UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: "I'm sponsored by Reebok, UFC wont"

1/16/13 8:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
it's my understanding that he can in fact use his likeness, but they can continue to use it as well. Dan is a prime example, he was billed as "former World Champion", rather than "former UFC Champion".

As for the video game, I believe that deal was a "lifetime" deal, preventing him from ever being in any other games without permission.

If someone knows anything I stated to be false, please share. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:45 AM
lifeaftrprison
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - it's my understanding that he can in fact use his likeness, but they can continue to use it as well. Dan is a prime example, he was billed as "former World Champion", rather than "former UFC Champion".

As for the video game, I believe that deal was a "lifetime" deal, preventing him from ever being in any other games without permission.

If someone knows anything I stated to be false, please share. Phone Post
That's what I was under the impression of as well. It's gonna be interesting to see how any of this is handled. He will push the legality of it I'm sure. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:55 AM
pegson123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whaaaa Phone Post
1/16/13 11:15 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'd be great if Rampage knocks out Glover.

1. For the implosion here.

2. To give Dana a Lombard-Boetsch moment and allow Rampage to have a Kenny Powers moment on FOX.

I recall as a fan being pissed that Dana bailed Rampage out after his adventure.

It would serve him right for it to end with Rampage running things over like a jacked up truck on no sleep and Red Bull. Phone Post
1/16/13 11:57 AM
zazen br

He won't care about money or sponsorships when Glover is battering him all over the cage or ground and pounding him like a kid.
1/16/13 12:59 PM
E55 Pilot

Is the UFC fee still 10k?
1/16/13 1:05 PM
lifeaftrprison
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone sure is counting Rampage out in this fight. I haven't seen enough of Glover to think it will be a walk over. Hopefully we get a good fight. Phone Post
1/16/13 1:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - It'd be great if Rampage knocks out Glover.

1. For the implosion here.

2. To give Dana a Lombard-Boetsch moment and allow Rampage to have a Kenny Powers moment on FOX.

I recall as a fan being pissed that Dana bailed Rampage out after his adventure.

It would serve him right for it to end with Rampage running things over like a jacked up truck on no sleep and Red Bull. Phone Post
This post is all over the place anyways. Do you just want chaos? Phone Post
1/16/13 4:14 PM
Rock Ortiz

Some of you will be silenced soon. Why all the rampage hate? Yeah he complains a lot, yeah he hasn't finished anyone recently..but the dude brings it every time. Hopefully it will be a great fight.
1/17/13 2:02 AM
Larry The Legend

Glover Via Murder
1/17/13 3:03 PM
Ruthless Rye
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage should be sponsored by the day after pill.
1/18/13 9:43 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

Ruthless Rye - Rampage should be sponsored by the day after pill.

wow are u ever a faggot
1/18/13 10:08 AM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tattoo
1/18/13 10:35 AM
Publicnoose

yellow wrkahlc -

I'm willing to bet it's simply because Zuffa wants their athletes to be covered in Nike sponsorships, not a competing brand name on the same plane like Reebok or Adidas.

I understand it, it's a business move. Seriously doubt Reebok couldn't pay the fee to be featured on television sponsoring their fighters.

What about under amour and GSP's deal Phone Post
1/23/13 8:50 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - 
12SixElbow - 
sgotwalks - 
12SixElbow - 

The UFC is working with Nike... So, no reebok or adidas.

Is the UFC working with Nike? I realize Nikey has sponsored Jones, but do they also sponsor the UFC directly? I haven't spotted Nike logos on the canvas or cage yet...........not saying they don't, I am just asking, because if they in fact do not sponsor the UFC like Bud Lite and Harley Davidson do, then there is zero conflict between Nike and Reebok both sponsoring fighters.

It seems pretty obvious to me.

You don't see fighters getting sponsored by Victory Motorcycles do you?

Or by Coors Light? The UFC isn't going to let the big guys advertising get conflicted with.

I assume since they sponsor several UFC fighters, that they are working with the UFC in some aspect.

Why else would the UFC care about Reebok?

Something is missing from this conjecture. If they do not sponsor the UFC directly then there is no conflict. Tapout sponsors fighters..........does the UFC give a shit if Tapout's competitive brands sponsor different fighters? No. If Nike is no more than a Jon Jones sponsored brand, why would the UFC give a shit if Reebok sponsored a different fighter? 

Your analogy on Victory motorcycles is a moot point unless we know if in fact the UFC is sponsored by Nike directly. If not, then they should want as many of the big boy sponsors as they can get to dabble in fighter sponsorship, and hopefully wet their appetites so they will want to tie in to the organization at a higher level, hence a bidding war down the road.

So how do you feel now that Dana white has on video said thay the ufc will not approve Reebok.

The UFC is not officially sponsored by Nike, but they're definitely playing the game. You were wrong.

1/23/13 11:21 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
ObamaCare -
Cyril Jeff - 
ObamaCare -
Cyril Jeff - 
ObamaCare - 

and you're all getting worked up over a few words from ariel

no telling what else was said

could have easily been - Rampage -"yea man i got a deal with reebok but since they never paid the fees or got any clearance ffrom ufc, ufc aint letting me wear anything with their logo into the ring"

turns into: ariel "RAMPAGE SAID UFC WONT LET HIM WEAR HIS REEBOK STUFF"

turns into : UG - "rampage sucks i hope he loses, what an idiot"

uh, it was a direct quote.

survey says....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

try again

Try again what?

Did you listen to the Conference Call?
He said he was sponsored by Reebok and the UFC won't allow him to represent. Phone Post

you just dont understand bro, i cant help you

ObamaCare - 

"and you're all getting worked up over a few words from ariel

no telling what else was said"

half the people in this thread read the OP/tweet and immediately started trashing rampage.

i said everyone is getting wild over 1 tweet from ariel, and there is no telling what else was said

you say ariels tweet was a direct quote

it was not a direct quote, didnt even have quotations

and as i said, he said plenty more than just ufc wont let him wear his reebok

so, your reply to me saying everyone is bashing rampage over 1 tweet from ariel - "uh, it was a direct quote" - isnt even a valid response.

*crickets* *crickets* Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.