UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What have we learned from Avellan Thread?

1/16/13 9:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tubarao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 9:12 AM

Now that it has been removed?

I'll start....

1. Marcos for some unexplained reason contacted Keenen's father and sister to ask them "why they were publicly trying to crucify him (Lloyd Irvin)" for the rape incident that happened some time ago

2. Marcos then comes on the UG attempting to defend his actions (which were uncalled for in my opinion.)

3. #2 didn't go well for Marcos, because forum member's started to questioning Marcos' motives and asking why he would defend someone like Lloyd.

4. Tom Callos (or something like that) comes on the UG and offers more intimate details on the situation (something about letters he (Marcos) wrote to them telling them to stop persueing the situation) which make Marcos look even worse. AND ends up enraging UG member's even more.

5. Marcos never responds to any of questions directed to him and avoids the thread all together from what I could tell.

6. This morning several forum members come in to find that the thread has been deleted.

7. Shit storm ensues??

DID I MISS ANYTHING? FEEL FREE TO ADD. Phone Post

1/16/13 9:13 AM
Tubarao

sorry, edited for typos

1/16/13 9:19 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

thanks for the cliff notes

1/16/13 9:21 AM
Fabes
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Sounds about right :)

Tom Callos will continue to post. I think he has more to say.

1/16/13 9:27 AM
Tubarao

1. Marcos for some unexplained reason contacted Keenen's father and sister to ask them "why they were publicly trying to crucify him (Lloyd Irvin)" for the rape incident that happened some time ago

2. Marcos then comes on the UG attempting to defend his actions (which were uncalled for in my opinion.)

3. #2 didn't go well for Marcos, because forum member's started to questioning Marcos' motives and asking why he would defend someone like Lloyd.

4. Tom Callos (or something like that) comes on the UG and offers more intimate details on the situation (something about letters he (Marcos) wrote to them telling them to stop persueing the situation) which make Marcos look even worse. AND ends up enraging UG member's even more.

5. Marcos never responds to any of questions directed to him and avoids the thread all together from what I could tell.

6. This morning several forum members come in to find that the thread has been deleted.

7. "shit storm" starts to kiiiind of ensue in a thread located here... "http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=1&thread=2117897&page=1&pc=63"

8. Kirk comes on a makes a statement that some rogue mod just deleted the thread without even anyone asking for it to be delete (from what it sounds like)

"

From: Kirik 320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 24 minutes ago
Edited: 01/16/13 9:02 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor

Ignore | Quote Event.observe("warnAdmin-42851007-down", "click", castVote); | Vote Down | Vote Up Event.observe("vote-42851007-down-no", "click", castVote); Event.observe("vote-42851007-up-no", "click", castVote);

We have had a policy since 1998 that people can ask that a thread they started be deleted. That has been honored each and every time it was requested, for 15 years. I don't know yet what mod thought it would be a good idea to change a 15 year old precedent without running it by anyone; I apologize and genuinely for the confusion the mod mindlessly caused here.

9. Marcos is still no where to be found <insert Missing Picture of Marcos here on a milk carton>

1/16/13 9:51 AM
effinggoof
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcos Avellan comitted professional suicide.
1/16/13 9:59 AM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcos has it deleted and reposts it today in hopes of SEO... realizes it's about to go sour again and has it deleted within 5 minutes.

What a jerkoff
1/16/13 10:05 AM
trianglegrrl
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=78499719&posted=1#post78499719
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes gets a vote up from me! It's refreshing to have a mod like him.
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just about done with this place.

I'm almost sick to my stomach.

1/16/13 10:26 AM
Tubarao

ttt

1/16/13 10:55 AM
cheesesteak

inf0 - 

Me too. I'm exhausted, drained and sick to my stomach too. I think I need a little breather myself.

Being the best friend of someone who got falsely arrested for rape (who is constantly being judged and having to defend his name)...and ...having a sister who actually was molested as a child by a former family friend (whom never was arrested and never has to answer to anybody questioning his character)...

This really hits home with me and truly disgusts me when the real rapists, child molesters etc...Go on about there business and live a life of never having to being held accountable, while innocent victims or falsely accused people have to be haunted for the rest of their lives...

I hope the MMA community will pick up the slack for me as I need some time off from this topic as I'm genuinely exhausted and disgusted.
1/16/13 11:00 AM
ShawnTheBadger
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trianglegrrl - http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=78499719&posted=1#post78499719

I am completely ignorant on all things computer.

However, it *appears* that trianglegirl has a way to retrieve the original posts in that thread by Marcos Avellan?

His initial posts are what is so damning to him as a human-being and instructor. They should be retrieved if possible and re-posted. *Assuming* that that would not be a breach of some rules around here (?).

1/16/13 11:03 AM
KingGo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the first im hearing of any of this, in Phone Post
1/16/13 11:17 AM
jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have learned that Anonymous should be informed of Irvin and his actions..........

1/16/13 11:20 AM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought part of the interesting story was that, basically, Tom Callos had no idea who Marcos Avellan is.
1/16/13 12:09 PM
Toquinho
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lost respect for Marcos avellan and whish his next bjj opponent is paul harris :) Phone Post
1/16/13 12:16 PM
RaginCajun54
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Lloyd disable his "professional" facebook account? FB redirects me back to my home tab whenever I try to click on his page. I don't know if it is my browser or what but can I get confirmation on this?
1/16/13 12:25 PM
cheesesteak

Here is Marcos getting absolutely "white belted" by Marcello.

pause at 5:46...Marcos if you are viewing this thread which i'm sure your chicken shit lurking ass will do at some point...imagine that frame at 5:46 being a 17 year old girl and Lloyd thinking to himself I'd like to have sex with her after these 6 finish.

Shame on you defending your master
1/16/13 12:26 PM
cheesesteak

RaginCajun54 - Did Lloyd disable his "professional" facebook account? FB redirects me back to my home tab whenever I try to click on his page. I don't know if it is my browser or what but can I get confirmation on this?

this happens to me too. I think it is now private to his cult members and rape supporters.
1/16/13 12:27 PM
Quik
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
I miss everything
1/16/13 12:33 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - 
inf0 - 

Me too. I'm exhausted, drained and sick to my stomach too. I think I need a little breather myself.

Being the best friend of someone who got falsely arrested for rape (who is constantly being judged and having to defend his name)...and ...having a sister who actually was molested as a child by a former family friend (whom never was arrested and never has to answer to anybody questioning his character)...

This really hits home with me and truly disgusts me when the real rapists, child molesters etc...Go on about there business and live a life of never having to being held accountable, while innocent victims or falsely accused people have to be haunted for the rest of their lives...

I hope the MMA community will pick up the slack for me as I need some time off from this topic as I'm genuinely exhausted and disgusted.

just curious, how do you know your friend was falsely arrested?
1/16/13 12:44 PM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

^^^ THIS :(
1/16/13 12:49 PM
yellow's Overseer
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quik - I miss everything
Right? Phone Post
1/16/13 1:01 PM
cheesesteak

likatiga - 
cheesesteak - 
inf0 - 

just curious, how do you know your friend was falsely arrested?

This girl was his girlfriend of two years. At some point her mother died and she went on anti anxiety meds and months later started taking up to 2 benzos a day along with a bottle of jeigemeister...My friend loved her and tried to help her through the situation over and over again...it got to the point were she was getting so fucked up that if he ever called her out for being wasted she would do things as drastic as call his work to tell them that he is a junky and a drunk. Which I can very well assure you he wasn't, he didn't even drink socially because he cant stomach the taste of alcohol.

Anyway, through the course of over a year and having to pick her up at the hospital for overdosing 5 times...He was finally fed up and told her that this is it no more chances...She got mad and did her usual thing of calling him fat and ugly and he called her a junky pill whore and as he was leaving her house...the police pull in the driveway and tell him to wait outside. they go inside and talk to her and notice she has shorts on with bruises..and ask her if she has been assaulted and she said, yes he just raped me.

1.)Now her original 911 call was her simply stating he is being verbally abusive please remove him from my house.

2.) The bruises on her legs are always there as she falls and bumps into things constantly and were there a few days before when she was in the hospital for the OD

3.) According to the PD and detectives she is well known for calling the police when she is pilled and liquored up. In the past she has called them trying to get her dad arrested fro slamming a tv off her head. her father was a bedridden 500lb disabled veteran btw...He never did any such thing...

4.) Police reports confirm she was was found in the house with his wallet which she stole looking for pictures and phone numbers of other girls. She was delusional and though he was cheating on her. Thats all she was concerned about rather than being raped or assaulted.

5.) 3 days later she had left a voicemail apologizing for having him arrested.

The more I think of it, the more I think the police actually made an unwarranted arrest and it really sucks for my friend because if you google his name along side of his professional information an article stating he was arrested and charged with rape shows up.

What do any lawyers on here happen to think about this. Would my friend has some kind of case against the PD or the paper that is hurting his business? He has stated to me many times that he could care less of suing or anything like that, he simply just wants acknowledgement that the arrest was unwarranted.

I am sorry to detract on the main focus of this thread, but since we are on it I figure i'd ask to help my buddy. He really is one of the nicest guys and I feel very sorry for him...All he wanted to do is stick around and get this girl clean so they could have a life together and it backfired in the worst kind of way imaginable.

sorry about the rant guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.