UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> why can't Rampage wear Reebok when Nike is allowed

1/16/13 12:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Capnsavem
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

?

Andy, Bones and JDS can wear Nike, but Rampage can't wear his sponsor Reebok to the cage or in the cage?

why not? Phone Post
1/16/13 12:32 AM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you just answer your own question, OP?

1/16/13 12:33 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

I don't think so.. wait.. let me reread my post... brb Phone Post
1/16/13 12:34 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem

ok.. is it because all those guys are company men, and Rampage is a peacock? Phone Post
1/16/13 12:38 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem - ok.. is it because all those guys are company men, and Rampage is a peacock? Phone Post
It is very likely Nike is wanting to get more involved with sponsoring fighters or maybe even the UFC itself and told the UFC they don't want any Adidas products in the UFC. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:44 AM
Malagant
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to pay too display, nothing to do with Rampage.
1/16/13 12:44 AM
AwHood
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless its an MMA clothing brand, UFC usually doesn't allow sponsors with competing products. Remember a few years back when another energy drink (Good for you, I Think) got pulled because they felt it was in direct competition with Xenergy? They switch off from time to time, but I don't think I've seen competing products on the same event. Nike must pay them a boatload to hold them down. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:52 AM
HighFreq
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was because Reebok hadn't applied to be part of the UFC sponsorship program. It had nothing to do with Nike sponsoring fighters.

Reebok just has to pay the fee (not cheap), and Rampage can wear their logo in the UFC. Phone Post
1/16/13 12:56 AM
HighFreq
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
UGCTT_Capnsavem - ok.. is it because all those guys are company men, and Rampage is a peacock? Phone Post
It is very likely Nike is wanting to get more involved with sponsoring fighters or maybe even the UFC itself and told the UFC they don't want any Adidas products in the UFC. Phone Post
Like what Wu Massacre was saying, Nike isn't an exclusive UFC sponsor, like Budweiser, Harley Davidson, Zxyence, and whatever company makes the official corn nuts of the UFC.

Rampage would be able to wear Reebok, if they pay the UFC its sponsorship fee. Phone Post
1/16/13 1:11 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HighFreq -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Like what Wu Massacre was saying, Nike isn't an exclusive UFC sponsor, like Budweiser, Harley Davidson, Zxyence, and whatever company makes the official corn nuts of the UFC.

Rampage would be able to wear Reebok, if they pay the UFC its sponsorship fee. Phone Post
If Nike told the UFC we'll only sponsor your fighters if you deny Adidas brands, the UFC would probably listen. Doesn't necessarily have to be in writing.

I know it's just speculation, though. Phone Post
1/16/13 2:34 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem

HighFreq -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

I doubt Reebok wouldn't pay. they're under Adidas, the #2 sports shoe and apparel company in the world, so it makes sense where some of you say that Nike is in UFCs ear about making sure the Swoosh's main competition is shut out... but wouldn't there be some kind of possibility of a lawsuit for that?... unless Nike is going to be a main UFC sponsor?... Phone Post
1/16/13 4:16 AM
iDaz
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMentalisT -
yellow wrkahlc - 

THIS. he did indeed.....

/THREAD
. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:19 AM
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

op answered own question

/thread

1/16/13 4:36 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DUH Phone Post
1/16/13 4:50 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The same reason why football players cant wear any brand they want in the nfl.... same reason why basketball players cant wear any brand they want in the NBA.... etc...

Reebok needs to cut a deal first with the UFC before they can be featured on one of their productions.

1/16/13 4:53 AM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

The same reason why football players cant wear any brand they want in the nfl.... same reason why basketball players cant wear any brand they want in the NBA.... etc...

Reebok needs to cut a deal first with the UFC before they can be featured on one of their productions.

LOL at this. . . .

It isn't the same reason at all.

In football, you have a CBA, that divides revenues and pays for benefits. . .

In football, revenue is maximized for the league (which is then split with the players) by having exclusive sponsors and uniformity. . .

None of this is true in MMA.

1/16/13 6:53 AM
vazzo

Same reason they don't sponsor Coors lol Phone Post
1/16/13 8:56 AM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I seem to remember Chuck Lidell wearing/endorsing those Zigtech shoes during his last season of The Ultimate Fighter coaching....

Doesn't Reebok make those Zigtech things?
1/16/13 9:19 AM
warrendale

I'm pretty sure Nike had to pay UFC to have fighters wear their brand. If I was Nike and had to pay UFC to allow my logo on fighters (which is ridiculous if you ask me) I'd make a clause that read that Nike was the only one that could be worn and all major competitors couldn't be worn.

Do NFC and nba only allow Nike or Adidas just whoever buys the right? Phone Post
1/16/13 10:53 AM
Ghost of Retard
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reason 1: Andy, Bones, and JDS Are Champs(JDS Lost but was champ last time he fought) 

reason 2: Rampage has not only bitten but pretty much chewed off the hand that feeds him

reason 3,4,5,6,7 and 8:  All legal reasons that i don't have a clue about but they are there.

1/16/13 11:13 AM
Rabid Bunyip
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC sponsors Jones.

Nike sponsors Jones. Phone Post
1/16/13 1:29 PM
glasscasket
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would anyone wear Reebok when Nike is allowed? How embarrassing.
1/16/13 2:34 PM
abi
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

halfninja - I seem to remember Chuck Lidell wearing/endorsing those Zigtech shoes during his last season of The Ultimate Fighter coaching....

Doesn't Reebok make those Zigtech things?
you're right Phone Post
1/16/13 3:26 PM
CraneFu
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to sponsor a UFC fighter in the cage, you must pay the UFC a fee of $100,000 for that privileged...not including the fee you pay the fighter. Odds are Reebok didn't pay that fee to the UFC.
1/16/13 9:41 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem

glasscasket - Why would anyone wear Reebok when Nike is allowed? How embarrassing.
reebok is heading the crossfit juggernaut, which is being used by more and more fighters and MMA gyms ... and their training shoes are pretty damn comfy. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.