UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does the UG "News" not want you to know about...

1/16/13 9:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator on Spike this Thursday night at 10pm?

Discuss
1/16/13 9:22 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol
1/16/13 9:35 AM
liquidrob

This Thursday, January 17th at 10pm (check your local listings) Bellator is now on Spike

2 Title fights

Chandler vs Hawn for the LW title and Curran vs Pitbull for the FW title, Babalu is also fihting in the 1st round of Tue LHW tournament
1/16/13 9:42 AM
Darup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't watch minor league sports Phone Post
1/16/13 9:44 AM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - I thought Cole Konrad was HW champ? God damn it, UG Blog!!! Phone Post
Nah. Rumor has it he retired. Phone Post
1/16/13 9:49 AM
liquidrob

*MMA NEWS ALERT*

We have confirmation that Ronda Rousey has tweeted, we don't have that exact tweet yet, but there has been a tweet, I repeat, Rousey has tweeted

We will update this breaking news story shortly, please stand by
1/16/13 9:55 AM
liquidrob

False alarm, no tweet this morning, now, we wait...
1/16/13 9:58 AM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
liquidrob - False alarm, no tweet this morning, now, we wait...
The false alarm is news enough.

And when did Cole Konrad retire!!?? Phone Post
Not sure that he is. Some people say he is retired. Some say he re-tired his truck. Some said he is now retarded. We wait for conformation. . Phone Post
1/16/13 9:59 AM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
There will be an official discussion and results thread. patience Phone Post
1/16/13 10:00 AM
liquidrob

Lol, come on Chris, that's the official stance on Bellator on Spike? Wait for the discussion thread?

Unreal
1/16/13 10:02 AM
Dawkins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator has a great roster of non mainstream talent. I never understood the hate.
1/16/13 10:08 AM
DWTF
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will watch any bellator main event over any UFC card that features Ronday rousey.

bellator should consider competing head to head against the UFC on Saturday nights that the Ultimate fighting championship decides to show up with a half ass card
1/16/13 10:08 AM
vaginal tear

Dawkins - Bellator has a great roster of non mainstream talent. I never understood the hate.
Nobody clicks on that shit. Pics of Tate's ass would get 100x more traffic than a Bellator thread. It's our own fault. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:18 AM
hybridfc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA.tv news is their front page, yet utterly embarrassing in what it chooses to cover. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:31 AM
Kirik
1600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 10:34 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor

We cover what people are interested in, not what we are interested in. I am interested in MMA technique, but there is next to none of that there because the UG collectively doesn't care. Same thing with WMMA and JMMA. Invicta finally turned people around to WMMA, opened their eyes, but it has been a long time coming.

There is not a lack of information in the MMA space, there is too much. The average news piece is not put up so that people will somehow therefore become interested in the subject. The average news piece is put up because people find it compelling.

People are not interested in Ronda Rousey's tweets because they are on the UG. Ronda Rousey's tweets are on the UG because people are interested in them.

We do do a large number of pieces simply because we believe in them, regardless of views. Regulation and legislation being a primary one. But I am not in the business of trying to get people to watch IFL or ProElite or Affliction or BoDog or Strikeforce or Bellator because it is fair and the UFC is too big and Dana White swears too much or whatever the reasoning is.

And, as Chris noted, there will be a full Bellator discussion thread. But there will not be for example a thread on Bellator weigh ins, because no one cares.

1/16/13 10:38 AM
liquidrob

Disagree, how could you say people are not interested in Bellator on Spike when you don't cover it?

Isn't this a MMA site? You think Invicta will get more viewers than Bellator on Spike? Top 10 fighters fighting for titles on Spike isn't news worthy?

Eddie Alvarez is getting offers from the UFC and "intended" title fight and the guy who finished him is fighting this Thursday
1/16/13 10:39 AM
john joe
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ this is all sad but true; same with the FO site, i used to spend ages putting Bellator previews together. Three people read them and two of those were accidental clicks; fuckin depressing

that said, i am heartily looking forward to tomorrow's event and the Chandler/Hawn fight especially.
1/16/13 10:40 AM
liquidrob

You can't show me data that no one is interested I'm Bellator on spike because you haven't ran one story on them yet this week or last I believe

Eddie and his contract was big news, you got your "hits", I would assume people would be interested in the guy who beat him
1/16/13 10:44 AM
liquidrob

I guess this site is just in it for the "hits"

Understood
1/16/13 10:53 AM
epwar
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News thread sticky - "Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight"

LOL!

1/16/13 10:54 AM
liquidrob

Its about the people epwar, the people
1/16/13 10:57 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liquidrob makes me thirsty

1/16/13 11:03 AM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thought this thread was gonna be about Lloyd Irvin.

"I'll take 'the rapist' for $200, Alex."
1/16/13 11:05 AM
liquidrob

vegard - thought this thread was gonna be about Lloyd Irvin.

"I'll take 'the rapist' for $200, Alex."

I'm learning how to get the 'hits"...
1/16/13 11:06 AM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
epwar -

UG News thread sticky - "Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight"

LOL!

To be fair, stickied threads could be buyable by gray names. I'm sure if Spike wanted a Bellator thread stickied, Kirik would do it Phone Post
Wow, I had no idea "stickied" threads were sponsored.

Do I even business?!? NO Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.