UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett

1/16/13 10:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Cyril Jeff -
whoabro - 
Ryann Von Doom -

lol @ them not having Josh on their radar. Okay, Bjorn. Okay.

Reading between the lines, i translate that as 'we dont want to work with him' Phone Post

I read, "we don't have any HWs that could give him a proper fight".

as for Rampage, I'd be surprised if the UFC didn't match if they make an offer early.

Really? From what I've seen Dana is ready for him to be gone once his contract is up. Phone Post

yeah, I don't have any insider info or anything like that, but my gut tells me they'll match a low/reasonable #, and if that does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if he "retires", at least for a short time...

it's really hard to make the kind of money he does right now.

1/16/13 11:20 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito sang the same song and dance and came running back to the UFC when it was all said and done.

1/16/13 1:08 PM
Seats Taken
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless they are going to go find a HWT to fight him, I wouldn't pay Barnett money for him to crush their entire roster in squash matches. Phone Post
1/16/13 1:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Tito sang the same song and dance and came running back to the UFC when it was all said and done.

Didn't Rampage already do that with the UFC? It's in a Chael interview anyways Phone Post
1/16/13 1:32 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett should be in the UFC.... Rampage, well he hasnt evolved his style or improved from his PRIDE days and that doesnt cut it in today's UFC. Bellator is where he should be. 

1/16/13 2:02 PM
stop_it_right_meow
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heres video of rebney saying this 

1/16/13 2:08 PM
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if Rampage could stay in shape for a tournament run. Those quick turnarounds don't favor Rampage and his love for getting fat when he's not fighting. Also if they go the super fight route who the hell does he fight that's worth a damn?
1/16/13 2:50 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 01/16/13 2:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMALOGIC -

Didn't Rampage already do that with the UFC? It's in a Chael interview anyways Phone Post

oh yeah... the A-team drama.

But just like those who got a free phone from obama... they go back to doing what worked for them the first time.  They went back to voting for the black guy who gives them free stuff and Rampage went back to whining and complaining that got him more money.

1/16/13 3:29 PM
stonepony

Glover is going to put Quinton down. And then the UFC should sign him again anyway. Feed him gate-keeper level strikers that Quinton won't whine and cry about having to fight. If the UFC swept up the next 10 or so fighters that Bellator was hoping to sign, maybe they'll get the picture, and stop screwing with fighters like Eddie Alvarez.
1/16/13 3:45 PM
stonepony

vaginal tear - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
vaginal tear - Reverse racism IMO. Phone Post
That's still just racism. Just towards white people lol :) Phone Post
Which makes it reversed. Phone Post

No it's not, it's just racism.
1/16/13 3:52 PM
stonepony

Edited: 01/16/13 3:51 PM
1/16/13 4:02 PM
Kingtony87
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Glover is going to put Quinton down. And then the UFC should sign him again anyway. Feed him gate-keeper level strikers that Quinton won't whine and cry about having to fight. If the UFC swept up the next 10 or so fighters that Bellator was hoping to sign, maybe they'll get the picture, and stop screwing with fighters like Eddie Alvarez.
I'm definitely curious to see how the ufc deals with the resigning of rampage. Do they attempt to match to try and fuck with bellator like they are doing with eddie. Or do they let him go quiet Phone Post
1/16/13 7:37 PM
stonepony

Kingtony87 - 
stonepony - Glover is going to put Quinton down. And then the UFC should sign him again anyway. Feed him gate-keeper level strikers that Quinton won't whine and cry about having to fight. If the UFC swept up the next 10 or so fighters that Bellator was hoping to sign, maybe they'll get the picture, and stop screwing with fighters like Eddie Alvarez.
I'm definitely curious to see how the ufc deals with the resigning of rampage. Do they attempt to match to try and fuck with bellator like they are doing with eddie. Or do they let him go quiet Phone Post

I don't think they're trying to fuck with Bellator. Eddie is a prospect, and Eddie wants to sign to get a chance to fight the best competition and win the belt. If Quinton wanted to sign with Bellator, and the UFC played games and fought it in court, then you could compare the situations.

Doesn't matter though. This is an example of why MMA needs a junior varsity league. Somewhere for someone like JB or QJ to fall back to. Bellator should be smart and try to play nice.
1/16/13 8:25 PM
Kingtony87
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that ufc is genuinely interested in eddie. I'm just curious if ufc gives them a hard time with rampage the way bellator is with eddie Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.