UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator on Spike Thursday

1/16/13 12:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So who all is gonna be there? UGers, I mean. Phone Post
1/16/13 8:44 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We going for 1 MILLION viewers Thursday night HPK!
1/16/13 9:40 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/16/13 9:40 AM
caposa
1649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - 10pm start time is a mistake. A lot of people., including myself, won't be able to watch on a Thursday at 10. Phone Post
Even though I have work at 4 am, I'm gonna tough it out this week. But yea, this time slot is going to be really rough. Gonna have to choose which cards are worth losing sleep over. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:41 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gunna have some tough nights caposa, the first 5 or so spike cards are really good!
1/16/13 9:55 AM
Card
1968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait.

1/16/13 10:54 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - We going for 1 MILLION viewers Thursday night HPK!

Afroninja seems to be a draw like Lesnar vs Undertaker

1/16/13 10:59 AM
Card
1968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAIN (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
Michael Chandler vs. Rick Hawn - for lightweight title
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Freire - for featherweight title
Renato Sobral vs. Mikhail Zayats - light heavyweight tournament opening round

PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
Jacob Noe vs. Seth Petruzelli - light-heavyweight tournament opening round
Atanas Djambazov vs. Emanuel Newton - light-heavyweight tournament opening round
Jason Lambert vs. Hector Ramirez
Joe Camacho vs. Aaron Miller
Joe Williams vs. Jamie Yager
Mike Guymon vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Brian Warren
Cleber Luciano vs. Mario Navarro
1/16/13 11:02 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The return of Brian Warren for the 5th time !!!! Praise the lord !

1/16/13 2:40 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Can't wait.

1/16/13 3:47 PM
liquidrob

I think the most important fight on the card is Curran vs Pitbull fight

It will kick off the show, if they put on a snooze fest (highly unlikely) it could really hurt the overall ratings and feel of the card, they put on a show which Bellator is hoping for they can really get the viewers to stay and build throughout the night

1/16/13 4:11 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/16/13 4:19 PM
minotauro11
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to make a thread like this. Bellator does not get enough attention on here. I realize people are upset about the whole Alvarez situation but overall Bellator is a great promotion, and this is a great card.

Pitbull vs Curran will probably determine the p4p best fighter outside of the UFC, and will be incredibly entertaining. Anyone who hasn't seen Pitbull Freire fight really needs to change that, the guy is one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport, and is probably the best finisher at FW outside of Aldo.

I'm also really pumped for Hawn/Chandler, two great fighters, and stylistically a very interesting match up. Hawn has looked unstoppable at lightweight and Chandler is coming off a FOTY contender and a huge upset over Eddie Alvarez. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:21 PM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob -
PrettyBoy -  Bellator putting Joker and Savant on the card is hacky. They should be focusing on signing contenders. Phone Post

Its on the undercard, they have signed many prospects that will be in the tourney and future tourneys, those are there "contenders"

Most UG guys wouldnnt even know they have been signing guys, it rarely if ever makes it on the board
Don't get me wrong. I love joker... But I have not enjoyed seeing him fight at 155. I just think they could have put together a better match especially in southern California. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:47 PM
liquidrob

Edited: 01/16/13 6:48 PM
HKP!
1/16/13 6:57 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  10pm start time is a mistake. A lot of people., including myself, won't be able to watch on a Thursday at 10. Phone Post

They have to do it, they need that TNA lead in to get good ratings. They cant risk going on a Wed at 8pm and flopping.

TNA gives them a 1.5 million viewer lead in which they should be able to keep half them. It sucks for some fans but they need to do it for a year, when they establish a base maybe they move nights but for the debut on Spike they need to be in that slot.
1/16/13 6:59 PM
liquidrob

Yeah, cant pass up the TNA, trying to duplicate the WWE lead in to TUF which made the UFC what it is
1/16/13 9:35 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

MAIN (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
Michael Chandler vs. Rick Hawn - for lightweight title
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Freire - for featherweight title
Renato Sobral vs. Mikhail Zayats - light heavyweight tournament opening round

PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
Jacob Noe vs. Seth Petruzelli - light-heavyweight tournament opening round
Atanas Djambazov vs. Emanuel Newton - light-heavyweight tournament opening round
Jason Lambert vs. Hector Ramirez
Joe Camacho vs. Aaron Miller
Joe Williams vs. Jamie Yager
Mike Guymon vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Brian Warren
Cleber Luciano vs. Mario Navarro

1/17/13 7:11 AM
liquidrob

liquidrob - HKP!

1/17/13 11:56 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This card is sick.  I cannot wait to see Chandler and Curran!  Yay!!!!

1/17/13 12:21 PM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/17/13 12:22 PM
Would be nice if they moved the start time up to 8 or 9 PM eventually. Good card this week though. Next week's is sort of so-so.
1/17/13 12:29 PM
Bloodstorm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why Thursday? Phone Post
1/17/13 12:32 PM
liquidrob

Because TNA wrestling is on Thursdays and ends at 10pm, that is there lead in for Bellator
1/17/13 12:34 PM
MartialArtsMixed
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the joker retired Phone Post
1/17/13 3:27 PM
Hessian

3t

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.