UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson not waiting for title shot

1/15/13 10:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson recently appeared on MMAJunkie Radio, and said his last years in the UFC will not be spent waiting for a light heavyweight title shot.

"If the timing's right, I'd do it," Henderson today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "If not, I'll beat the next top guy."

"I feel that I'm probably the guy to beat in the weight class. I know that if I fought Jones, I'd knock him on his ass. But if I don't get that opportunity, I'm not going to sit and dwell on it and wait for it. I waited last year, and I'm not going to do it this year."

--

Dan Henderson fights former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machidat UFC 157 on Feb. live on PPV.

1/15/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kanabull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dan KO's Machida Jon is going to shit his pants.
1/15/13 10:58 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's still in a way the Strikeforce LHW champ.
1/15/13 11:00 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If hendo beats machida, do Cormier vs Hendo for #1 contender!! Phone Post
1/15/13 11:00 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#2 has spoken, #1. Your response?

1/15/13 11:05 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR HENDO
1/15/13 11:06 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HENDO deserves a shot Phone Post
1/15/13 11:20 PM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if his last three wins are Machida, Shogun, and Fedor, it would be hard to deny him a shot IMO

1/15/13 11:29 PM
quick
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't blame Dan for waiting the first time, but it is awesome to hear that he just wants to go out there and fight this year.
1/15/13 11:42 PM
youarewhatiswrong
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin' hendo. Man's man, that guy.
1/15/13 11:43 PM
Virginio
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan sees Jones as just another notch on his belt. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:45 PM
Leghound
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin' A, Hendo is the last of the old breed
1/16/13 2:33 AM
FTS

Hendo beating Jones? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! What a joke!
1/16/13 4:51 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have gotten the shot. Now if he is able to beat Machida he should be the next in line for JBJ. Not sure if he will win but he has a bigger chance then most ( especially compared to Belfort chances). Phone Post
1/16/13 5:45 AM
tonytr

He won't beat Machida anyway. Maybe if he utilizes his wrestling for once, but we all know that's not gonna happen.
1/16/13 8:02 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

tonytr - He won't beat Machida anyway. Maybe if he utilizes his wrestling for once, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

you mean like he did against Feijao? or Fedor? Anderson? Rich Franklin? Paulhares? Rampage? Vitor? Hendo uses his wrestling in fights. He uses his standup in fights where he feels he is better in he standup and with power like that... he can do it.
1/16/13 8:18 AM
Lazer MMA

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - 
tonytr - He won't beat Machida anyway. Maybe if he utilizes his wrestling for once, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

you mean like he did against Feijao? or Fedor? Anderson? Rich Franklin? Paulhares? Rampage? Vitor? Hendo uses his wrestling in fights. He uses his standup in fights where he feels he is better in he standup and with power like that... he can do it.

Ring rust and his knee can be an issue. If he's okay he can use the same plan Page used in rounds 1 & 2 Vs Machida and win this no question.

Hell Machida was told he'd get a shot and he was 2-3. It's not an end all situation; however, putting Evans before Hendo who had only beat Tito in 2011 (Vs Hendo who beat Fedor, Shogun & Babalu in 2011) was F'in screwage (again - and in hind site may have been more screwage then Hendo can overcome). Likewise putting Sonnen before him is major screwage to Hendo as well.
1/16/13 8:27 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Hendo, but idk if he can work Machida the way he wants to Phone Post
1/16/13 12:56 PM
hogh20

Sugar Dick - 
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - 

Take Fedor off that list because Hendo knocked his ass out.

Hendo hit a little sit out switch to get Fedor's back and get that KO. That is wrestling with a punch at the end of the move.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.