UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett

1/15/13 10:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Our focus right now is the next three months, Rebney continued. "Everything we're doing right now is focused on that. [Barnett] hasn't been a topic of conversation in our meetings with the staff. Josh is a great character and he's had some great fights, but its not really on our radar."

As for "Rampage," Rebney indicated a fondness for the former light heavyweight champion and wouldn't rule out the notion of a potential signing if Jackson decides to test free agency waters after the final fight of his UFC contract on Jan. 26. But Rebney said the big question is whether Jackson has enough left in the tank to make a go under Bellator's format.

"I used to watch ‘Rampage' when he fought in Pride," Rebney said. "That's a tough question. He's an awesome, awesome fighter, and an incredible personality, and I've been a fan for a lot of years. How he could conceptually fit within the format and the structure we have? That is something where I would have to get people smarter than I around the table and discuss. I don't think he'd deny he's at the latter stages of his career. He's suffered a lot of injuries but he's still a rock star at a very high level, and we'll see what happens with his next fight. But we'll still have to sit around and figure out where he fits. He's exciting, he's entertaining, but, that would be one of those square peg, round hole situations, but sometimes you can make those work. It would depend on a lot of stuff. It would depend on the legalities of where he is with the UFC. ... We'll see. Who knows."

read entire article...

1/15/13 10:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Understandable.

Then again, they could just be saying that.

1/15/13 10:55 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Mo vs. Rampage is the fight that Bellator NEEDS.

Never seen a more snake-bitten promotion.
1/15/13 11:12 PM
RKing85
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if they want someone for Bellator/TNA cross promotion, then Barnett is by far the best pro wrestling option.
1/15/13 11:13 PM
shootfightermike
720 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 11:13 PM

barnett outside of ufc wont lose

thats why rebneys says that. he would blow thru everyone with out even trying much

unless  cole unretired? barnett wouldnt lose in bellator

1/15/13 11:14 PM
shootfightermike
720 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

even if guys like dave herman signed w/bellator^

1/15/13 11:23 PM
MMALOGIC

Let's see what he says after Glover turns him inot pancake.

1/15/13 11:42 PM
HandyDarsh
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGRBTT_Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Lol @ Josh not being on their radar.

You ain't on Josh's radar, Bcorny. Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:54 PM
sadisticsoldier
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure Bellator can afford either. Both might retire before settling for whatever peanuts Bellator might give. However I could see both being interested in a King Mo type situation, since both are into the pro wrestling scene. Josh specifically with experience.
1/15/13 11:58 PM
Chris27

Page will be a guy they want, he is a mainstream name and a guy who has fought in the UFC and on Spike.

Barnett hasnt fought in the UFC in many years and isnt nearly as big a name.

Page vs Mo for the title is a fight they could try on PPV, the real question is if they would pay Page and make him go through a tournament.

I think they would give him one fight and then a title shot.
1/15/13 11:59 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It kind of makes me wonder if Barnett has a reputation for being difficult behind the scenes. Seems like promoters are reluctant with him. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:12 AM
MMALOGIC

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  It kind of makes me wonder if Barnett has a reputation for being difficult behind the scenes. Seems like promoters are reluctant with him. Phone Post

I think Bellashit Realizes they shouldnt sign the same guys who caused the other orgs to go bankrupt.  GUys like barnett carry a permium but were never exposed to the north american audience.  He's not worth his price.  They can sign 6 paul daley's  or 6 ben saunders for one barnett and more people know who ben saunders is than they do Barnett.

1/16/13 12:16 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  It kind of makes me wonder if Barnett has a reputation for being difficult behind the scenes. Seems like promoters are reluctant with him. Phone Post

I think Bellashit Realizes they shouldnt sign the same guys who caused the other orgs to go bankrupt.  GUys like barnett carry a permium but were never exposed to the north american audience.  He's not worth his price.  They can sign 6 paul daley's  or 6 ben saunders for one barnett and more people know who ben saunders is than they do Barnett.

That is one thing that Bellator does that will keep them around forever as long their other issues don't keep talented fighters from signing with them. They refuse to overpay fighters. Overpaying killed Affliction, Elite XC and Strikeforce, Bellator seems to have learned from that mistake. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:38 AM
whoabro

Ryann Von Doom -

lol @ them not having Josh on their radar. Okay, Bjorn. Okay.

Reading between the lines, i translate that as 'we dont want to work with him' Phone Post
1/16/13 12:48 AM
Delorian
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage vs either Seraldo Babalu or King Mo would be great to see. Good luck on acquiring him Bjorn. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:15 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
whoabro - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Reading between the lines, i translate that as 'we dont want to work with him' Phone Post

I read, "we don't have any HWs that could give him a proper fight".

as for Rampage, I'd be surprised if the UFC didn't match if they make an offer early.

1/16/13 9:59 AM
Damienhls

off topic but bellator had alot of fighters like dave herman before ufc signed them ,there is alotof fighters that didnt make it in bellator now with the ufc
1/16/13 10:03 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Cyril Jeff -
whoabro - 
Ryann Von Doom -

as for Rampage, I'd be surprised if the UFC didn't match if they make an offer early.

Really? From what I've seen Dana is ready for him to be gone once his contract is up. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:04 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Damienhls - off topic but bellator had alot of fighters like dave herman before ufc signed them ,there is alotof fighters that didnt make it in bellator now with the ufc
What do you mean by didn't make it,? Phone Post
1/16/13 10:10 AM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reverse racism IMO. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:11 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

vaginal tear - Reverse racism IMO. Phone Post
That's still just racism. Just towards white people lol :) Phone Post
1/16/13 10:12 AM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
vaginal tear - Reverse racism IMO. Phone Post
That's still just racism. Just towards white people lol :) Phone Post
Which makes it reversed. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:36 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGRBTT_Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  Lol @ Josh not being on their radar.

You ain't on Josh's radar, Bcorny. Phone Post

Yeah, seriously.
1/16/13 10:40 AM
whoabro

Cyril Jeff -
whoabro - 
Ryann Von Doom -

That could certainly be the case too Phone Post
1/16/13 10:59 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Cyril Jeff -
whoabro - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Really? From what I've seen Dana is ready for him to be gone once his contract is up. Phone Post

yeah, I don't have any insider info or anything like that, but my gut tells me they'll match a low/reasonable #, and if that does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if he "retires", at least for a short time...

it's really hard to make the kind of money he does right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.