UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Pulled Hamstring

1/15/13 9:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sequoyah Sandford
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 10:00 PM

About 3 months ago I pulled my hamstring when I went for a run. It was a very light pull nothing too bad but thing is it never went away. It is right below my right glute in upper hamstring down and goes down to the middle of it. It just aches now, especially the days after I spar. I dare not do exercises like hamstring curls because it puts alot of stress on it. Any tips on how I can deal with this. I can't take time off form training because I have fights coming up. Should I be stretching it lightly everyday?
1/17/13 11:46 AM
Yueborg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't stretch it at all. Find an Active Release practitioner to work over the muscle.
1/17/13 5:30 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yueborg - Don't stretch it at all. Find an Active Release practitioner to work over the muscle.

Ok I will look to see if there is one on my area. Thanks!
1/26/13 3:34 PM
jasonhightower
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DId you take any time off after it happened?

1/26/13 7:36 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

Havent had the time. Phone Post
1/27/13 6:48 PM
jasonhightower
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sequoyah Sandford -  Havent had the time. Phone Post

I am by no means an expert, but I have had a pretty serious hammy pull before and I stopped all physical activity for 3 weeks to get it to feel somewhat good enough to work it again.

Just wondering if a week off would help.

1/28/13 11:09 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

jasonhightower - 
Sequoyah Sandford -  Havent had the time. Phone Post

I am by no means an expert, but I have had a pretty serious hammy pull before and I stopped all physical activity for 3 weeks to get it to feel somewhat good enough to work it again.

Just wondering if a week off would help.

It only bothers me after a long sparring session or cardio session. Other than that it is good. It doesn't effect my ability to walk or anything and the aching has gone away since I quit trying to stretch it. It's almost healed just gets irritated from time to time. I have fights coming up I do not have the time to take off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.