UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does the UG "News" not want you to know about...

4/4/13 10:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stea1th
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure people care when it's on a broadcast network like spike.

Just sayin Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 10:54 AM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^^@ Kirik:  How about every Tuesday before a Bellator card (my day off) I email you a "BellatorMMA XXX Preview" article highlighting the best match ups they have that week and any compeling background on specific fighters???

I would do this for free obviously, and have written for an MMA site before. I don't even really care if you give me any credit at all. I would appreciate it if you do, but not needed.

Dude that would be awesome!!! I will follow up with an email, too. And I'll make some fancy  UnderGround Blogger banner or something.

4/4/13 11:10 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Kirik - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^^@ Kirik:  How about every Tuesday before a Bellator card (my day off) I email you a "BellatorMMA XXX Preview" article highlighting the best match ups they have that week and any compeling background on specific fighters???

I would do this for free obviously, and have written for an MMA site before. I don't even really care if you give me any credit at all. I would appreciate it if you do, but not needed.

Dude that would be awesome!!! I will follow up with an email, too. And I'll make some fancy  UnderGround Blogger banner or something.

Well hot shit!!! I will be down and ready once their next season starts. Don't think anything is official yet, and this is their last event of the season. Count me in 100%. I will have an article to you by the weekend before each event if possible. If not the Tuesday before the event. Two days isn't that much exposure so if I can get it done the weekend before it would be better imo.

4/4/13 11:13 AM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Kirik - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Well hot shit!!! I will be down and ready once their next season starts. Don't think anything is official yet, and this is their last event of the season. Count me in 100%. I will have an article to you by the weekend before each event if possible. If not the Tuesday before the event. Two days isn't that much exposure so if I can get it done the weekend before it would be better imo.

My experience is that people have a pretty short memory here. A piece in Sat will be forgotten by Thursday. Plus weekends are dead here as it is not like being at work - there are better things to do :-)

I think Tuesday would be perfect.

But the sooner you can get it to me the better for sure.

I am deeply grateful.

4/4/13 11:14 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck LnP!

I will be reading
4/4/13 11:20 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 04/04/13 11:20 AM
Kirik - 

My experience is that people have a pretty short memory here. A piece in Sat will be forgotten by Thursday. Plus weekends are dead here as it is not like being at work - there are better things to do :-)

I think Tuesday would be perfect.

But the sooner you can get it to me the better for sure.

I am deeply grateful.

Sounds great. I will try my best to get them to you over the weekend so that someone can proof and edit anything as far as grammar goes. I think I am very well written in type, but I tend to use too many commas :-)

4/4/13 11:31 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Billytk - You have to admit it is kind of pathetic that there is Invicta banners and shit all over the place but you have to really search to find info on Bellator

Have you considered the possibility that Invicta pays the site to do that, and Bellator doesn't want or feel they need the advertizing here? I'm not saying that is 100% the case, but it seems logical to think that promotions pay sites to advertize...

4/4/13 12:27 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Got your email Kirik. I will put something together well in advance of the first event of the next season! Thanks for doing this, your forum members will hopefully enjoy a closer look at the fighters of BellatorMMA.

4/4/13 12:35 PM
Nexuscrawlers
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - Good luck LnP!

I will be reading
This! Very excited about that. I'm glad something was worked out.
WAR BELLATOR!!!
WAR MMA.TV !!! Phone Post
4/4/13 1:12 PM
D241
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 
Kirik - 
Nexuscrawlers - 
Chris - 

apparently you are nowhere to be found on the forum on Thursday's b/c we have stickied the discussion thread and results for almost every show Bellator has had.

I dont understand why weeks like this you have a oneFC and Invicta disscussion thread already made and posted on the news feed, but no Bellator thread even though it is one of their biggest cards on spike and it is on the day BEFORE those other 2 shows.

also, i think its a little odd that the discussion thread for bellator goes up only a few hours before the card, and is "unstickied" very quickly afterwards. I've seen tuf thread stay stickied longer.

i just feel like the UG could do a better job of getting the word out about a great MMA promotion that puts on free events.

the more people that know about bellator, the more popular their threads will get and the more traffic this site will get. i just dont see why it seems like such a burden just to post some more bellator news and such.

I understand that if you look hard enough, pretty much at anything, you can find conspiracies for pretty much for anything.

Ubeknownst to many, the UG Blog is a contest between Chris and I. Who ever gets the most eyeballs at the end of the month is the better human being. It has been me for the last six months. The only way he can ever barely edge over a win is that he gets all UFCs and TUFs and Bellators.

The ONE FC and Invicta threads went up early because it was Chris's way of dibsing them. I let him do it without complaint, as he needs the views. He always gets the Bellator cards by prior agreement.

The unstickying is me. Chris wants them sticked as long as possible to max views. I want to unsticky as fast as possible, so he remains forever in his rightful second place. If something is there a long time, it is because I forgot.

Anyway, that is why you see what you see, and not for any other reason.

If you think Bellator coverage is weak, make some suggestions for compelling coverage of the show that we are missing.

Lord knows, Chris needs the views...

peace out

HA!!  

I'm so glad I stopped to read what DS had quoted. I wouldn't have seen that if I didn't know when DS post it's usually something insightful or important.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.