UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Mir loses to Cormier should he retire?

1/15/13 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Mir loses to Cormier should he retire?

I think if he has another perfomance like he did against JDS then it might be a good time to call it quits.
1/15/13 4:32 PM
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - Probably. He wouldn't really have anywhere to go as far as fighting goes. If he loses he should start announcing on the FX shows.

He did a great job with the WEC.
1/15/13 4:37 PM
battle777
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post
1/15/13 4:41 PM
The Mammoth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pulling for Mir.

Odd seeing as I've pretty much disliked him since Ian Freeman gave him an asswhupping back in the day - guess I don't like Cormiers attitude about assuming title shots against Jones etc.

Mir appears to be the underdog. So for the first time ever..... WAR MIR Phone Post
1/15/13 4:43 PM
Tap In
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO, I wont let him retire til he fights Barnett and Werdum
1/15/13 4:56 PM
Taz Styles

Tap In - NO, I wont let him retire til he fights Barnett and Werdum

They would both be great fights, I could see him beating Barnett on the feet but even if he did win one of these fights i don't see him ever being the champion again.
1/15/13 4:59 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he should. He looks pretty slow and sluggish in his fights now and doesn't have much of a chin left. He's got nothing left to prove.

Let him be an analyst or color commentator for the UFC. Kind of like Chael, when he's not trash talking he has very good insight. Phone Post
1/15/13 4:59 PM
Tap In
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 

They would both be great fights, I could see him beating Barnett on the feet but even if he did win one of these fights i don't see him ever being the champion again.

Agreed he most likely won't be champ, but nobody will that isn't named Cain or JDS for quite some time, they are worlds above everyone else.

Roy Nelson will never have the strap but in no way should he retire
1/15/13 5:02 PM
TheHaunted2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked good in the 2nd against junior, he got too cocky with the stand up thats all.

He's got a few good years in him yet if he uses the ground game more imo Phone Post
1/15/13 5:03 PM
LastRowCarl

Taz Styles -
Willy the Coyote - Probably. He wouldn't really have anywhere to go as far as fighting goes. If he loses he should start announcing on the FX shows.

He did great!

Frank Mir drops F-Bomb @wec44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wC1l4lxXc&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
1/15/13 5:08 PM
A.W.Ashford
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In - NO, I wont let him retire til he fights Barnett and Werdum
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS Phone Post
1/15/13 5:08 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I said he needed to retire after the JDS loss. Idiot fans here don't get it but if he's getting tko/ko'd every fight then he's gonna eventually end up with long term damage. Phone Post
1/15/13 5:09 PM
Masakyst
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him decide for himself. I'm sure he is fully aware of his current standing, the long term health effects, etc.

Nothing is more annoying on this forum than "fans" who always wish for fighters to retire.
1/15/13 5:12 PM
nolabrum
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO! what is it with you people wanting everybody to retire if they lose a few fights. Frank Mir is a top ten HW. On his best day he can beat anybody. He wins some and he has lost some. I am sure he has a group of people in his corner that can sit down with him and tell him when it's time to retire. Until then maybe just sit down and enjoy his fights.
1/15/13 5:13 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Big Nog can keep competing after his losses to Mir then why the heck should Mir quit after 2 straight losses?
1/15/13 5:14 PM
nolabrum
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  I said he needed to retire after the JDS loss. Idiot fans here don't get it but if he's getting tko/ko'd every fight then he's gonna eventually end up with long term damage. Phone Post

not to be a dick, but it almost seems like you are the Idiot fan.
1/15/13 5:14 PM
BigfootsChin
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - If Mir loses to Cormier should he retire?

I think if he has another perfomance like he did against JDS then it might be a good time to call it quits.
Phone Post
1/15/13 5:15 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl -
Taz Styles -

He did great!

Frank Mir drops F-Bomb @wec44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wC1l4lxXc&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
Even Lee Corso dropped an f bomb on ESPN once Phone Post
1/15/13 5:15 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to see Mir versus Barnett.

I realize at this point it's kind of like Chuck v Wand (should've happened years earlier).

But it's a fight I've wanted to see for a very long time. They're both still competing, both close in age... why not?
1/15/13 5:20 PM
Taz Styles

Tap In - 
Taz Styles - 

Agreed he most likely won't be champ, but nobody will that isn't named Cain or JDS for quite some time, they are worlds above everyone else.

Roy Nelson will never have the strap but in no way should he retire

I think Overeem and Werdum could be champions.

Mir has already changed his game up quite alot in the last few years with better striking and he bulked up but his chin seems to have gotten worse and he looks slower now.
1/15/13 5:35 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigfootsChin -
Taz Styles - If Mir loses to Cormier should he retire?

Phone Post
Hahahaha. My thoughts exactly Phone Post
1/15/13 5:36 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir can still beat any of the other heavyweights. I want to see Mir > Barnett Phone Post
1/15/13 5:40 PM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would he retire just because he isn't the best?

Yeah everybody has aspirations to be the best, and trains to be the best, but only 1 heavyweight can actually be the best.

He's still proven he's a top 10 heavyweight, but he's just not quite good enough to compete with the absolute best anymore.

If he loses that fight let him face a mid tier heavyweight to gauge where he's at imo.
1/15/13 5:52 PM
40oztofreedom
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's only 33 and he's won 3 of his last 4 fights over Nog and Nelson too. Sure he lost to JDS, but everyone thinks JDS is the greatest ever anyways so give him a break. I'm not counting him out, I'd love to see Mir sub Cormier. Phone Post
1/15/13 6:15 PM
And Wagners Cut

Noooooo, I never want my dearest Francisco Miranda to retire. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.