UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Places of solitude for prayer?

1/15/13 2:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
A.W.Ashford
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you pray do you go to a place that's completely quite? A room, the woods, mountains, desert, field, ect. Do you feel more connected in places of solitude? Just a random question. Phone Post
1/15/13 5:24 PM
gord96
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The less the distractions the better in my opinion for prayer. I don't really go to any special place, but I do like to find a room with no sounds (i.e. TV, music, etc). Although I find if you always wait for a quiet time and place to pray, you won't pray as much as you should so if there is no quiet place I will just pray anyways.
1/15/13 6:40 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 6:43 PM
Yes and no. At home, I typically pray early in the morning/late evening, in the living room while the Mrs. and my son are sleeping. That's also when I find my best time to digest some scripture. During my break time at work, I'll simply close my office door and pray/read my bible via YouVersion on my Droid (great bible reading application btw). Other times, I simply pray in my car on the way to work. I find these are times where I best connect w/God w/out the peripheral distractions.

I also find that when I go trail running, I'm able to pray while taking in everything, a very cathartic experience FWIW. Even with other runners/hikers/mountain bikers around, I really don't have too much distraction since I'm focused on running & prayer. I read an article some years ago that called this "moving meditation" where people can run & simultaneously pray.
1/17/13 2:28 PM
A.W.Ashford
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you both for the responses! Agreed, youversion is great! I tend to listen to the bible at work. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.