UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson sounds off on the UFC on conference call

1/15/13 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 3:34 PM

Quinton Jackson never shys away from telling the media what he thinks of you if you choose to fight him with a grappling orientated game plan.

Jackson said on today's conference call like he was almost aware of Glover Teixeira's game plan when it comes to fight day.

If I was to guess, I think it has something to do with a picture that was tweeted recently featuring Teixeira, Lyoto Machida and Chuck Liddell training at Blackhouse MMA in what looks like a grappling session.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x640.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x640.

"Glover is a guy who is just like everybody else, they say they are going to stand with me when most of his training camp is taking me down and fighting me on the ground just like the other guys. These cowards needs to do what they say they're going to do and stop trying to confuse me and have me training in other areas but I'm smarter than that now. Now I see his game plan."

Jackson also talked about his intentions to leave the UFC. When asked if it was linked with being matched up with wrestler-based fighters by UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, he responded:

"No, no, that's just one of the reasons. That's not the primary reason. I have a new reason now, I'm sponsored by Reebok now and the UFC said I'm not allowed to wear Reebok in the cage when other fighters are sponsored by Nike and stuff, why can't I have Reebok? Stupid stuff like that. It's not about money, it's about respect. I put my life on the line and they don't appreciate it."

The UFC - I can't wear Reebok which I think is illegal as well.

Jackson then revealed that the UFC tried to re-negotiate his contract.

They re-negotiated my contract but I didn't want it. I think that the UFC don't know how to treat their athletes. They're getting rich off all of us, we have injuries, surgies, some of these guys fight for $10,000, $20,000, that ain't right, man.

You can listen to the conference call here.

1/15/13 3:46 PM
awesomestprime
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QJ was funny and entertaining years ago. Now he seems bitter and hostile towards the world.
1/15/13 3:49 PM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The interesting thing about Rampage is that he's valuable to the UFC, but he thinks he can do better elsewhere. Maybe he'll be Bellator's first PPV, who knows. Hope he doesn't get injured when he is scheduled to fight next!

1/15/13 3:58 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His fight promotion has been pretty good in the UFC, but his fights have been very bad and been on a severe downward trend...if he leaves I think everyone benefits.

1/15/13 5:34 PM
DWray
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesomestprime - QJ was funny and entertaining years ago. Now he seems bitter and hostile towards the world.

This exactly it.

I wish him well in future endeavors, but I'll be glad when he's gone.
1/15/13 5:59 PM
CindyO

Cindy

1/15/13 6:05 PM
UGCTT croy_00
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's an idea. Rampage should train all aspects of MMA and be prepared for wherever the fight goes like a world class mixed martial artist.
1/15/13 6:08 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will be destitute in less than 10 years
1/15/13 6:10 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE?

1/15/13 6:24 PM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Cindy

^^^ THIS!
1/15/13 6:29 PM
xXJayRobXx
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Glover is a guy who is just like everybody else, they say they are going to stand with me when most of his training camp is taking me down and fighting me on the ground just like the other guys. These cowards needs to do what they say they're going to do and stop trying to confuse me and have me training in other areas but I'm smarter than that now. Now I see his game plan."

pffft, ITS MMA.
1/15/13 6:40 PM
Clarence Parents
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before Rampage wrestle fucks Glover instead.
1/15/13 8:27 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -

He's right. The UFC dosnt pay jack. They dont wanna pay Barnett 250K but Strikeforce will? Come on man. 

I hope Rampage does not re-sign and instead goes and signs with Bellator/TNA/Glory. Can you imagine that? Join King Mo at TNA and have them feud and then have them fight for real. Build a fake pro-rasslin story line and then bang it out in Bellator.

They should also aquire Josh Barnett since Zuffa dont want to pay him. Have him go to TNA and fight at Bellator. These guys are personalities. They are celebs. Bellator could very well market this right and profit heavilly $$$. I think Rampage knows this as well.

Zuffa knows this as well but I think Dana's ego is making the wrong choices.

Is there a link to recent failed negotiations between UFC and Barnett? Phone Post
1/15/13 8:48 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage has pretty much said he's going to Bellator ever since the Spike deal was announced, proving yet again what a moron he is. Spike wants him for name value but if he just says the right things he could have at least gotten enough of an offer from the UFC to up the value of his last career fight contract. This is the same thing Shields did which forced Strikeforce to not even make an offer, although I think Shields is probably a smart fighter who just spoke from emotion. Rampage however is an idiot and proves why some athletes and various celebrities need their handlers to be more than groupies like Tiki.
1/15/13 8:54 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grafzep - He will be destitute in less than 10 years

Unfortunately I think you could be right on this. Rampage is a UFC HOF & MMA legend, pioneer, one of the best LHW ever when he was at his best. He's really done a ton for the sport. But I don't think he has surrounded himself with the right people and that sucks. Hopefully Dana will be there for him again after Spike takes what's left of his career for a couple ratings spikes. He's the type of dude I can imagine ending his career on a couple really bad KOs from fights that he took just for the money and I really hope that doesn't happen.
1/15/13 8:54 PM
jasonhightower
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My message to Rampage...

1/16/13 8:06 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - 

He's right. The UFC dosnt pay jack. They dont wanna pay Barnett 250K but Strikeforce will? Come on man. 

I hope Rampage does not re-sign and instead goes and signs with Bellator/TNA/Glory. Can you imagine that? Join King Mo at TNA and have them feud and then have them fight for real. Build a fake pro-rasslin story line and then bang it out in Bellator.

They should also aquire Josh Barnett since Zuffa dont want to pay him. Have him go to TNA and fight at Bellator. These guys are personalities. They are celebs. Bellator could very well market this right and profit heavilly $$$. I think Rampage knows this as well.

Zuffa knows this as well but I think Dana's ego is making the wrong choices.

Rampage is also a big pro wrestling fan and expressed interest in a limited schedeule. 

I selfishly want Barnett in the UFC for all the 'what if' matchups

1/16/13 8:28 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would like to see him in oneFC Phone Post
1/16/13 8:32 AM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its complete BS if he cant wear Reebok to his fight
1/16/13 9:12 AM
sacredhate
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only been following mma since a chuck vs randy 1, mostly ufc although i got up to speed with Pride thanks to this place.

Rampage was a name in MMA then; I can remember fighters saying one strategy in interviews and then doing the exact opposite in the fight for as long as i've been around.

how is it that Rampage is only figuring this out now?
1/16/13 10:31 AM
The Sauce
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like real life - if your unhappy with your employer, go else where Phone Post
1/16/13 10:54 AM
pegson123

Jackson has not been worth half of what he is paid. He is the one getting rich off everyone else. Phone Post
1/16/13 11:08 AM
MMALOGIC

Rampage sounds like a typical Obama supporter who wants "stuff".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.