UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito wants Cyborg warm up fights at 135 first

1/16/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crowbar
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - Yeah... Gina Carano got FULL MOUNT on Cyborg, in a fight where Cyborg was simply muscling Gina around the cage, more mugging than fight. When Santos does her "Wanderlei 2002" bullrush, Ronda's going to stand her on her head.

Gina didn`t get shit.Cyborg gave it to her.

1/16/13 9:02 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito wants?

What about what Cyborg wants? Tito you're not fighting any more stop making everything about you

1/16/13 9:06 PM
sadisticsoldier
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
sadisticsoldier - I've seen nothing from Cyborg to show she can handle what Rousey will bring. It is really odd seeing people talk like Cyborg winning is a sure thing. It makes no sense to me. Cyborg isn't this technical phenom. She wins by brute force and I don't see how that will work against Rousey. If anything they want these warm up fights to get more time for specific training against Rousey because they know that one mistake will be the end of the fight.

What aspects of Rousey's game do you feel are too much for Cyborg?

You have to give the striking to Cyborg... 8 KO/tko wins... Rousey has never hurt anyone with her hands.

Experience? Cyborg... She has more fights, more time, etc... Rousey has never been outside the first round, while Cyborg has more fights, and has gone the distance.

Cyborg will HURT Rousey, who didn't even like getting hit by Tate is going to be forced to eat punches to close the distance, IF she can close the distance, getting the monster that is Cyborg down is going to be a problem.

What other aspect of Rousey's game will she need against Cyborg other than what has brought her this far? Her judo. Rousey has been training her Judo with much stronger men for many years. How much experience against Olympic level judo players do you think Cyborg has? Cyborg will not be successful backing up on the feet because she probably doesn't bother even training that way. Moving forward will only move her closer to Rousey's game.

Cyborg's striking won't be enough to negate the grappling of Rousey because she doesn't have the technical ability to put someone out, nor will her shitty strength based wrestling which earned her a purple belt bjj world championship. Her striking, wrestling and bjj are just nowhere near where they would need to be.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never been impressed with the finishing ability of Cyborg. I'm always impressed with the finishing ability of Rousey though. Carano was able to get very advantageous positions on Cyborg. If Rousey even gets a fraction of that, it will be over.
1/16/13 9:08 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - Yeah... Gina Carano got FULL MOUNT on Cyborg, in a fight where Cyborg was simply muscling Gina around the cage, more mugging than fight. When Santos does her "Wanderlei 2002" bullrush, Ronda's going to stand her on her head.

That was 3 years ago...

To put that into perspective, Ronda wasn't even fighting then....

1/16/13 9:08 PM
UGCTT_mousetrap
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7titofan7 - This is good, if cyborg is given a few warm up fights at 135, should she lose to rousey you'll know that the "weight cut" excuse wont be the first thing out of everybodys mouth. Tito (without even knowing it) has either made a rousey win more legit or a cyborg win even more impressive. Hopefully we get to find out Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/16/13 9:10 PM
chawkins
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 9:11 PM
I really wish Tito weren't still trying to remain in the spotlight. But since he is, at least he's trying to squeeze out a couple of extra fights for his client. I guess that's his job.

If Cyborg is off the juice, she should have lost 10 pounds from that alone. There's your extra weight cut right there.

The crazy thing is, Cyborg is legitimately skilled. She doesn't need to be juiced up to beat chicks, her MT and BJJ are legit. I'd love to see her compete clean, I think she'd do fine.
1/16/13 9:20 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - i dont believe shes 170
She is fucking huge in person... Trust me. I thought she weighed more than me and I'm at 180. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:33 PM
Soup and Beer
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

I remember that fight vividly.  Cyborg didn't give her anything.  It almost looked like two high school girls pulling each others hair and falling to the ground.  They were both horrible in the grappling department.

1/17/13 9:19 AM
jTheHybridwolff
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
jTheHybridwolff - 
jTheHybridwolff -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
jTheHybridwolff -  Cris has one punch Ko power if she catches Ronda coming in going for that lame ass arm bar Ronda's going to sleep. Cris is solid enuff to keep it stand
Rousey is fucked IMO
Bronze medal or not a fight with
Cris Cyborg could end violently Phone Post

the thing is, despite all her muscle..cris doesnt really have 1 punch KO power...who was the last person she KOd with one shot? usually she swarms her opponents with dozens of punches before they are TKO'd...thats the thing about women's mma...relative to men, the grapplers will do better because very few girls have 1 punch KO power so you can wade in and take shots and clinch

Ok maybe not one punch Ko power but damn close if she stays outside swarms RR with punches RR is in trouble
We all know RR 's game plan charge in hip first and grab for a arm if Cris hits her she's folding IMO Phone Post
win vs. Jan Finney
Strikeforce: Insider (06/26/10)
by KO 2:56 in the 2nd round
The last person she ko'd Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOnzDssZ8g

not a KO..TKO..and check how many times jan clinched with her...

I've seen it IMO it was a tko but when asked when was her last Ko I went by Cris's record .
My first fight was a Ko that was called a tko its Bs but that's what on record Phone Post
1/17/13 9:39 AM
sly fox

it makes sense to have a couple of warm ups..

1/17/13 9:49 AM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After a year plus off and that drastic of a weight cut, Tito asking for a warm up fight is not unreasonable. Dana should grant it. Cris will def lose some power at that lower weight.
1/18/13 1:18 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundStPound -  Looks like Tito is going to put his heart and soul into managing Cyborg.

Good for Cyborg. If English wasn't my 1st language I can't think of anyone better to communicate for me other than Tito. Phone Post

yes

1/18/13 2:28 AM
Jack Skellington
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup, agreed

everybody knows all mma fighters have jitters their first UFC fight so I say give Cyborg Miesha Tate live on PPV for her 1st fight at 135

If Santos wins she gets her title shot.

1/18/13 3:16 AM
JerodR
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff -  Cris has one punch Ko power if she catches Ronda coming in going for that lame ass arm bar Ronda's going to sleep. Cris is solid enuff to keep it stand
Rousey is fucked IMO

Wasn't going to say a word until I read this... "Lame ass arm bar" Are you serious?! The same lame ass arm bar that not one person has had an answer for even when they knew it was coming. The one that shredded Misha's arm, the same one that not a single person has been able to stop.. Are you talking about that "lame ass armbar"? Like her, don't like her but at least respect the skill...good lord.

Cyborg is not invincible just the same as Rousey. Gina was able to get takedowns against Cyborg, she was able to take punches from Cyborg, and even go for subs. She didn't lose that fight because of skill, she lost that fight because of Cyborgs crazy power. You don't think Rousey has better takedowns than Gina? Rousey stands a MUCH bigger chance than I think a lot of people give her credit for.

Should be a good fight either way it goes. I expect that this will be the first time either one of them actually have a challenging fight to be honest.
1/18/13 3:27 AM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chawkins - I really wish Tito weren't still trying to remain in the spotlight. But since he is, at least he's trying to squeeze out a couple of extra fights for his client. I guess that's his job.

If Cyborg is off the juice, she should have lost 10 pounds from that alone. There's your extra weight cut right there.

The crazy thing is, Cyborg is legitimately skilled. She doesn't need to be juiced up to beat chicks, her MT and BJJ are legit. I'd love to see her compete clean, I think she'd do fine.

You do realize she popped for a cutting drug right? not a bulking one...

She popped for a banned substance to help her lose weight, not one to add muscle...

So, not sure why she would lose weight from being off of it.. but still.

1/18/13 3:29 AM
12SixElbow

Soup and Beer - 
crowbar - 

I remember that fight vividly.  Cyborg didn't give her anything.  It almost looked like two high school girls pulling each others hair and falling to the ground.  They were both horrible in the grappling department.

Again...

That was 3 years ago...

1/18/13 4:04 AM
UGSlapshot

Good but she'll still make excuses about having to cut weight when she loses.

If Gina can mount her I have a hard time thinking Ronda wont tap her out and there is no doubt in my mind Ronda can take her down. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:18 AM
UGSlapshot

12SixElbow -

Honda would get throttled IMO....

Honestly I was SHOCKED when Tate clinched with Honda... WTF, knowing she has judo like she does, no clue why she didn't keep her distance and pick Honda apart... Props to Honda for getting people to play her game, but Cyborg is a way different fucking animal

I wasn't surprised at, its not like she had a choice. Ronda tagged her with a shot that hurt her, Ronda recognized it instantly and pounced on her looking for the td.

That one second of weakness was enough for Ronda to get position and the td followed.

I believe Cyborgs only chance would be to keep it standing and its not impossible but I don't think its probable. Phone Post
1/18/13 6:00 AM
borked
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.imagegainer.com/images/chunky/fooled2.jpg
1/18/13 6:26 AM
_33
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clinch
Take Down
Arm Bar

Repeat next fight.

RR via arm theft.
1/18/13 8:43 AM
jTheHybridwolff
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR -
Rousey is fucked IMO

Wasn't going to say a word until I read this... "Lame ass arm bar" Are you serious?! The same lame ass arm bar that not one person has had an answer for even when they knew it was coming. The one that shredded Misha's arm, the same one that not a single person has been able to stop.. Are you talking about that "lame ass armbar"? Like her, don't like her but at least respect the skill...good lord.

Cyborg is not invincible just the same as Rousey. Gina was able to get takedowns against Cyborg, she was able to take punches from Cyborg, and even go for subs. She didn't lose that fight because of skill, she lost that fight because of Cyborgs crazy power. You don't think Rousey has better takedowns than Gina? Rousey stands a MUCH bigger chance than I think a lot of people give her credit for.

Should be a good fight either way it goes. I expect that this will be the first time either one of them actually have a challenging fight to be honest.
Should I had said one trick pony? Phone Post
1/18/13 8:47 AM
jTheHybridwolff

12SixElbow -
chawkins - I really wish Tito weren't still trying to remain in the spotlight. But since he is, at least he's trying to squeeze out a couple of extra fights for his client. I guess that's his job.

You do realize she popped for a cutting drug right? not a bulking one...

She popped for a banned substance to help her lose weight, not one to add muscle...

So, not sure why she would lose weight from being off of it.. but still.

Exactly a major over looked aspect she wasn't getting bigger or stronger she was trying to make weight Phone Post
1/18/13 8:54 AM
Jons Forsberg

Tito is a good manager so far, smart move.
1/18/13 9:31 AM
sadisticsoldier

12SixElbow - 
Soup and Beer - 
crowbar - 

Again...

That was 3 years ago...

3 years isn't all that much time. Let me put that into perspective. Ronda Rousey has been training the skills she uses to win fights since she was a child. 4 1/2 years ago when Cyborg was making her international MMA debut, Rousey was close to wrapping up a long and successful career in Judo on her way to winning an Olympic medal less than 3 weeks later, the first for US women.
1/18/13 9:39 AM
Jill Laz

MisterHawkeMMA - 5'8 170 with a 6 pack is hard to do for a guy, let alone a... oh yeah, never mind.
lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.