UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito wants Cyborg warm up fights at 135 first

1/16/13 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
jTheHybridwolff -  Cris has one punch Ko power if she catches Ronda coming in going for that lame ass arm bar Ronda's going to sleep. Cris is solid enuff to keep it stand
Rousey is fucked IMO
Bronze medal or not a fight with
Cris Cyborg could end violently Phone Post

the thing is, despite all her muscle..cris doesnt really have 1 punch KO power...who was the last person she KOd with one shot? usually she swarms her opponents with dozens of punches before they are TKO'd...thats the thing about women's mma...relative to men, the grapplers will do better because very few girls have 1 punch KO power so you can wade in and take shots and clinch

Ok maybe not one punch Ko power but damn close if she stays outside swarms RR with punches RR is in trouble
We all know RR 's game plan charge in hip first and grab for a arm if Cris hits her she's folding IMO Phone Post
win vs. Jan Finney
Strikeforce: Insider (06/26/10)
by KO 2:56 in the 2nd round
The last person she ko'd Phone Post
1/16/13 1:52 PM
Winston Wolf
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont believe shes 170
1/16/13 1:54 PM
GroundStPound
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff -
jTheHybridwolff -
jTheHybridwolff -  Cris has one punch Ko power if she catches Ronda coming in going for that lame ass arm bar Ronda's going to sleep. Cris is solid enuff to keep it stand
Rousey is fucked IMO

the thing is, despite all her muscle..cris doesnt really have 1 punch KO power...who was the last person she KOd with one shot? usually she swarms her opponents with dozens of punches before they are TKO'd...thats the thing about women's mma...relative to men, the grapplers will do better because very few girls have 1 punch KO power so you can wade in and take shots and clinch

Ok maybe not one punch Ko power but damn close if she stays outside swarms RR with punches RR is in trouble
We all know RR 's game plan charge in hip first and grab for a arm if Cris hits her she's folding IMO Phone Post
win vs. Jan Finney
The only KO in her career came from a knee in the clinch.... I doubt Cyborg will want to be clinching with Ronda. Phone Post
1/16/13 1:55 PM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds reasonable. She gets to do a couple of test cuts and fights to see how she does, the UFC gets to build her up and doesn't risk a main event in case she doesn't make weight.
1/16/13 2:06 PM
Prepare2Die

History repeats itself. Just like the USA doesn't negotiate with terrorists, the UFC doesn't get pushed around by farce fighters & off the wall management.

Cyborg = FEDOR
TITO = VADIM / M1
UFC = UFC
1/16/13 2:27 PM
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundStPound -
jTheHybridwolff -
jTheHybridwolff -
Rousey is fucked IMO

win vs. Jan Finney
The only KO in her career came from a knee in the clinch.... I doubt Cyborg will want to be clinching with Ronda. Phone Post
Only Ko ?
win vs. Shayna Baszler
Elite XC (07/26/08)
by KO 2:18 in the 2nd round Phone Post
1/16/13 2:56 PM
GroundStPound

jTheHybridwolff -
GroundStPound -
jTheHybridwolff -
jTheHybridwolff -
Rousey is fucked IMO

win vs. Jan Finney
Only Ko ?
win vs. Shayna Baszler
Elite XC (07/26/08)
by KO 2:18 in the 2nd round Phone Post
You watch that mate was it not a TKO? Phone Post
1/16/13 3:05 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait. Tito is moving to 135 to fight Cyborg! Sweet!
1/16/13 3:14 PM
stonepony

"and for "Cyborg" to be the champion as long as she has in her weight class"

Sorry Tito, that all went out the window when she got busted doing what you and everybody else already knew she was doing.
1/16/13 5:40 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

jTheHybridwolff - 
jTheHybridwolff -
Rousey is fucked IMO

win vs. Jan Finney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOnzDssZ8g

not a KO..TKO..and check how many times jan clinched with her...

1/16/13 5:44 PM
Handsome Jack
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundStPound - Looks like Tito is going to put his heart and soul into managing Cyborg.

Good for Cyborg. If English wasn't my 1st language I can't think of anyone better to communicate for me other than Tito. Phone Post
This guy gets it. Tito is the greatest manager of the night to tell Cyborg how she's feeling. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:38 PM
shaqitup
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ easedel (shit won't let me quote)

"I wouldn't even have her in the UFC period"

Then hopefully you are also saying you don't want josh barnett in the UFC.

YOu would also like them to get rid of Vitor Belfort, Alistair overeem, Chael Sonnen, Chris Leben, Palhares, Marquardt, Stephan Bonnar (maybe retired?), Bigfoot, Thiago Silva, King Mo, Feijao, and Joey Beltran.

Oh and Royce gracie and Ken shamrock should be barred from UFC hall of fame.

If you agree with all of these, then yeah you can say cyborg shouldn't be allowed in the UFC.
1/16/13 6:41 PM
shaqitup
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Handsome Jack - 
GroundStPound - Looks like Tito is going to put his heart and soul into managing Cyborg.

Good for Cyborg. If English wasn't my 1st language I can't think of anyone better to communicate for me other than Tito. Phone Post
This guy gets it. Tito is the greatest manager of the night to tell Cyborg how she's feeling. Phone Post

As fucking funny as that video is, imo Tito could be a great manager.

He has hundreds of thousands of people that follow what he says, he's had a heck of a lot of experience in the MMA business, and he obviously has connections inside the UFC, even with how fragile his relationship may be with Dana.

If malki kawa was saying the things Tito is, nobody would be listening, and he's probably the biggest manager in MMA.
1/16/13 6:47 PM
sgotwalks
1608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The stupidest thing about it is that she has Tito Ortiz as his manager."

Did he really say that, or was that a typo? Either way.......that is too funny given the circumstances.

1/16/13 6:50 PM
sgotwalks
1608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Rousey is fucked IMO

Nice to see that some people still have some comprehension on what they are watching. Voted up Goku

Yep. However...........had Anne Wolfe entered the farray, chickies would be spreadin out all over the canvas!

1/16/13 6:51 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK.... She walks around over 170?

She is going to maul some bitches at 135...

1/16/13 7:08 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honda would get throttled IMO....

Honestly I was SHOCKED when Tate clinched with Honda... WTF, knowing she has judo like she does, no clue why she didn't keep her distance and pick Honda apart... Props to Honda for getting people to play her game, but Cyborg is a way different fucking animal

1/16/13 7:15 PM
Caleb R
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadisticsoldier - I've seen nothing from Cyborg to show she can handle what Rousey will bring. It is really odd seeing people talk like Cyborg winning is a sure thing. It makes no sense to me. Cyborg isn't this technical phenom. She wins by brute force and I don't see how that will work against Rousey. If anything they want these warm up fights to get more time for specific training against Rousey because they know that one mistake will be the end of the fight.
This Phone Post
1/16/13 7:34 PM
12SixElbow

sadisticsoldier - I've seen nothing from Cyborg to show she can handle what Rousey will bring. It is really odd seeing people talk like Cyborg winning is a sure thing. It makes no sense to me. Cyborg isn't this technical phenom. She wins by brute force and I don't see how that will work against Rousey. If anything they want these warm up fights to get more time for specific training against Rousey because they know that one mistake will be the end of the fight.

What aspects of Rousey's game do you feel are too much for Cyborg?

You have to give the striking to Cyborg... 8 KO/tko wins... Rousey has never hurt anyone with her hands.

Experience? Cyborg... She has more fights, more time, etc... Rousey has never been outside the first round, while Cyborg has more fights, and has gone the distance.

Cyborg will HURT Rousey, who didn't even like getting hit by Tate is going to be forced to eat punches to close the distance, IF she can close the distance, getting the monster that is Cyborg down is going to be a problem.

1/16/13 7:41 PM
sgotwalks

This fight is kinda like Tyson vs Holyfield, only Holyfield has a big mouth, and Tyson is gonna win!

1/16/13 7:42 PM
FOX Force Five
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg will have to modify her style, the way she powers forward throwing will put her in Ronda's clinch.

"Getting the monster down" - I'm sure that part isn't a worry.
1/16/13 7:54 PM
scaredy cat
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think having both Honda and Cyborg have two or three fights before meeting up would be great for building the hype. There's a whole UFC-only audience out who barely know who they both are. Having two fighters dominate the division before finally meeting is great marketing. Phone Post
1/16/13 8:10 PM
sgotwalks

^ agreed, no hurry on this one.

1/16/13 8:22 PM
Utah get me two

Yeah... Gina Carano got FULL MOUNT on Cyborg, in a fight where Cyborg was simply muscling Gina around the cage, more mugging than fight. When Santos does her "Wanderlei 2002" bullrush, Ronda's going to stand her on her head.
1/16/13 9:01 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - Yeah... Gina Carano got FULL MOUNT on Cyborg, in a fight where Cyborg was simply muscling Gina around the cage, more mugging than fight. When Santos does her "Wanderlei 2002" bullrush, Ronda's going to stand her on her head.

Gina didn`t get shit.Cyborg gave it to her.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.