UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dream Match rarely discussed - Couture v Anderson?

1/15/13 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - I think OP raises a good point.

Chael basically lost both of his fights because he diverged from his winning strategy and got fancy or sloppy.

Randy was better i the clinch, tireless in the grind, and used half guard from top position.

If the Randy who fought and beat Chuck was around today it would be one hell of a fight.
Agreed.

I see anderson catching him on the way in or in the clinch, but randy would have a very legit chance at grinding out a decision. Phone Post
1/15/13 5:56 PM
Galanis
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

1/15/13 8:44 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy's clinch, pressure, and non stop grind would be tuff on Andy. Big Nog at heavyweight couldn't submit randy. Not say randy cant be submitted, just that its gonna be damn hard. His posture and control is better than chaels, he has a better clinch than hendo, and he has an amazing will to win. Chael would have tapped in the positions randy was in with nog. However, the longer randy stays at distance, the easier it gets for Anderson to time him. Closing the distance will get more and more dangerous. I would have loved to have seen that fight. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:06 PM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prime Randy has a good style to counter Silvas.Of course Silva could catch him coming in but I would have loved to have see how the clinch game played out with them.Randy was a master at game planning and sticking to it.I could definetely see him putting Silva against the cage, roughing him up with some dirty boxing and taking him down and grinding out a decision. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:51 PM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting proposition OP. I think prime Randy had the wall and stall game to beat Andy. Would be a very boring, ugly fight, but of anybody I think prime Randy could grind out a win. The only problem is if Randy attempted ANY sort of standup or tried to own the distance.
1/15/13 11:54 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would go the same as the Hendo fight. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:01 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson would have no answer for Randy's half guard. Best half guard in the game! Phone Post
1/16/13 12:04 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RTARDO - RC isnt half the boxeer chael is. But rc would win to my bemusement.

I'd go so far as to say that Randy is TWICE the boxer that Chael is.
1/16/13 12:06 AM
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cue up handy's fight with Machida

c'mon son

1/16/13 12:28 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

cue up handy's fight with Machida

c'mon son

Machida has much better TDD than Silva has shown and Randy was far past his prime in that fight come on now... Phone Post
1/16/13 1:39 AM
RayRaysFunhouse
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've thought about this fight before, and I think Randy is his prime could hold his own against Anderson. Silva is my favorite fighter, bar none, and the best fighter in the UFC (maybe ever) but Randy had excellent game plans, decent boxing, and would grind Anderson against the cage for possibly the whole fight.
It would either end in a Silva KO, or Randy by decision, IMO. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:45 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft -

I'd say we see a repeat of the Machida fight.

Came to post this Phone Post
1/16/13 4:38 PM
Galanis
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are some really good posts in this thread, seems the general consensus is Randy gets TKO'd or maybe wins a decision

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.