UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does the UG "News" not want you to know about...

1/16/13 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
liquidrob -
vegard - thought this thread was gonna be about Lloyd Irvin.

"I'll take 'the rapist' for $200, Alex."

I'm learning how to get the 'hits"...
Write Nick Diaz/Michael Bisping/Ronda Rousey in your thread title, even if your thread is about none of them, and watch the hits pour in. If you get banned, who gives a fuck? Just sign up for a new acct Phone Post
Umm fuck no. I'll be pissed if people start doin this. Phone Post
1/16/13 11:18 AM
9ersKAEPedmyfudgehole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sucks that it starts at 10pm eastern, I have to get up at 6am :(
1/16/13 11:18 AM
Letibleu
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to care. The product is great.

However I do not agree with how the fighters are treated. This dates to pre Alvarez. But that's just me and my opinion.

I noticed not many Bellator threads have been started outside of the Eddie debacle. Nobody gives a shit. I bet most people can't even name the 6 biggest names on Friday's card without looking.

DanTheWolfman is the only Bellator related thread (and it could be equally about Invicta) started in the past 12 hours I remember.

Nobody gives a shit and that's just fine.
1/16/13 11:20 AM
Kirik
1636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
liquidrob - Disagree, how could you say people are not interested in Bellator on Spike when you don't cover it?

Isn't this a MMA site? You think Invicta will get more viewers than Bellator on Spike? Top 10 fighters fighting for titles on Spike isn't news worthy?

Eddie Alvarez is getting offers from the UFC and "intended" title fight and the guy who finished him is fighting this Thursday

We cover EVERY Bellator with a discussion thread. As we do Invicta. I know exactly how much the UG cares about each. And, yes, Invicta gets more views than Bellator. By several times. I can show the numbers if you want, but am kind of busy. Can show over the weekend.

1/16/13 11:21 AM
Kirik
1636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
john joe - ^ this is all sad but true; same with the FO site, i used to spend ages putting Bellator previews together. Three people read them and two of those were accidental clicks; fuckin depressing

that said, i am heartily looking forward to tomorrow's event and the Chandler/Hawn fight especially.

Thank you for the professional confirmation Joe.

1/16/13 11:24 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about viewers that actually watch it?

You think Invicta had more viewers than Bellator will get this Thursday? They already got 500k for Bellator 360 which was a highlight show
1/16/13 11:24 AM
Letibleu
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
liquidrob - Disagree, how could you say people are not interested in Bellator on Spike when you don't cover it?

Isn't this a MMA site? You think Invicta will get more viewers than Bellator on Spike? Top 10 fighters fighting for titles on Spike isn't news worthy?

Eddie Alvarez is getting offers from the UFC and "intended" title fight and the guy who finished him is fighting this Thursday

We cover EVERY Bellator with a discussion thread. As we do Invicta. I know exactly how much the UG cares about each. And, yes, Invicta gets more views than Bellator. By several times. I can show the numbers if you want, but am kind of busy. Can show over the weekend.

I am still somewhat new here and have noticed Bellator threads sink fast as hell. Unless its a thread shitting on Bellator, those tend to float a bit longer. Can't force feed members something they won't eat.

1/16/13 11:25 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
liquidrob - I guess this site is just in it for the "hits"

Understood

Jesus man, you are literally wrong on everything. Could be best to quit while you are behind. As I said clearly and in English we do a large number of pieces because we believe in them. But Strikeforce, IFL, Bellator, ProElite, Affliction, etc is not like a charity or something. If people don't care about Bellator, there is not ethical reason to try to convince people it is a big deal when they don't care. Would be a failing effort anyway.

1/16/13 11:27 AM
Kirik

Edited: 01/16/13 11:27 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor
TheBeebs - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
epwar -

UG News thread sticky - "Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight"

LOL!

To be fair, stickied threads could be buyable by gray names. I'm sure if Spike wanted a Bellator thread stickied, Kirik would do it Phone Post
Wow, I had no idea "stickied" threads were sponsored.

Neither did I

1/16/13 11:31 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Discussion is good

As a MMA fan like the majority of people here (I think), I would assume that the number 2 MMA promotion would actually get covered, my bad

1/16/13 11:37 AM
liquidrob

In light of the recent rape scandal I find quit while you are behind offensive

I will be interested in the number of views the Bellator on Spike discussion thread will get this Thursday compared to what Invicta did

I know more people will actually watch Bellator, so the views for this site will be fun to look at
1/16/13 11:41 AM
McBottery
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - Lol, come on Chris, that's the official stance on Bellator on Spike? Wait for the discussion thread?

Unreal

It has without a doubt been on their news before, what do you want it there once a week?

1/16/13 11:57 AM
ruggets4nuggets

Edited: 01/16/13 1:37 PM
Super pumped for Bellator
1/16/13 12:09 PM
,DBK,
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can totally understand where Kirik is coming from, but it's still sort of disappointing. I guess it's naive or something to expect some sort of MMA altruism, but I don't see the harm of at least throwing up a small little blurb on the news page mentioning that there's an event coming up. Oh well. :'(
1/16/13 4:51 PM
Dawkins

Lets stop focusing on the negative about Bellator then. No promotion is perfect.
1/16/13 4:53 PM
RickStorm
1635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
liquidrob - *MMA NEWS ALERT*

We have confirmation that Ronda Rousey has tweeted, we don't have that exact tweet yet, but there has been a tweet, I repeat, Rousey has tweeted

We will update this breaking news story shortly, please stand by

LOL

1/16/13 8:23 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darup - I don't watch minor league sports Phone Post
Will you be watching a UFC event headlined by Rousey vs Carmouche?

I think a -1200 underdog who hasnt exactly set the world ablaze in her weight class in a title fight is more minor league than standing as a main event of the major leagues. Phone Post
1/16/13 8:27 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

We cover what people are interested in, not what we are interested in. I am interested in MMA technique, but there is next to none of that there because the UG collectively doesn't care. Same thing with WMMA and JMMA. Invicta finally turned people around to WMMA, opened their eyes, but it has been a long time coming.

There is not a lack of information in the MMA space, there is too much. The average news piece is not put up so that people will somehow therefore become interested in the subject. The average news piece is put up because people find it compelling.

People are not interested in Ronda Rousey's tweets because they are on the UG. Ronda Rousey's tweets are on the UG because people are interested in them.

We do do a large number of pieces simply because we believe in them, regardless of views. Regulation and legislation being a primary one. But I am not in the business of trying to get people to watch IFL or ProElite or Affliction or BoDog or Strikeforce or Bellator because it is fair and the UFC is too big and Dana White swears too much or whatever the reasoning is.

And, as Chris noted, there will be a full Bellator discussion thread. But there will not be for example a thread on Bellator weigh ins, because no one cares.

this is true. the weigh ins are like halfway over and theres less than 10 posts on the thread
1/16/13 8:30 PM
Joe_Drogan420

I'm not trying to get banned here, but hypothetically if one wanted to watch the prelims, and i stress hypothetically(please don't ban me mods, I really am not endorsing or advocating bellator in anyway), how would they go about doing so?
1/16/13 8:33 PM
liquidrob

Prelims will be airing on Spike.com
1/16/13 9:28 PM
Buffer720
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be careful or this will go to conspiracy ground. Phone Post
1/17/13 1:47 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

1/17/13 1:53 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -  LOL @ quit while you are behind Phone Post

aka When you find yourself in a hole, its generally a good idea to stop digging.

1/18/13 12:29 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Can you please cover more Sonnen and Rousey? Phone Post
4/1/13 9:03 PM
liquidrob

This Thursday on Spike, Bellator

BELLATOR 95: CURRAN VS. SHAMHALAEV
Date: April 4, 2013
Venue: Ovation Hall at Revel
Broadcast: Spike TV, Spike.com

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)

Pat Curran vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev - for featherweight title
Brett Cooper vs. Doug Marshall - middleweight-tournament final
Magomedrasul Khasbulaev vs. Mike Richman - featherweight-tournament final
Rick Hawn vs. Karo Parisyan

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)

Lyman Good vs. Dante Rivera
Kevin Roddy vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen
Liam McGeary vs. Anton Talamantes
Michael Brent Hess vs. Will Martinez
Brian Kelleher vs. Jimmie Rivera
Carlos Brooks vs. Tom DeBlass
Shedrick Goodridge vs. Sam Oropeza
Darrel Horcher vs. Phillipe Nover
EVENT NEWS

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.