UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJJ Would you rather...

1/16/13 2:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ilovetortillas
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Gi or No Gi? And Why? Phone Post
1/16/13 2:26 AM
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both. At the same time.
1/16/13 2:27 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No gi cos its so fucking hot at the moment Phone Post
1/16/13 2:31 AM
ilovetortillas
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TalkShowOnMute - Both. At the same time.
TSOM, you are one of my favorite posters. When I get back to TX you and the little lady are invited to my celebration cookout. :-) Phone Post
1/16/13 2:36 AM
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ilovetortillas - 
TSOM, you are one of my favorite posters. When I get back to TX you and the little lady are invited to my celebration cookout. :-) Phone Post

Well thank you. :) VTFU.

Based on the cooking threads I have seen from you in the past...

I'm f#cking in!
1/16/13 2:38 AM
Tap In
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sex with gi, marry no gi, kill why
1/16/13 2:40 AM
elbigsam
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kinda feel like my response should be in the " you know you are old when" thread. But i prefer the gi nowadays just for hygene reasons. Less other dudes sweat on my person.

Btw, arent you the lady whos phone got stolen here in san antonio? If so, that sucks. Wonder if they would hand it over to a fireman? Phone Post
1/16/13 2:40 AM
Tap In
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez -  No gi cos its so fucking hot at the moment Phone Post

Where in the hell do you live and can i move into your basement? It's freezing in san diego
1/16/13 2:44 AM
ilovetortillas

elbigsam - I kinda feel like my response should be in the " you know you are old when" thread. But i prefer the gi nowadays just for hygene reasons. Less other dudes sweat on my person.

Btw, arent you the lady whos phone got stolen here in san antonio? If so, that sucks. Wonder if they would hand it over to a fireman? Phone Post
I got my phone back because thieves are dumb with their Facebook accounts. Phone Post
1/16/13 2:45 AM
ilovetortillas

TalkShowOnMute -
ilovetortillas - 

Well thank you. :) VTFU.

Based on the cooking threads I have seen from you in the past...

I'm f#cking in!
It will be an epic Mexican pigfest. Phone Post
1/16/13 2:47 AM
kying418
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are both super fun.

Most importantly, I believe having a legit BJJ instructor (with a verifiable lineage) is the most important to learn good, technical jiu jitsu.

While there are fraudulent instructors in both, it is usually easier to verify someone's credentials if they train with the gi.
1/16/13 2:50 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In - 

Where in the hell do you live and can i move into your basement? It's freezing in san diego

Me too! but I'll take the couch, bc it's brutal here  in NY 

And GI all the way! Did no GI other night and felt naked. And I got a Vulcan Ultralight for Christmas (thanks Santa) and its sooo much cooler than any others I've worn. 

1/16/13 2:51 AM
ilovetortillas

I love watching Gi competition. Phone Post
1/16/13 3:03 AM
simpsonaye
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No gi at the moment (though it pains me to say it, just got a new/my first gi) because its hot here in Ausland.
But, I still wear gi pants.. Phone Post
1/16/13 3:54 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In -

Sydney. There is a little heat wave going on. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:31 AM
escudo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, No-GI for me I just find it faster and more fun and I think it makes for more interesting scrambles.

Also less ligature marks to explain away at work the next day...
1/16/13 7:42 AM
X_Rated
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gi for me. I'm a pretty small dude.. I find the gi helps level the field a bit.. Although it definitely has drawbacks as well when I try to use my speed advantage. That being said I'm trying to develop more of a slow pressure oriented game anyway Phone Post
1/16/13 7:56 AM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wear my no gi under my gi just in case.

1/16/13 8:32 AM
armbarring
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually have a cardio and speed advantage so I have been doing no gi alot. But I still love the Gi tho
1/16/13 8:53 AM
Voodoo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer no gi because the gi slows everything down too much. No gi is closer to MMA grappling. imo
1/16/13 8:53 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

I'm never caught without a gi, whilst attending Mexican style pigfests.

1/16/13 8:57 AM
halfninja

I prefer No-Gi so I don't have my opponent swinging from my lapels the whole match.
1/16/13 9:20 AM
ilovetortillas

Fabes -

I always wear my no gi under my gi just in case.

So smart. So dangerous. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:46 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like a few others, I like to wear a full, pressed gi, but just do nogi while in the gi.  Some go halfies with just gi pants. pfff. Weak sauce IMO.  

True story, sort of stupid, but I just got rid of a bunch of gi's because I'm dedicated to mma.  I still will hit a gi class once in a while, but I just keep one gi now.  There was one gi I had that i had when I was fat, but it was still like a tent.   Wasn't sure what to do with it, so I put it in one of those clothes donation bins in town.  Still waiting to see someone rolling around town in a A5 Atam gi top.  No luck yet. 

1/16/13 9:53 AM
Pride Wanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ My nogi outfit, is my gi. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.