UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJJ Would you rather...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/16/13 10:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mata_Leon
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always in the gi these days. I am 40 and trying to keep up with 20 year old wrestlers no gi is just asking for trouble. Around 35 I started to realize the only times I was really getting injured was when I was rolling no gi. I still went no gi at least once a week until this year but I finally made peace with myself that I am too fucking old to be doing the things I was doing when I was younger. No gi is one of those things.

1/16/13 9:31 PM
ilovetortillas
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
BrCutter -

Like a few others, I like to wear a full, pressed gi, but just do nogi while in the gi.  Some go halfies with just gi pants. pfff. Weak sauce IMO.  

True story, sort of stupid, but I just got rid of a bunch of gi's because I'm dedicated to mma.  I still will hit a gi class once in a while, but I just keep one gi now.  There was one gi I had that i had when I was fat, but it was still like a tent.   Wasn't sure what to do with it, so I put it in one of those clothes donation bins in town.  Still waiting to see someone rolling around town in a A5 Atam gi top.  No luck yet. 

If you have one in the future please let me know. There are tons of kids that can't afford them that would love a hand me down starter. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:57 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ilovetortillas - 
TalkShowOnMute -
ilovetortillas - 
TalkShowOnMute - Both. At the same time.
TSOM, you are one of my favorite posters. When I get back to TX you and the little lady are invited to my celebration cookout. :-) Phone Post

Well thank you. :) VTFU.

Based on the cooking threads I have seen from you in the past...

I'm f#cking in!
It will be an epic Mexican pigfest. Phone Post

Gi.. can i have a doggy bag?

1/16/13 10:02 PM
12SixElbow
880 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gi.

The bulk of the best MMA fighters do or did BJJ in the gi,

and I've never fought a naked man on the streets.

1/16/13 10:18 PM
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gi makes u more technical....less slipping and sloppy rolling...example....how many times some one escape an armbar due to sweat?.....leg locks? too often a less skilled guy can prolong a match or survive it. slap a gi on him and see how fast the same person slips out of a sub
1/16/13 10:21 PM
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Gi.

The bulk of the best MMA fighters do or did BJJ in the gi,

and I've never fought a naked man on the streets.

lol this.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.