UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC reveals fighters coming from Strikeforce.

1/16/13 4:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice misleading title. That is not the full list, just the people Ariel Helwani was personally able to confirm. You can add Anthony Smith btw, he's being reported as also coming over.

Also Tyron Woodley was already added to the UFC roster a few weeks ago so you can stop asking about him too.

Notable (male) names we don't know about yet, but who should be locks based on talent alone:
-Josh Barnett (personal issues are an obvious but not insurmountable problem here)
-Feijao
-Ovince St. Preux
-Adlan Amagov
-Jorge Santiago
-Quinn Mulhern
-Jorge Masvidal

Confirmed retired:
-Mike Kyle
-Kazuo Misaki

AND HERE IS THE REST OF STRIKEFORCE'S ROSTER THAT IS NEITHER CONFIRMED TO THE UFC NOR LISTED ABOVE:
HW:
-Dion Staring
-Nandor Guelmino
LHW:
-Guto Innocente
-TJ Cook
-Yoel Romero
-Virgil Zwicker
MW:
-Trevor Smith
-Keith Jardine
-Nate James
-Keith Berry
-Yancy Medeiros
-Benji Radach
-Lumumba Sayers
WW:
-Nah-Shon Burrell
-Ryan LaFlare
-Brian Melancon
-Chris Spang
-Tyler Stinson
-Yuri Villefort
LW:
-Joe Duarte
-Billy Evangelista
-Jorge Gurgel
-Conor Heun
-Estevan Payan
-Matt Ricehouse
-James Terry
-Justin Wilcox
-Michael Bravo

Now I'm sure a few of the dudes in that last category are also coming over (Guto Innocente is a pretty good bet, for instance), but none of them are locks or near locks.
1/16/13 4:18 AM
UncleDavid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Robbie Lawler?!?

Just kidding guys lol

Glad that Kj Noons is on the list! its not his fault that he got robbed so bad
1/16/13 4:28 AM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UncleDavid - What about Robbie Lawler?!?

Just kidding guys lol

Glad that Kj Noons is on the list! its not his fault that he got robbed so bad

Lawler will be fighting Josh Koscheck at UFC 157. He's one of a number of fighters who have been brought over one-at-a-time over the last month or so as needed for fights.
1/16/13 5:40 AM
UncleDavid

@ Chromium

i was just trolling :D i thought it was obvious

Let me troll, bro!
1/16/13 5:53 AM
shb
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - Nice misleading title. That is not the full list, just the people Ariel Helwani was personally able to confirm. You can add Anthony Smith btw, he's being reported as also coming over.

Also Tyron Woodley was already added to the UFC roster a few weeks ago so you can stop asking about him too.

Notable (male) names we don't know about yet, but who should be locks based on talent alone:
-Josh Barnett (personal issues are an obvious but not insurmountable problem here)
-Feijao
-Ovince St. Preux
-Adlan Amagov
-Jorge Santiago
-Quinn Mulhern
-Jorge Masvidal

Confirmed retired:
-Mike Kyle
-Kazuo Misaki

AND HERE IS THE REST OF STRIKEFORCE'S ROSTER THAT IS NEITHER CONFIRMED TO THE UFC NOR LISTED ABOVE:
HW:
-Dion Staring
-Nandor Guelmino
LHW:
-Guto Innocente
-TJ Cook
-Yoel Romero
-Virgil Zwicker
MW:
-Trevor Smith
-Keith Jardine
-Nate James
-Keith Berry
-Yancy Medeiros
-Benji Radach
-Lumumba Sayers
WW:
-Nah-Shon Burrell
-Ryan LaFlare
-Brian Melancon
-Chris Spang
-Tyler Stinson
-Yuri Villefort
LW:
-Joe Duarte
-Billy Evangelista
-Jorge Gurgel
-Conor Heun
-Estevan Payan
-Matt Ricehouse
-James Terry
-Justin Wilcox
-Michael Bravo

Now I'm sure a few of the dudes in that last category are also coming over (Guto Innocente is a pretty good bet, for instance), but none of them are locks or near locks.

jorge santiago was in the ufc more recently than he was in sf
1/16/13 6:18 AM
Ryan Black
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm quite frankly surprised to see OSP not locked in. Dude is definitely worthy of a couple prelim fights, in the least. I always thought he was a pretty entertaining guy. Ah well... if they don't sign him, I hope he does well in Bellator. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:26 AM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGRBTT_Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
yellow wrkahlc -
UGRBTT_Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Chris27 -
UGRBTT_Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Pancake Syrup - Was expecting more fighters
This. Bunch are missing. Phone Post

Like who?

Only Barnett, Masvidal and Feijao are left off the list, Feijao is suspended, Barnett needs to negotiate a new deal and I'm sure Masvidal will be brought over.

This isnt the final list this is just teh guys who have been confirmed.

So who else was left off?
Just to throw a wrench into your point, like 8 women. Phone Post

Reason why no one's mentioned the women is because it's a given most of them will be making the jump to fill in the newly created UFC division.

Why you throwing wrenches at me bro? Phone Post
Just let him throw bro Phone Post
1/16/13 6:40 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Man, exciting times.

this also

1/16/13 7:23 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UncleDavid - @ Chromium

i was just trolling :D i thought it was obvious

Let me troll, bro!

wat.
1/16/13 7:24 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

poor Gurgel, he can't seem to catch a break after getting shredded by Imanari (I think it was Imanari)
1/16/13 7:41 AM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Wilcox should get a chance IMO Phone Post
1/16/13 7:52 AM
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Dinamita -  Herschel Walker's reaction to not being on the list

Phone Post

12-6 punches to the arm of a grounded opponent aren't legal under the unified rules IIRC.
1/16/13 7:59 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh Barnett
Ovince St. Preux
Adlan Amagov
Yancy Medeiros
Jorge Santiago
Billy Evangelista
Jorge Masvidal
Caros Fodor
Kazuo Misaki

1/16/13 8:06 AM
Ramon Maroni

stupid if they dont pick up Barnett
1/16/13 8:37 AM
Authority Figure

I wonder what happens to all the fighters that Strikeforce amassed over the years by buying out contracts from other promotions? Some developing talent that never got a chance to show their goods.

1/16/13 10:27 AM
RLlewellyn
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised to see Barnett missing from the list. I'm sure he's all about exploring his options right now for the best deal possible.

Shocked to not see OSP announced right away. Hopefully they get him signed to a deal.

1/16/13 10:32 AM
ATAP
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know I'll probably just be disappointed again.. but why not add Jorge Gurgel? He'd got name recognition, he always comes to fight.. only unfortunate things about him is he never uses any of his bjj and rarely wins. Even so, at the least he'd be an exciting fight.
1/16/13 10:36 AM
Timtek

ATAP - I know I'll probably just be disappointed again.. but why not add Jorge Gurgel? He'd got name recognition, he always comes to fight.. only unfortunate things about him is he never uses any of his bjj and rarely wins. Even so, at the least he'd be an exciting fight.

He's 3-7 in his last 10 fights.
1/16/13 10:48 AM
markostavric

Not sure if it's been up for a while, but Josh Barnett seems to have an up-to-date profile on the UFC website.

http://www.ufc.ca/fighter/Josh-Barnett

I'm doubtful he'll get signed. I just don't see the UFC offering him the money he thinks he deserves.
1/16/13 11:18 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandon Saling is getting ready for UFC on FOX 7 as well.

A buddy of his has an extra ticket. Phone Post
1/16/13 11:19 AM
InYourMomaCloset

Misaki is confirmed retired??

FOCK.

He was a solid fighter - took out Paul Daley recently.

That kind of sucks.
1/16/13 11:29 AM
InYourMomaCloset

I'm kind of surprised to hear everyone banging on about Barnett not being signed.

He got handled by Cormier - which is nothing to be ashamed of considering what we've seen Cormier is capable of - but coming off a convincing loss like that, folk don't usually complain when they slip by the way-side.

I guess Barnett has some proper hardcore fans.

He was always a solid fighter but for some reason he never really appealed to me too much.
Was pissed when he took out Mark Hunt.
1/16/13 11:37 AM
epwar
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NinjaRua9 - Ricehouse would also be a good pick up for the UFC.

Agreed.  It was funny/sad how Strikeforce tried to pretend his win over Couture didn't exist.

1/16/13 11:53 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATAP - I know I'll probably just be disappointed again.. but why not add Jorge Gurgel? He'd got name recognition, he always comes to fight.. only unfortunate things about him is he never uses any of his bjj and rarely wins. Even so, at the least he'd be an exciting fight.

a great list of exciting talent and your disappointed about Gurgel?

What does e offer?

1/16/13 11:56 AM
DamnSevern

seems like too much negativity in this thread for what can be considered one of the greatest talent influxes ever.

Im still hopefully of seeing Josh and I think well def see Masivdal and OSP in the UFC

but still this is fucking awesome.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.