UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor Belfort: A brawler, not a boxer

1/16/13 4:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Il Duce
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love this stuff. I read every one. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:56 PM
samcarr6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta be at every slack party Phone Post
1/16/13 7:59 PM
enbanc

ttt
1/16/13 9:26 PM
irishrottie
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why was my post deleted?

1/16/13 9:47 PM
TaeKwonBendoTopTeam623

Are you actually a fighter?or some blogger? Phone Post
1/16/13 10:07 PM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good read, a bit harsh. He might brawl at times, but it's unfair to just call him a brawler. His technique is a lot better than most, even if he neglects it in favor of his flurry.

I just think it works for him, hasn't he finished every single one of his UFC wins?

You mention Fedor, but it seems to me the last couple of years he's basically a brawler too?

And Pearson? C'mon man... Phone Post
1/20/13 11:01 AM
enbanc

Tttt
1/20/13 11:14 AM
sniper1026

Edited: 01/20/13 11:31 AM
"his game lacks intelligent set ups and relies entirely on getting his punch in first through athleticism alone"

Dominick Cruz says different.

That high left round house was set up. The first round feeling out process gave Vitor enough info to try a high left round house again...based on footwork & Bisping's reaction to the first round attempt.(Check 3:48 of the first round AND 0:12 of the first round)

http://www.fightvideomma.com/2013/01/vitor-belfort-vs-michael-bisping-fight.html

I would say he is technical till it is time not to be so technical. Changing his levels in striking...

Good read btw!

1/20/13 11:39 AM
sniper1026

Edited: 01/20/13 11:40 AM
The high LRH in 0:12 of the first round that hurt Bisping was also set up with 2 round houses to the midsection.

Bisping was expecting a third round house to the body.
1/20/13 12:41 PM
Virginio

Can't be right about everything. Jack still gives us Phenom-enal reading material and excellent insight into the nuances of many of today's elite strikers. (See what I did there? Ba-dum-tssss!!)

Seriously though, Jackslack rocks. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:44 PM
Billyz
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

think Jack Slack was pretty spot on about how Vitor has fought in the past.
Can anyone disagree that Vitor fought slightly differently. For one thing he paced himself in the 1st. Secondly he was actively looking for set ups.
1/20/13 12:45 PM
Hikikomori

Rule_Abiding_Poster - LOL! one of the biggest EPIC FAIL's i have seen in quite some time.

There is a such thing as fighters getting better.
1/20/13 12:45 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's off by a long shot. Vitor has been using Karate and calculated shots for a few years now. I appreciate the work this guy puts into his stuff but it's 100% fantasy.

1/20/13 12:47 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sniper1026 - The high LRH in 0:12 of the first round that hurt Bisping was also set up with 2 round houses to the midsection.

I wasn't aware that boxers threw headkicks.

Nothing Vitor did last night discredited Jack's analysis here. He never suggested that Bisping would win, and Bisping was outboxing Vitor for most of the short fight.
1/20/13 12:48 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - 
sniper1026 - The high LRH in 0:12 of the first round that hurt Bisping was also set up with 2 round houses to the midsection.

I wasn't aware that boxers threw headkicks.

Nothing Vitor did last night discredited Jack's analysis here. He never suggested that Bisping would win, and Bisping was outboxing Vitor for most of the short fight.

Vitor is not a brawler and hasn't been once since the early days.

1/20/13 12:48 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

His boxing looked pretty on point. Jack u have some good insight but honestly your analysis goes too far sometimes. In the fight noone has the ability to break down the action on a frame by frame basis. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:49 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was most diverse and well rounded strinking I can remember Vitor showing.

1/20/13 12:52 PM
Hikikomori

Haters couldnt wait to run in and discredit Jack. LOL!

With success comes hate.

Keep doing what you do, Jack.
1/20/13 12:54 PM
inf0

Edited: 01/20/13 12:55 PM
Hikikomori - Haters couldnt wait to run in and discredit Jack. LOL!

With success comes hate.

HERP DERP

1/20/13 1:12 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 
Hikikomori - Haters couldnt wait to run in and discredit Jack. LOL!

With success comes hate.

HERP DERP

Jack has contributed far more in his one year here than you have in your 11 years here, info.
1/20/13 1:16 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"That high left round house was set up. The first round feeling out process gave Vitor enough info to try a high left round house again...based on footwork & Bisping's reaction to the first round attempt"

The first one was setup. Vitor threw a left hand before the kick wich made Bisping think another left straight was coming, thats why you see him slip right and go for a jab at the same time wich made him slip into the kick

But the 2nd kick had no setup. Vitor was defending for the last 20 seconds and didnt throw a single punch. Bisping for some reason just decided to circle right into his power. Given how fast he is, Vitor managed to land the kick without a setup
1/20/13 1:19 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Gokudamus stole my name - "That high left round house was set up. The first round feeling out process gave Vitor enough info to try a high left round house again...based on footwork & Bisping's reaction to the first round attempt"

The first one was setup. Vitor threw a left hand before the kick wich made Bisping think another left straight was coming, thats why you see him slip right and go for a jab at the same time wich made him slip into the kick

But the 2nd kick had no setup. Vitor was defending for the last 20 seconds and didnt throw a single punch. Bisping for some reason just decided to circle right into his power. Given how fast he is, Vitor managed to land the kick without a setup

it was set up in terms of throwing hard body kicks earlier on that bisbing didnt like and reacted to

1/20/13 1:26 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Gokudamus stole my name - "That high left round house was set up. The first round feeling out process gave Vitor enough info to try a high left round house again...based on footwork & Bisping's reaction to the first round attempt"

it was set up in terms of throwing hard body kicks earlier on that bisbing didnt like and reacted to

You are correct. I hadnt looked at the replay yet, you can see Bisping drop his right hand to try and catch the left kick

Disregard everything i said
1/20/13 1:43 PM
flip_guard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor looked really good and you can tell that he started getting really confident and felt that he can see and deal with anything that Bisping has and started becoming more offensive rather than defensive. When you see this, you know Vitor is on and most likely to finish his opponent. Vitor looked technically sound and did not just relied on his speed but speed he has along with some good technique and Vitor is dangerous. Phone Post
1/20/13 1:56 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

You are correct. I hadnt looked at the replay yet, you can see Bisping drop his right hand to try and catch the left kick

Disregard everything i said

It did look like Vitor faked going low then went high and of course, yeah, he has that speed to make it happen. He did throw a number of body kicks coming up to that too like OKMBTG mentioned.

Btw, lol at a thread between "Gokudamus Stole My Name" and "Orcus Knows MMA Better than Goku." ;p

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.