UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does the UG "News" not want you to know about...

4/2/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

apparently you are nowhere to be found on the forum on Thursday's b/c we have stickied the discussion thread and results for almost every show Bellator has had.

4/2/13 12:44 PM
Soup and Beer
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

15days - Bellator is fun to watch, boring to discuss. UFC directly or indirectly makes this place money and like its said before if everyone thought the way you did then there would be protests and 100 more threads.

I kind of agree.  UFC is more about the drama and the hype of the fight while Bellator is more about the fight.  Each has their place I guess.

4/2/13 12:47 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 

apparently you are nowhere to be found on the forum on Thursday's b/c we have stickied the discussion thread and results for almost every show Bellator has had.

Actually I am, I post on those threads

Even the one you guys missed and the one where you got the complete card wrong

Anyway, that wasn't my point, if you feel that is "covering" Bellator than that's what it is, myself and others would appreciate more, but obviously that's not going to happen, thanks for the replies

4/2/13 1:02 PM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 

I dont understand why weeks like this you have a oneFC and Invicta disscussion thread already made and posted on the news feed, but no Bellator thread even though it is one of their biggest cards on spike and it is on the day BEFORE those other 2 shows.

also, i think its a little odd that the discussion thread for bellator goes up only a few hours before the card, and is "unstickied" very quickly afterwards. I've seen tuf thread stay stickied longer.

i just feel like the UG could do a better job of getting the word out about a great MMA promotion that puts on free events.

the more people that know about bellator, the more popular their threads will get and the more traffic this site will get. i just dont see why it seems like such a burden just to post some more bellator news and such.

4/2/13 1:13 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexus, let me answer for the UG staff

"We always (almost) put up a discussion for every Bellator show, be patient"
4/2/13 1:34 PM
PrettyBoy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik trying to act like Bellator is less popular than Invicta is a joke. Nobody...and i mean nobody would even know Invicta exists if it wasnt for the UG pumping it as hard as the UFC.

They have very few events a year which means they should be stacked to the teeth and nobody still cares.The only women I recognize on the card are the ones that used to fight for Strikeforce...and I still dont care.

If hits is what the UG cares about WSOF should have been getting all kinds of coverage the week of their event since UFC was silent...they got basically nothing and still pulled a thread with like 50K views and 2K of posts if I recall correctly. Thats way more than TUF or the other shit that gets so much pump on here.

4/2/13 1:53 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King - If you love Bellator so much,then why don't you marry it?

But really though,are there people that are griping that a thread isn't made for them about an mma event,on an mma forum? 

Just pm me if you need me to roll up mah sleeves and do the dirty work of starting a thread and keeping it TTT'd to where anyone who wants can post in this thread. Literally anyone. Phone Post 3.0

LOL
4/4/13 9:52 AM
liquidrob

LOL

4/4/13 9:59 AM
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News -" How Eddie Bravos walks and chews gum at the same time and still manages to be a father!!!!" Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 10:06 AM
Kirik
1597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Nexuscrawlers - 
Chris - 

I dont understand why weeks like this you have a oneFC and Invicta disscussion thread already made and posted on the news feed, but no Bellator thread even though it is one of their biggest cards on spike and it is on the day BEFORE those other 2 shows.

also, i think its a little odd that the discussion thread for bellator goes up only a few hours before the card, and is "unstickied" very quickly afterwards. I've seen tuf thread stay stickied longer.

i just feel like the UG could do a better job of getting the word out about a great MMA promotion that puts on free events.

the more people that know about bellator, the more popular their threads will get and the more traffic this site will get. i just dont see why it seems like such a burden just to post some more bellator news and such.

I understand that if you look hard enough, pretty much at anything, you can find conspiracies for pretty much for anything.

Ubeknownst to many, the UG Blog is a contest between Chris and I. Who ever gets the most eyeballs at the end of the month is the better human being. It has been me for the last six months. The only way he can ever barely edge over a win is that he gets all UFCs and TUFs and Bellators.

The ONE FC and Invicta threads went up early because it was Chris's way of dibsing them. I let him do it without complaint, as he needs the views. He always gets the Bellator cards by prior agreement.

The unstickying is me. Chris wants them sticked as long as possible to max views. I want to unsticky as fast as possible, so he remains forever in his rightful second place. If something is there a long time, it is because I forgot.

Anyway, that is why you see what you see, and not for any other reason.

If you think Bellator coverage is weak, make some suggestions for compelling coverage of the show that we are missing.

Lord knows, Chris needs the views...

4/4/13 10:12 AM
liquidrob

Kirik is spinning as hard as the other "not to be named" situation
4/4/13 10:15 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 04/04/13 10:14 AM

^^^^^@ Kirik:  How about every Tuesday before a Bellator card (my day off) I email you a "BellatorMMA XXX Preview" article highlighting the best match ups they have that week and any compeling background on specific fighters???

I would do this for free obviously, and have written for an MMA site before. I don't even really care if you give me any credit at all. I would appreciate it if you do, but not needed.

liquidrob

So in one instance Kirik says Bellator doesnt get many views is the reason they dont get coverage from the UG news, than he explains that he un stickies Bellators quickly so they can't get more views

Awesome!
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i guess rowdy bec being on the Tommy Toe Hold is more important than the last Bellator card this season

4/4/13 10:18 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

To be fair, despite "UG News"' lac k of coverage, there are currently 4 Bellator threads on page 1.

That said I would think an MMA site would notice that it's posters have to keep making threads because there is a lack of UG News threads, and correct that to get as much "bellator" talk directed to their articles threads...

4/4/13 10:20 AM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Nexuscrawlers - 
Chris - 

I understand that if you look hard enough, pretty much at anything, you can find conspiracies for pretty much for anything.

Ubeknownst to many, the UG Blog is a contest between Chris and I. Who ever gets the most eyeballs at the end of the month is the better human being. It has been me for the last six months. The only way he can ever barely edge over a win is that he gets all UFCs and TUFs and Bellators.

The ONE FC and Invicta threads went up early because it was Chris's way of dibsing them. I let him do it without complaint, as he needs the views. He always gets the Bellator cards by prior agreement.

The unstickying is me. Chris wants them sticked as long as possible to max views. I want to unsticky as fast as possible, so he remains forever in his rightful second place. If something is there a long time, it is because I forgot.

Anyway, that is why you see what you see, and not for any other reason.

If you think Bellator coverage is weak, make some suggestions for compelling coverage of the show that we are missing.

Lord knows, Chris needs the views...

peace out

4/4/13 10:20 AM
liquidrob

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

To be fair, despite "UG News"' lac k of coverage, there are currently 4 Bellator threads on page 1.

That said I would think an MMA site would notice that it's posters have to keep making threads because there is a lack of UG News threads, and correct that to get as much "bellator" talk directed to their articles threads...

BTT took matters into there own hands, we always have to
4/4/13 10:22 AM
Nexuscrawlers

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^^@ Kirik:  How about every Tuesday before a Bellator card (my day off) I email you a "BellatorMMA XXX Preview" article highlighting the best match ups they have that week and any compeling background on specific fighters???

I would do this for free obviously, and have written for an MMA site before. I don't even really care if you give me any credit at all. I would appreciate it if you do, but not needed.

that would be awesome. i think that would help the "i dont watch bellator because i dont know who to watch uot for" crowd as well.

4/4/13 10:23 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

FUCK ME!

You see that Kirik? Now DamnSevern is gonna leave this forum. (I think that's what he meant) Your lack of Bellator coverage for whatever (wink) reason is pushing away some of the best posters this site has ever had.

4/4/13 10:27 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Nexuscrawlers - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

that would be awesome. i think that would help the "i dont watch bellator because i dont know who to watch uot for" crowd as well.

Exactly. I think many younger more casual fans here don't know enough background to get "hyped" up to tune in.

I'm down if it is something they would actually post and possibly sticky.

4/4/13 10:34 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Search for the bellator thread it hasn't even been made yet.

4/4/13 10:35 AM
gusto

Nexuscrawlers - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I would like it too. I dont have time to follow mma like i used to. I count on sites like this to be like "THIS IS HAPPENING"

I just know i get home on Thursday and throw on the fights, but i dont know much about the guys. A good preview of who the dudes beat and what their background is and a sort of "what to look for" would be good
4/4/13 10:36 AM
Hammerfister
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fyi-I've been trying to interview Bjorn and many of the Bellator fighters for the UG and not having much luck getting a hold of any other than Ben Saunders, War Machine, and Marcus Davis. I would be more than happy to do so though.
-Jack Brown Phone Post
4/4/13 10:38 AM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

Search for the bellator thread it hasn't even been made yet.

They were too busy making their invicta thread 2 weeks ago.

4/4/13 10:43 AM
Brabatross

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

You are pretty annoying Liquidrob .

Yet there's still no Bellator thread...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.