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walnuts - I heard it wasn't consensual and that he was forced to leave.
MASTERful post Phone Post
1/16/13 6:05 PM
TylerA

So, in one thread, everyone is calling for Lloyd Irvin's head, then another one everyone is making 'rape' jokes involving his name? Really? And some of the same people too, I'm sure...

I don't find any of it very funny, given the circumstances... but whatever. Nothing I can do about it.

I've heard a few times that the Ryan Hall-Lloyd Irvin split was over money, and it seems like the most logical thing. Lloyd was probably making a lot of money off of Ryan, and Ryan realized that he could be making this money on his own.
1/16/13 6:09 PM
GracieFighter250

Ryan Hall. Great dude
1/16/13 6:46 PM
Tom Lawlor
503 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GracieFighter250 - Ryan Hall. Great dude
Agreed! Phone Post
1/16/13 6:56 PM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan left over a lot more than money. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:21 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan was never tight with Lloyd.

Ryangle is a great guy.

That guy could fuck your wife in front of you and you'd wind up apologizing for coming home top early and without calling.

He isn't nice in the manipulative, bullshit way but rather is just honest and decent.

Many guys with less talent have far bigger egos and that's indeed something I took away from having met him. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:27 PM
SpiderRicco

It must have been very difficult for ryan to leave his teammates behind.

1/16/13 10:31 PM
shinbang

SpiderRicco - It must have been very difficult for ryan to leave his teammates behind.

Not sure if that's funny or not

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.